1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ready to slide down the table?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Nov 17, 2015.

1. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Clear example of someone trying to have a dig whilst trying to say they're not. He writes as fact so can he see the future! It's his opinion and nothing else

3. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

It the p**** a sheep s***ger or a tree ? As long as we stay in the prem, which we will, I´m not to concerned. Dec is a tough, tough month but that´s why we want to play in the prem.
    I doubt any LCFC fan thinks we will finish in the top 4, do they ?

4. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

None of us know what is going to happen in the next few weeks. One thing we know is that we're in form, and confidence is always a big thing in football. Even that heavy defeat against Arsenal didn't dent us. Our record against the traditional top six last season wasn't great, but then again barring the final few weeks, it wasn't great against any team. We generally went into games against those big teams with a defeat the previous week, low on confidence. People have been saying that the top teams who defend well will be able to manage Jamie Vardy's game. On the contrary, as he scored braces against the teams with the best defences we've come up against (Arsenal and Southampton). Personally I'd still fancy him getting against the likes of Cahill and Terry, Smalling and Jones, and whichever useless lumps Liverpool have at centre-half these days. Bring it on, I say!

FosseFilberto likes this.
  5. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I think the article may well of been written by a bloke called Sherlock <laugh>

I also suspect that Sherlock was amongst those confidently predicting our relegation struggle prior to a ball being kicked ...

There are several embarassed numpties out there who have had to wipe not just egg but souflees and omelettes from their faces for a number of months now ... nothing would please their dented egos more than to see us crumble ... hopefully we'll continue to confound and disappoint them for the rest of the season ... meringues and pancakes incoming! <laugh>

7. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Another knowledge box talking a load of s***e! People still think that we are a two man team, let them keep thinking that,
    we have got some quality players that would get into most teams! and that 5-2 home belting by Arsenal was because we went for them
    and another day with a bit of luck we could have been 3-0 up at half time. None of the media like us and I don't give a f**k!

8. JohnTheFox

Woh far too many words Fosse, all you needed to say was Mark Lawrenson

9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Now you leave Lawro alone ... I'm depending on him predicting a Toon win for our next 3 points <laugh>

10. JohnTheFox

I am keen to hear his thoughts for the weekend. The Lawro thread can be updated ha

11. kpnuts

kpnuts Active Member

Shhhhh We Are Two man team ?? Walsh finds the players Top signs the checks. At least Top doesn't show that the he's form with the biro is in any danger of coming to an abrupt end.

12. Big Yellow Taxi

Big Yellow Taxi New Member

No ones record against the traditional top six is great otherwise they wouldn't be top six.
    But we top six now and that where we gonna stay..

13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

If your going to slide down the table, may as well start from the top <whistle>

AKCJ, Lcfcfox1 and FosseFilberto like this.
  14. Fettis the striker

Fettis the striker Well-Known Member

Actually thought it was a well written article

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... it's a predictable almost lazy article ... it loses credibility where he states we were 'absolutely belted' by Arsenal because most pundits that actually watched that game have commented how competitive we were in it and that with a tad more luck and better refereeing we could have gone in half-time in that game 3-1 ahead rather than 2-1 down (Vardy hit the woodwork twice and the ref missed a blatant trip on Okazaki as we were attacking - for Arsenal to then go straight back up the other end to score their second) ... this convinces me that the author didn't see that game and I doubt he has actually watched anything other than highlights in terms of the others ...

His comments about not playing the 'big boys' yet are an example of the laziness ... the big boys are not actually very consistent this season are they? ... they are certainly beatable ... some may even not be considered to be quite so big any more ...We have beaten West Ham away, and got creditable draws away at a Southampton (on the back of them thumping big boy Chelsea the week before) and home to Spurs ... both games that we were unlucky not to have won ... beating in-form teams is more relevant than beating names for me ... no mention of that from the author ...

Comparison's to Southampton last season are partly not wholly in point ... our bench this season is far more solid than Southampton's was last ... Ulloa, Kramaric, Inler, Okazaki, King, Waslewski are all full internationals ... Any team losing key players is likely to suffer ... not rocket science ... it is often the quality of the replacements that decide the finishing position ... I see no reason why we wont do some further strengthening in the window ... we certainly won't be selling anybody ...

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  16. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well of course you did! <doh>

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  17. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Hi Fettis!

Ready to admit that we're a good side yet?

Or are we still "just doing well at the moment"? :bandit:

18. Fettis the striker

What makes you think you won't be selling anyone ? Surely the better your players perform the more chance the bigger boys come sniffing ? And no disrespect to Leicester if they do come calling they will want the move .

19. Fettis the striker

do you really want to go over this again

20. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Nah, it's okay.

Your stubbornness to not admit that a side who are top of the Premier League are actually a good side has been convered enough...