1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reading A

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

The best price you can get on us being relegated is 1/2. Ladbrokes is 4/11 (courtesy of oddschecker)

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

What sort of sad numpty is going to put money on their own side getting relegated?<whistle>

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Agreed Field Hurst has created an absolute mess.

God knows how we have a chance of getting out of it, however we do!!

If the gap goes to 8/9/10 I will panic no ends, but 5 with a shopping window is certainly doable now we have our first manager since last season.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

That's good to know Royston, I went into Ladbrokes this morning and they told me there wasn't any odds yet, you do realise you may get pelters for mentioning odds?

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I think talk of improvements are overblown. Moving the ball quicker but against weak opposition, same personnel more or less, same formation, same results.

I think fieldmarshall is absolutely right that we need to make the opposition really work for their goals and that would give us a base on which to build.

I’d have Woolfenden and Morris back in the mix in January and perhaps sign another centre back, strong right back and whatever attacking options we can afford.

I think Knudsen needs better drilling and would benefit from a sharper centre back alongside him, but I do think he’s more than up to the task. He needs to be a bit nippier, right now he has the turning circle of a tank.

Don’t know what we do with all these loanees, Pennington is the only one worth keeping for the second half of the season.

6. Westlake33

I cannot judge v PNE - I didn't see a minute - but we were absolutely SUPERB first half v Reading. Not talking 4/10 footy, 6/10, I'm talking Joe Royle 04/05 liquid quality stuff. An absolute dream to watch. Sure, lacking a bit of quality, but should have gone 3-1 up and were playing excellent stuff. Night and day different to Hurst.

Agreed with all, we're shipping painful goals and that must stop. Ridiculous.

Morris has done absolutely nothing with his loan spell so not worried re him this season. Woolfended I was surprised to see go out though - like him.

Well the loanee situation sums Hurst up in a nutshell - out of his depth.

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

With the best will in the world you are getting a bit carried away Westlake, we're absolutely nowhere near that side at the moment. Even McCarthy's sides showed some quality football in patches.

If you're NOT getting carried away then Paul Lambert hasn't signed a single player yet so Paul Hurst obviously wasn't out of his depth and wasn't a million miles away from putting together a team of world beaters.

Morris has barely played, so can't be judged in just the same way Edun is a promising player but we've wasted his loan spell. Morris is a promising player - better than any other forwards in the squad at the moment ( although that doesn't say much ). If he went out to get experience it's all the more a questionable decision to let him go out.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  8. Westlake33

Sorry did you go Sat?? I know what I saw thank you

fieldmarshall likes this.
  9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Fair enough, then Hurst deserves some credit for assembling such an outstanding team.

10. Westlake33

Roberts played well Sat.

Far too good for Hurst, how dare you play well in training and contribute - you won't play for me son.

11. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Most fans who follow the U23's have said that he's looked one of the weaker players on the pitch when he's played up front for them.. He certainly wasn't a stand out player in that side, but I suppose it just goes to show, right place, right time, right manager, right system and he looks a real handful. Just needs to add a goal or three to his game and we could well have a very good player on our hands.

12. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

" Hurst deserves credit " ?? We were a quarter of the way through the season playing dire football, one win, and bottom of the table, !! Is this a bloody joke? Lambert been in charge for 2 games and the standard of play has risen by a country mile, ok we still in the crap but at least there's now cause to be hopeful.
    I can't believe how anyone who's not on something could possibly come to the conclusion that Hurst deserves anything but condemnation, its his mess Lambert is trying to clear up for Christ's sake. The gloom and apathy that had enveloped our Club in such a short time has started to lift although our precarious position means that it wouldn't take much to push us back there, Hurst ? Credit ? I think I've now heard every absurdity that's ever existed. Perhaps we should have got Jewell back instead of Lambert?

Westlake33 likes this.
  13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

fieldmarshall I don’t agree that we are playing football even for 45 minutes comparable to Joe Royle’s side that got an 85 points haul or whatever it was.

But you can’t have it both ways. If we have a side capable of playing great football it’s not because Lambert has come in and got us moving the ball faster. If that is all we needed to do then as I said Hurst was very close.

14. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I only posted the odds for information purposes. I do like a little footie bet but have never backed against itfc