1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Reading v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Anyway, it was a half decent game, 2 middling sides with a bit more to give, beer was cheap in the ground, sunny day and nobody got injured. Could be a lot worse.

2. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Date night wtf?

If we did that I'd take one look and **** off sharpish before she saw me.

3. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Hahaha

4. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

It is a good post; from a personal point of view, as a home fixture non-goer myself I understand it and respect it - it's a shame the guy who posted it on CI usually gets the piss taken when he posts on here under a different name though.

5. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Who posted that ?
    Not Bob the knob was it ?

6. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Allam had already lived in Hull for forty years when he bought the club so he hardly had any excuse for not knowing its name.

HebridesTiger likes this.
  7. Tickton Tiger.

No but he mortgaged the stadium when it wasn't his to mortgage ? Would you have been so forgiving if it was revealed that the present owners had done the same thing and got away with it ?
    And by the way we nearly beat Man U away last season in the league.

8. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

It's a pity City never made it to the First Division instead of having to wait till the circus came to town.

9. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Short of a miracle, I won't be in the North stand until February.

10. Tickton Tiger.

We nearly had it all........except some proper investment. We were a goal keeper and a centre half short when Waggy and Chilton were in their prime. For another £100k we could have had Alex Stepney and a centre half, I think from Sunderland, Dave Watson ?
    John Kaye asked for £100k to buy Terry McDermott, Frank Stapleton and Laurie Cunningham. He was turned down.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Very arguably. Unless the FA Cup really has lost its luster to supporters.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Think your memory is failing you there. John Kaye managed us 74-77. No way would we buying Terry Mac in 74 from Newcastle with Liverpool buying him.

13. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Looks pretty similar to your style of posting doesn't it ?

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

That reminder me of something very funny. Burgess ice cream in Beverley opened a café. We went in one weekend, myself, the wife and 2 kids. We sat around the table and the waitress came for the order. I said we would all like toasted tea cakes please, so she said how many? I said I wanted 2. I pointed and my wife who also wanted 2, and said 4 as I was counting up as I went along, then pointed at my son who wanted one, and I said 5, looked at the daughter who wanted one and said 6.

She said ok, I'm sure you know what happen next 17 toasted tea cakes came, I bull **** you not.

15. Tickton Tiger.

Kaye did give a list of three players he wanted to the Directors.. I'm sure McDermott was on it, I don't know the reason why Kaye thought he could get him but he was certainly mentioned. Stapleton was in Arsenals reserves. Thinking about it now it could also have been Alan Ball who was coming to the end of his career. Someone will put me right.
    Kaye was given some money but blew it on Alf Wood who was bought to play alongside Wagstaff. From memory and down to injuries I don't think the pair of them played together more than once. He should have bought Gordon Hill from Millwall and not Wood. Hill was the winger who laid the ball on a plate for Wood to score. He was signed by Man Utd and went onto to play for England, I think Wood left us for Walsall or somebody.
    The story goes that City signed Wood because he had the best stats for goals scored etc in that years Rothmans Year Book of Football.
    IMO I think Kaye was wrongly sacked. We were an established mid table Second Division club at the time having been in the old Div 2 since promotion in 65/66 but crowds were appalling low.
    We had a solid defence but no forwards at the time. I think it was a home defeat to Mansfield ( could be wrong) when Kaye was finally sacked and I do remember the crowd being below 5,000 which for the old second division was shocking. We had 'lost' nearly 20,000 fans in a decade.

16. Tickton Tiger.

Are you accusing me of having style ?

17. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

If you think I'd forgive Bartlett just because he got us promoted and gave us some good memories you've misunderstood my post.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  18. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Apology accepted

On the first point I was simply responding to your first question in your original post on this debate, where you asked what league position we would be in if there had been harmony between the owners and the fans. I've no idea what you think the answer to that question is but I think the league position and owner/fan harmony are, for me, two separate issues. We could have won the Champions League every season and I would still feel distinctly unhappy about the things the owners have done regarding the name, concessions, the Airco fiasco etc etc. Similarly I don't think the Allams make any decisions based on whether it improves fan harmony or not (sometimes I think it's the exact opposite)

On the trial period for a name change idea there is no point us debating it. I respect the fact you think it would have been a good idea, but there is literally no way that I would ever agree with you

Craigo and Kempton like this.
  19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

It's crazy innit. No to Hull Tigers. We don't want to be called Hull City Tigers.

We want concessions for young and old. But the bottom line is...

We won't go back until the Allams have gone.

No talks, no compromises

highpeak tiger likes this.
  20. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

In the Waggy and Chilton era the investment was offered but the manager was happy with the players he had at rhe time.