1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Really what were the positives again COLIN?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Bush Rhino, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Never seen a manager look so smug after being thumped 4-0, A bit of contrition would of helped that go down Neil.

Here we go.

WTF was Mat connoly and Gorkks not doing in the side. This has to be said, These guys will bleed blue and white and you choose to play ****ing OneSize!!!!! with only Orr being used as a sub when dyer got injured (who WILL be a target evey game after yesterday)

1 We lost 4-0 we made no changes at the back execpt for an injury.
    2 Hope a coach can explain offside to DJ, One step back and the goal would of counted. Did anyone else see him turn his back for a free kick ? Does it really matter if you get your face wreaked? with all those tatt's we'll all be able to spot you no probs. from now on untill he finds his balls Mr Campbell will be refered to as 'deirdre barlow' oh yeah and dont forget the gaffer felt "sorry for him" why?
    3 Fitz Hall I saw this guy duck to avoid being hit by a cross in preseason, who thinks Gorkks would do this? has looked good at times and is not bad on the ball, but this was ****ing absmal and went missing for ages. Add in the coward factor. A degree of shame.
    4 Tommy Smith has become sacred ground to some but I saw him stuggle with the pace of the game. I think he has earned a squad place but we have to be real we NEED Mackie back plus a new player of quality and experience at top level to cover it or we will not make many chances from there. I may be wong but I fink not.
    5 Don't care what anyone says Paddy was out of position for the first, watch it again. when the ball is played to Cahill he doesn't reposition. It was still a quality goal but a small keeper must ensure his position is spot on. to far out and right. (my position)
    6 Orr looks good in attack, has a 'Lovely touch' but got skinned alive. as many predicted.
    7 Clint if your going to get sent off do it properly. (looked a bit silly)
    8 We lost 4-0 we made no changes at the back execpt for an injury.
    9 Gabbi had a good first half, even his passing has improved which put me at ease to start with. BUT when he makes mistakes his head goes down. a lot of head work for NW to look at and ****ing quickly. The OG what was he doing? where was he looking? tired? Could be a rough diamond. Could be.
    10 Bolton defended their 18yrd box we just didn't.
    11 We looked worse after Tarbs was subbed, every time he had the ball they commited men and gave us room. Simples
    11 We lost 4-0 we made no changes at the back execpt for an injury.
    12 Keith is going to need a lot more swarf.

If there were positives Neil they were thin on the ground after half time. Buz is so frustrated at the lack of game time he gets that he runs around looking (skillfully) possesed. When you lose 4-0 at home dont talk about the positives the truth is if this bunch WANT to survive they need to step up or be shipped out.

Smith, Orr, Hill, Onesize, need sorting fast. Dont smile after a ****ing 4-0 please.

If we pull another stunt like this Neil your stock will start falling fast. Must do better.:emoticon-0149-no:

2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Some valid points but generally a warnock hater here talking a load if garbage! When would you change the back 4 to scrape 4 goals back??!!

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Chill out. Warnock is a terrific manager and we wouldn't have players like Campbell to slate if it wasn't for him. The scoreline massively flattered them and we were much the better side until the second goal. How many times will you see a centre-half curl one in the top corner from 25 yards? Not much Warnock or anyone else could do about that. The second goal was a bit of a fluke although Gabbidon should have done better. The third took a huge deflection.

It wasn't great that heads went down a bit after the second goal but, for **** sake, cheer up, we have 111 points to play for.

4. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Dont you just loved it when a johnny come lately arrives and in an instant points out all the problems priceless

5. Bush Rhino

Not really a "hate"r but the maner of the defeat was not good esp 2nd half + interview's of late.

Just stating that Neil aint going to get long if things don't improve. If you disagree expand your argument and and add some weight to it.

But welcome all the same Bob.

6. Peruvian Hoopster

Peruvian Hoopster Active Member

Spot on Watford

7. Bush Rhino

@ Watford R

"Chill out", it took me a day before I could write this, Imagine what I felt like saying yesterday!

Point of this thread is Neil does have to take responsibility for the maner of the result, as has been said 1st game and heads went down, not good sign's.

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

This article is quite a knee-jerk reaction imo. We all know and could see what the problems are. It's been one, all be it very disappointing game. It's a bit early to be slating so many players in this way imo!

9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Think you have to look at the bigger picture fella like no money to spend and a wage restriction. 1 game and people are pointing out things obviously beyond his control. bizarre

10. Bush Rhino

Losing 4-0 at home on the first game back in the prem. I felt was worth discussing, if you have nothing to add then **** off.

People dont post because of these types of comments.

11. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Calm down bushy. could have been 5. That's a positive.

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I agree it wasn't great but these are players who have been accustomed to winning and haven't been on the end of a real pasting for a while. We were a little naive which Warnock will address but we won't have many games where so much goes against us this season.

13. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Thought with being a rhino you would have tougher skin!

14. Bush Rhino

15. Bush Rhino

Squad selection and use of subs wasn't beyond his control.

16. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I remember subs coming on!!

17. Peruvian Hoopster

Peruvian Hoopster Active Member

I had to leave when it was 3 0 to watch Melgar v Inti Gas (2 2, 3 sendings off, standard very poor akin to the conference in UK), the mrs txted me the final score as 6 0 and then a few minutes later saying it had only been 3 0 and didn't I feel better for that? got home to see final score was actually 4 0 - until Bolton scored we were the better team, then we were taught a few harsh realities of life back in the PL and what we've been barking on about all summer that we need to strengthen our defence - onwards and upwards, you Rrrrrrrrrrssssssss

18. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Some interesting opinions, but.....

1. After Orr came on for the injured Dyer all we had on the bench was Connolly. The last thing his fragile confidence needs is to be beaten up by Davies. Does obviously beg the "Why no Gorkss?" question, that will probably be resolved by August 31st.

2. DJ looked better than I expected. He and Bothroyd looked to be getting a good understanding. Give them time.

3. Hall has looked a lot worse than that. I think his extra pace got him up the pecking order.

4. I love Tommy Smith, replacing him with Helguson was a bad move. I would have to agree that he may not be good enough, but you can't doubt his effort.

5. Hmm. Didn't spot that, I'll watch it again when I'm feeling strong enoguh.

6. Yes Orr got beaten for pace occasionally, but he didn't panic, he just got back into position. He did make a couple of good tackles as well. The distribution from our back four isn't good though.

7. It was a rubbish head butt. He could have just lost his place for the season. Bertrand on loan please.

9. Gabbidon was again better than expected. I did wonder about his fitness.

10. Bolton also attacked more convincingly than we did. Our attack after the first 10 minutes didn't seriously threaten them very often. It is inevitable that gaps will be left at the back when you start chasing the game, hence their 3rd and 4th goals. Bolton's main aim was not to concede, whereas we set out to win the game.

11. I thought we played better after Buzsaky came on. He linked up well with DJ and Bothroyd. Their one touch passing showed some promise.

You didn't mention Faurlin. He is even more sacred than Tommy Smith, but he look like a lost boy at times. We need him to up his game very quickly.

I think the most telling issue was that I kept counting how many players they had on the field, as we always seemed to be outnumbered. I don't know if that is because of our formation or just that they played as a better unit.

19. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

You left the match at 3-0 Peruvian???
    Blimey, Flav got booed when he left after the 4th..

20. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

guys there will be a few more heavy defeats to come yet this season for all the promoted sides.....chill out man and take it like a man..<ok>