1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reasoning behind your username?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Jan 3, 2017.

1. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

She's a recluse isn't she ??

2. RobSpur

RobSpur Well-Known Member

She's just started touring (or at least performing) again apparantly.

What a talent though.

She was before my time, but I was watching that wuthering heights video recently, and how incredible for a 19 year old to write, sing and perform that. Absoloutely stunning girl as well.

If she broke through today you'd have to think she'd become an absoloute megastar.

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

She is after kissing up to Theresa May killed her album sales dead...

remembercolinlee likes this.
  4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

When it's a life long obsession, a few pounds wont put me off. If I had a choice it would be a 30 year Kate.

5. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Not really, she just shuns Media events. She's often to be seen in local pubs etc. Apparently.

6. RobSpur

RobSpur Well-Known Member

It's a deal then.

You have that one, and I have the 19 year old one.

Glad we've got that sorted.

7. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

Spurs motto: Audere est Facere (= to dare is to do). Geddit?
    Sorry.
    [But maybe you'll agree that this somewhat strained pun
    is more fun than my earlier name of mikewglospur ?]

I may set that sentence to music sometime........

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I like it Sir.

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Remember when we all helped you find an Avatar and suggested a kangaroo, to which you obliged?

Then we told you we were taking the piss, to which you cursed us?

Them were the days!

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.

11. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

And the price of the vinyl £ 65 00 or £20 00 on itunes

12. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Haha yes! <laugh> makes you realise how long we've all been posting. Great community <ok>

We have amazing posters on here and always have, but it would be so good to see some of the old posters back on here, too. - Notso, for example, posted the "photoshop thread" years ago, and it's STILL going strong. Yet sadly, it's been some time since he last posted.

Hopefully we'll see those people return this year and hear their current thoughts on the club. <ok>

13. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

Kate is an amazing talent . "Man with the child in his eyes"
    Is of the highest quality and she is wearing a leotard in the video. She was trained by some french bloke in a form of modern dance that kept very suble.
    I love " running up the hill " which was played at the Olympic opening ceremony . " cloudbursting " makes me cry as l think. of my 2 little girls .
    An outstanding artist but time has taken its toll and eating too many cakes at her Devon retreat has left her pretty fat , you could say she's gone done hill.

14. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

When I was in my 20s (in the 1980s) someone called me a glory hunter. They said it was easy supporting a team who had players like Perryman, Waddle, Lineker, Gazza, Clemency, Hoddle, Ossie, Ricky, Allen etc.
    I responded by saying that I remember us signing Colin Lee and he said who?

He scored those 4 goals when I was 10 and when my idiot mother's child beating husband got violent I would use my broken subbutteo players to read enact spurs matches to make me feel better and for a couple of years I used to re enact the 9 nil win over Bristol Rovers.
    My hero was always Perryman but I have a massive soft spot for Colin Lee.

Sorry if this sounds like a downer but it ain't meant to be. I have a great life and wouldn't change anything as it has shaped me into being the happy, go lucky, glass half full guy that you all find me to be on here <laugh>

15. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

I was there old cock .

16. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

The music of Paul Weller is the only thing (outside my family) that rivals my love of Tottenham Hotspur, and I chose this song for these lines
    'And the more I see, the more I know The more I know, the less I understand' - because in footballing terms that's often how I feel!

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Glad I done this thread, some great responses <ok>

18. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

Wish mine was as informative as some of the others but no.
    Simply Steve Perryman -Spurs legend..
    Actually it stems from when I was 10 or 11 (early 1970's ) and I was invited to watch a pre season training session by one the coaches the late Pat Welton (my mum worked with his wife) and I met all the first team but Steve Perryman was the only one who actually stopped for a chat from then on it was a no brainer.

19. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Back in the BBC days I was 'Alfie Conn's Afro'. As there is an 'Alfie Conn' already I decided to pick a new 'nom de post'. I used to watch a lot of televised football with a group of guys. One, my cousin, is from 'Norn Iron' and was immediately 'The Doog', another is a great mimic [he has made a living as an Elvis impersonator and a stand-up comedian at times] does a freakily good impersonation of Brian Clough. Someone, it might have been me, suggested we were becoming the 1970 ITV World Cup Panel. Another of the group is a Palace fan and jumped at being Malcolm Allison. I didn't fancy being Bob McNab or Paddy Crerand [as thy're both colossal ****ers] which left Brian Moore.

I always liked Brian Moore, well both of them actually. My brother played rugby with the ex-England hooker and was in the next room to him at Nottingham University. So. I became Brian. As the Cloughie of our group always had most to say, regularly I found myself saying...."Thanks for that, Brian" . It's kind of stuck.

20. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I was called SuperPav9 when he was with us because I loved Pav. I think I was that on BBC 606 too. (edit: no i was lacklusterchris on BBC 606, which was a dire name!!!)

Then he left and I started a thread for ideas...nobody was very helpful I seem to remember! So I became SoSoSahahaha for a while but that was kind of ****.

Then Thudd grew his afro for charity and he acquired somewhat legendary status with me and my mates for really no particular reason. So I changed to this, grainy avatar and all. I almost changed to Sam The Eagle with a picture of Soldado (that conk!) when he joined but I'm glad I kept Hudd now, and I think I'll remain so for a good time yet.

I've been on here since fairly early on in the site's lifetime I think, and it'd be great to get some of the old faces back posting regularly. I even miss Ghoddle10. It amazes me to think that this site started before I even went to Uni and I still post on here, and recognise so many of the posters from the very start.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017