1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Real Madrid Vs Manchester United ( Champions league last 16 1st leg )

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by 606 not, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I would love for United to overtake the Dippers on EC's too.
    Would like it even more if Chelsea did it, but that may take a while, lol
    Same as I would love it if Spurs beat Arsenal to 4th and then Arsenal won the CL, knocking Spurs into the Europa League again for a second year running, I would laugh my ass off.

2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I hope we don't rue these RVP chances and misses. A 1-2 in our favour would have been a good result for us.

I do not like these 1-1 results away. Real know exactly what they have to do to go through i.e they have to score at least one goal and probably more. Any draw other than 0-0 will favour Real. Whereas United can only go through on a 0-0 score or a win. Anything else is no good.

I think Real would have been happy with a draw last night.

3. Bloo

Bloo Member

Incisive! Brain cell on full power was it?

4. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Well, we also know what we need to do, win! I don't think we'll setup for a 0-0. Madrid play Barca like 3 days before the tie, it might be a cup game I'm not sure. Our best bet is to come at then hard and fast, and make them tire out quickly.

5. astro

astro Well-Known Member

I think Man Utd will have to treat the second leg effectively like a one off game and play to win it. Away goals will probably only matter for 0-0 and 2-2 scorelines; I don't think it will be a 0-0 game and 2-2 favours Real Madrid. 1-1 might be a bit of a lottery although if Real Madrid tire like you point out then Man Utd could have the edge.

6. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

Rep

7. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Madrids two biggest threats were Ronaldo and Ozil in the first leg, everyone else was pretty much a non-factor offensively, except maybe Contraeo (sp?) but that was down to how narrow we played. If we play Valencia in the 2nd leg, which I imagine we will, Contraeo will have a much harder time running down that side of the field.

8. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

agree but will add Di maria too .. he is too mobile and caused us lots of problems
    hope playing barca twice within same week they will be playing us will exhaust them well psychically and mentally .. i will support Barca for the first time in those 2 matches