1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Real Madrid want Robin Van Persie?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Patsbighands, Feb 9, 2012.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd say that most people have already seen RVP say the story in Marca is bollocks.

2. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

I'd say everyone is interested in RVP - we all know that, you don't need to be a quantum physicist to work that out.

But if he says he never spoke to Marca, then thats that. Of course that doesn't stop Real Madrid coming in for him in the summer - but he has not said he is going anywhere.

3. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Are you deliberately misunderstanding the point?

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

please log in to view this image

5. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's all I was trying to get across. If it's a prominent article in Marca, you can take it as read that Real's interest is genuine.
    Of course I understand that he's very good player, and many clubs would love to have him. However Real are not most clubs, and they do have a habit of getting what they want. We'll soon see just how determined they are.

6. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

We will soon see come the end of the season. If he said nothing to the Marca then can he not sue? This is a very important point guys.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think it's pretty well established that Marca also talk complete bollocks, they are renowned for it as was confirmed by RVP's tweet.

The real point is though that this article was hilarious for the fact that Spurs fans took the time to dig out an dodgy spanish tabloid story in a desperate attempt to try and distract attention away from Redkanpp's incumbent FA job, funny in itself, but made even more funny by the fact that a mere half an hour earlier RVP had already dismissed the story as utter bollocks.

Even when it was pointed out that RVP had rubbished it, you still carried on flogging that dead horse. <laugh>

8. lazarus20000

I agree he didn't say anything to Marca. However, is he not in his rights to sue Marca for them making up comments? They clearly have quoted him in the news article so he has a clear case.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm not sure it's really in his interests to go pursuing a dodgy rag like Marca, they are probably the worst paper in Europe for peddling complete bullshit. Worse than the Star, Mirror, People etc. If footballers spent their time in court suing newspapers for making up transfer gossip, they'd have no time left to play the game.

Far funnier to watch the spuddies take this story as Gospel, despite RVP dismissing it as bollocks. It's so obvious it's driven by their need to scrabble at any story that isn't about Redknapp's flirting with the FA. <laugh>

10. lazarus20000

Here here <ok>

11. Bergkamp a Dutch master

seems like the dead horse has a second coming !!!

12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Wrong! Piskie, I'm afraid. It is well recognised here, and across Europe that Marca are more or less the official mouthpiece of Real Madrid. It doesn't mean that RVP is deifinitely going there, or that he has said he wants to go there. It does, however, mean that Real are seriously interested in him, and trying to, not too subtly, tap him up.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

And they also quoted RVP as saying "I am happy to hear of the interest of a club as important as Real Madrid," "Of course I would be excited to play there." Which RVP then dismissed as bullishit. So it's clear that MARCA talk bollocks frankly.

Seriously mate, give it up - that horse died and went to heaven a long time ago <laugh>

14. Spurs61

Spurs61 Well-Known Member

There's no smoke without fire. RVP is highly unlikely to admit to speaking to Real Madrid so his comments are what he has to say. Would you not expect Real Madrid though to be sounding out and approaching players they are interested in - and do you think RVP is not good enough for them to be interested i him? He can truthfully deny sepaking to RM if his agent had the conversation for him.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Real Madrid would have to speak to Arsenal in the first instance and Wenger along with RVP have already both said that MARCA are talking bollocks. Madrid have not contacted Arsenal, there is no truth to it whatsoever.

The story is completely made up. RVP has exposed it as complete bullshit. The fact that you spuddies keep on trying to wheel it out time and again is hilarious.

Aren't there some stories about Redknapp in the papers somewhere today that you can pour over ? I can assure you, they are far more reliable than the MARCA one

16. Bergkamp a Dutch master

'Wenger along with RVP have already both said that MARCA are talking bollocks '

I like to hear Wenger saying that !!! -- any link? <laugh>

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

To paraphrase of course <laugh> I think Wenger's words were that they were being 'creative'.

Can you give me a hand to drag this dead horse out of here BADM ? I think it's been well and truly flogged, despite it being dead for sometime now <laugh>

18. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Madrid would have to talk to Arsenal first? Don't be naive, Piskie.
    Did Barcelona talk to Arsenal before contacting either Fabregas or Henry? I sincerely doubt it.

It's not really an issue til the summer anyway, but I don't think that it would be a massive shock if he were to look for a transfer then.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think the salient point is that the Marca story is bollocks, so anything else is just wild speculation really.

I could go on about Barca wanting Bale, Chelsea wanting Modric and England wanting Redknapp and (but for the last two) you'd tell me it was utter hogwash.

Can you give me and BADM a hand removing this dead horse as it seems that some of your lot want to keep on flogging it ? <laugh>

20. Bergkamp a Dutch master

I've reported them to the RSPCA - I believe you are expected to shoot any more offenders.