1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Real Madrid want Robin Van Persie?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Patsbighands, Feb 9, 2012.

1. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

PISKIE - why do you have to be wrong and strong ?

If Wenger wants to get the contract sorted but RVP wants to wait until the summer 2 things are clear: RVP does not want to discuss his contract which means RVP does not want to sign a contract ...... until the summer. That is clear. What is your argument ?

I made a comment about this before, what is there for RVP to discuss ? His agent will do the negotiations on his behalf - this nonsense about distractions and concentrating on football is bollox. Playing football is neither draining mentally or difficult so its smoke and mirrors from RVP. RVP will, no doubt, want assurances of squad investment but, his agent can handle that. What is so taxing and draining about negotiating a new contract, at a club the player allegedly wants to stay at and with a player the club desperately wants to keep that it can't be done during the season ? The answer is simple, he wants to see where we finish to help make his decision. Many players sign contracts mid season etc.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The way the question is being posited is that he's refusing to sign or discuss full stop. If it were framed in the correct manner i.e He's refusing to discuss or sign until the summer ​ then we would be on the same page.

3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

You truely are a moron.

Without evidence you cant claim it to be 'fact'.

fact. noun
    Definition:
    something which is known to have happened or to exist, something for which proof exists, or about which there is information.

No decision will be made till we know all the facts.
    I don't know all the facts about the case.
    I'm not angry that you took my car - it's just the fact that you didn't ask me first.

You know no more of the situation than we do. To decide something is certain based on nothing more than an assumption (and some awful internet journalsm) is beyond stupid.

4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I think RVP genuinely loves the club and in an ideal world, he would stay with the club for the rest of his career. However, it's VERY obvious that he is waiting to see what happens with the club. I hear a lot of people say that if we get champions league qualification, then he will sign. Yes and no, i think it will help him decide on a new contract with us but i think he's watching the way we are progressing as a team, is it good enough to win a major trophy? In the past he has said that Arsenal should invest in the squad, in the way of new transfers. I am confident that if Wenger brings in a few quality signings then he will definately sign.

Otherwise, a few big teams will come knocking and Arsenal will cash in on him....Sadly....

5. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

PNE - thats the bottom line. He is refusing to discuss his contract, so it is a fact he is refusing to discuss his contract, which is directly linked to signing a contract.

But for the sake of the pedants on the board, we can only say with 100% accuracy that RVP refuses to discuss his contract, we can't claim 100% that he refuses to sign a contract - although the 2 are linked, you can't sign a contract if you won't discuss the contract.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Let's try and keep this civil chaps.

None of us know what RVP will do at the moment - he's said he'll sort it out in the summer, so we can only speculate at the moment.

7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Are you 'John' from the old 606 because you sure post just like him.

RVP has'nt signed a contract yet but there's no proof to suggest that either: a) he's actually 'refusing' to do so or b) he wont do so in the Summer.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Well, we're just going to have to wait until the summer then. <ok>

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Rearrange these words into a sentence.

Chance fooking no......

10. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Agreed we should wait until summer. At the moment, it's all speculation. Unless one of us are RVP's bum chums, then there is no knowing....