1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangers get let off again

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by eric cartman, Jul 20, 2012.

1. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

The imposition of conditions relating to transfer of membership was made on the basis that the Scottish FA, as the governing body, has an obligation to protect the integrity of the national game and to ensure that all member clubs operate within the articles of association.

How is this protecting the integrity of the game? From now on we should only accept player suspensions after they leave the club.

2. ManDingo 20"/20"

ManDingo 20"/20" MDMA Guru

Get these ****ing tarriers telt UN <applause>

3. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

Christ, enough already! I've enjoyed watching old Rangers/new Rangers getting battered from pillar to post as much as the next Celtic fan but it's time to draw a line in the sand.

Despite the bravado, it's an utter humiliation for Rangers fans to find their club playing in the 3rd division. They may not like to admit it but wait until they've played a few games against the likes of East Stirling, Peterhead et al. and the novelty will soon wear off.

There's no good can come from continuing to punish them further.

The sooner the football proper kicks off, the better.

4. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

Have a look on Sevco's board :laugh:

Also, punished enough? they had a 10 point deduction for administration as per the rules. No other punishment has been administered.

They've been liquidated. Sevco's a brand new team and shouldn't even be near the SFL.

You're doing hun talk there, ST. Give yourself a shake.

5. eric cartman

So its okay for the SFA to bend their rules because its rangers? Nothing changes rangers will have players on the pitch that they shouldn't have and the SFA let them.

6. The Raging Oxter

Scottish football cannot afford to chase away 50,000+ supporters Tina. Do you honestly think the likes of Gala Fairydean or Spartans are going to bring to Scottish football what Rangers can?

Also, I've looked at the new Hun board and it looks like the drink-addled BH is off on one as per. No surprise there considering he believes he beat the IRA single-handedly back in the 1970s when he was still in short breeks.

7. The Raging Oxter

Yes. And don't kid yourself on that they wouldn't do the same if it was us in that position.

8. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Stop talking sense ya ****

If you're gonny start that talking sense ****e then you're no welcome here

9. ManDingo 20"/20"

Naw read the older posts fae earlier today some of them are funny as **** <laugh>

10. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

How can a liquidated club bring anything <confused>

Any bastard child of theirs should be brought in with sanctions worse than a transfer ban that isn't really effective, given the dates quoted.

As long as they agree to abide by the rules and sanctions re the dual contracts.

Also, the small matter of HMRC'S bill.

Can't have the good without the bad <ok>

11. Fabulous Fabio

And you, aye you. You've already been told about the rules and who breaking them. I educated you only a matter of minutes ago, don't be spouting the same ****e to other people

12. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Amongst those imposing that sanction were people fit to judge its legality. In addition to this, Lord Carloway was certainly in a position to uphold the legality of that decision.

I was surprised that the CoS disagreed with that decision. I am equally surprised that Rangers were never punished for acting in contravention of FIFA for taking this action in the first place.

I did think that the rules were quite explicit in allowing for penalties that were not explicitly stated. Although I can see the counter argument. Of course if you really wanted the SFA to affect punishments they have specified then there would be no licence to get transferred to the new club at all.....

But why not stay mad at Regan et al for bending over backwards to try and save Rangers and then doing everything in their power to let the new club start in as healthy a position as possible.... Those anti Rainjurs basturts.

13. eric cartman

Really so why after the shame game was Lennon the only one to receive punishment? Or dougie dougie gate? Jim Farry? This is allowed to happen because of the rangers minded people at the SFA (Campbell Ogilvie).

14. The Raging Oxter

Rangers may have been liquidated but the new club is still Rangers, regardless of what anyone says. They bring more fans than probably all the clubs in the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions put together.

What more do you want to happen to them? They're in the 3rd division, they've lost almost all of their best players and they're about to get a one year transfer embargo.

By continuing to hammer them there's a real danger of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

15. ManDingo 20"/20"

Timmy is raging UN, they will force ST to the light side if they keep this up.

16. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

And you reckon if Celtic had been in a similar predicament, they'd get the same 'haun up'? Not a chance.

It appears it pays to bend rules/shaft the tax man

. I hope every other team in Scotland realises this.

Sevco fans wear their shame like a badge of honour.

17. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

They won't be bothered, transferring the share from Rangers to Sevco is no biggie imo.

I think it is unfair on clubs like Spartans to allow this transfer to a club who have never kicked a ball, but that is another thing.

18. Fabulous Fabio

As I've said, anything more the SFA do is meaningless. Is Rangers starting over again in the 3rd division not enough punishment? ST is the only one on here talking any real sense and understanding the implications for Scottish football if what Celtic fans want was to actually happen

19. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Rangers are in the process of being liquidated.

Sevco are not Rangers.

This is not wishful thinking.

Rangers fans will pretend that Sevco are Rangers and that was obvious.

20. eric cartman

I can see the argument for waiving the 3 years audited accounts rule. As it would be stupid to deny them entry on that basis as they would bring in a lot of revenue.

I don't see why they should get of with punishments though if they claim to be the old rangers. Its not the SFA fault that rangers have a weaken squad.