1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Real madrid

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by monty987, Oct 21, 2020.

1. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

0-3 against Shaktar ! was on William hill earlier wish i put a bet on. got Liverpool 2-0 (at 10-1), or 2-1, or 1-0 to win at Ajax, Salah first scorer, 2 shots+ on goal and Mane 2 shots+ on goal.

2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Apple pie....

Ingredients
    For the filling
    For the pastry
    Method
    • STEP 1
      Put a layer of paper towels on a large baking sheet. Quarter, core, peel and slice the apples about 5mm thick and lay evenly on the baking sheet. Put paper towels on top and set aside while you make and chill the pastry.

• STEP 2
      For the pastry, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until just mixed. Break in a whole egg and a yolk (keep the white for glazing later). Beat together for just under 1 min – it will look a bit like scrambled egg. Now work in the flour with a wooden spoon, a third at a time, until it’s beginning to clump up, then finish gathering it together with your hands. Gently work the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film, and chill for 45 mins. Now mix the 140g/5oz sugar, the cinnamon and flour for the filling in a bowl that is large enough to take the apples later.

• STEP 3
      After the pastry has chilled, heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Lightly beat the egg white with a fork. Cut off a third of the pastry and keep it wrapped while you roll out the rest, and use this to line a pie tin – 20-22cm round and 4cm deep – leaving a slight overhang. Roll the remaining third to a circle about 28cm in diameter. Pat the apples dry with kitchen paper, and tip them into the bowl with the cinnamon-sugar mix. Give a quick mix with your hands and immediately pile high into the pastry-lined tin.

• STEP 4
      Brush a little water around the pastry rim and lay the pastry lid over the apples pressing the edges together to seal. Trim the edge with a sharp knife and make 5 little slashes on top of the lid for the steam to escape. (Can be frozen at this stage.) Brush it all with the egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 40-45 mins, until golden, then remove and let it sit for 5-10 mins. Sprinkle with more sugar and serve while still warm from the oven with softly whipped cream.

• Cream, icecream or custard optional.

3. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

2-3 now. 28 mins left.

4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I made a good few apple and blackberry pies this year from what I grew in the garden.

I couldn't ask if you have a recipe for a lemon meringue pie, could I?

5. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Think Liverpool will struggle tonight. Should be a good game though, looking forward to it.

6. Sandy Camel

Sandy Camel Well-Known Member

Go on Shakhtar, loving the last minute equaliser getting the old VAR there.

7. Teessidemackem

Yes of course mate. Try and us Italian Lemons if you can. Nobody can grow a Lemon like the Italians do...

Ingredients
    For the pastry
    For the filling
    For the meringue
    Method
    • STEP 1
      For the pastry, put the plain flour, butter, icing sugar, egg yolk (save the white for the meringue) and 1 tbsp cold water into a food processor. Pulse until the mix starts to bind – make sure the mix is not overworked.

• STEP 2
      Tip the pastry onto a lightly floured surface, gather together until smooth, then roll out and line a 23 x 2.5cm loose-bottom fluted flan tin. Trim and neaten the edges. Press pastry into the flutes. The pastry is quite rich, so don’t worry if it cracks, just press it back together. Prick the base with a fork, line with foil, shiny side down, and chill for 30 mins-1 hr (or overnight).

• STEP 3
      Put a baking sheet in the oven and heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bake the pastry case ‘blind’ (filled with dry beans) for 15 mins, then remove the foil and bake a further 5-8 mins until the pastry is pale golden and cooked. Set aside. Can be done a day ahead. Lower the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.

• STEP 4
      While the pastry bakes, prepare the filling. Mix the cornflour, golden caster sugar and lemon zest in a medium saucepan. Strain and stir in the lemon juice gradually. Make the orange juice up to 200ml with water and strain into the pan. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.

• STEP 5
      Once the mixture bubbles, remove from the heat and beat in the butter until melted. Beat the egg yolks (save white for meringue) and the whole egg together, stir into the pan and return to a medium heat. Keep stirring vigorously for a few minutes, until the mixture thickens and plops from the spoon. (It will bubble, but doesn’t curdle.) Take off the heat and set aside while you make the meringue.

• STEP 6
      Put the egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk to soft peaks, then add 100g of the golden caster sugar a spoonful at a time, whisking between each addition without overbeating. Whisk in the cornflour, then add the remaining 100g of sugar as before until smooth and thick.

• STEP 7
      Quickly reheat the filling and pour it into the pastry case. Immediately put spoonfuls of meringue around the edge of the filling (if you start in the middle, the meringue may sink), then spread so it just touches the pastry (this will anchor it and help stop it sliding). Pile the rest into the centre, spreading so it touches the surface of the hot filling (and starts to cook), then give it all a swirl.

• STEP 8
      Return to the oven for 18-20 mins until the meringue is crisp and slightly coloured. Let the pie sit in the tin for 30 mins, then remove and leave for at least another 30 mins-1 hr before slicing. Eat the same day.
    Enjoy mate, and always remember im here for any of your cooking needs.

8. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Can you use ordinary sugar instead of caster sugar ?

9. The Berk

The Berk Well-Known Member

Don’t be so ****in stupid man, do you know anything at all about baking apple pie.
    ****in amateurs ruining good threads.

marcusblackcat and rooch 3 like this.
  10. Teessidemackem

That is a very good question and thankyou for asking my old mucker.
    Caster sugar is much finer in texture compared to normal sugar, which makes it a perfect ingredient to make desserts like this and Trifles.

rooch 3 and The Berk like this.

11. The Berk

Exactly marra, I’ve reported the charlatan.

marcusblackcat and rooch 3 like this.
  12. Teessidemackem

Thankyou my friend.

People on here don't respect my cooking skills enough.
    It takes alot of hard work and effort to get a Michelin Rusty star, but i made it.

13. The Berk

Don’t advertise the rusty star, some blokes might take it the wrong way. :emoticon-0104-surpr

rooch 3 likes this.
  14. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I’ll see to it he’s banned for life....

15. The Berk

Good man, keep the rest of us safe from the lizard people.:emoticon-0105-wink:

rooch 3 and marcusblackcat like this.