1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rangel

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Steelmonkey, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Rangel may only turn out.to be with us for a couple more months, although hopefully the heirarchy at the club are doing what they can to extend his contract. In the short time that he's been with us, he's been a revelation. His signing was probably more by fluke than design, due to Furlongs extended injury but he has shown what a true professional he is by giving his all game after game this season, quickly becoming a fans favourite - I've been impressed by what I've seen. As mentioned elsewhere, he's one of the first at training, last to leave and spending time with the younger squads to aid in their development too.

Interesting debate on the podcast this week though. Now that Furlong is closing in on a return back to the first team squad, what will become of Rangel? I'm sure most of us want to see Furlong back plying his trade in the RB position. The panels solution was to drop Bidwell and deploy Rangel on the left instead. Now, I don't get to see many live games, apart from what's shown on Sky, so don't get to see the full picture, they mentioned that Rangel filled in there a few weeks back when Bidwell was injured and looked good (can't remember which game). Would be interested in any regulars at Loftus Road thoughts?

2. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Rangel been good acquisition & personally would keep him at right back, enjoys playing & speaks well on & off the field, as we have settled defence why disturb it.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I'm only regular watcher of games from a long way off, but Rangel looked uncomfortable and right footed to me at LB when Bidwell went off. Bidwell is doing all right at LB as well, as are all the back 4, undroppable at present.

But Furlong will surely get his chance once he's ready, due to suspension or injury at RB or CB. I can see Rangel playing the right sided CB role.

4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke don't fix it, 3 successive clean sheets in 6 days, it's a no-brainer...

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I wouldn't change the back four till injury or suspension forces it upon us.
    Angel is better than Furlong.

QPR Oslo and Steelmonkey like this.
  6. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I did think he was a loanee, brought in to cover Furlong but was impressed with how intelligently he spoke and his desire to contribute more than just a Saturday performance.

I don't know what the finances are behind any of this but I would extend his contract until the end of next season and see if he is happy to take a gradual backseat to allow Furlong through (which should be a fifty-fifty call if both are fit). I would see if he wants to head into coaching and move him that way while giving him the chance to do his badges while with us.

7. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

McClaren has described him as our best signing. It would be lunacy not to extend his deal.

rangercol and Ninj like this.
  8. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Rangel is a great pro and an excellent example to younger players. He's really good to have around the club, and I'm sure his contract will be extended if it hasn't already been.

9. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Hope so, genuinely seems like a good egg as well. 3 games in 6 days as well really shows age is becoming just a number in professional sport as well.

10. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

I didn't support us signing him. I was wrong. He's been a revelation: he's fit, he works, he cares and he has the technical ability. And he adds value outside the 90 minutes of a match day. How wrong can you get? GREAT signing.

Sign him for the rest of the season and don't change a rock solid defence until injury or suspension forces you to do so.

11. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Well Rodney, I sniffed at Clint and Sean

12. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. Very, very wrong there as well: two of the best signings of recent years. Thank goodness, I'm not a manager!

Wherever and Staines R's like this.
  13. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Totally and utterly agree......Rangel seems to be history repeating itself in the same way as Clint and Sean....uninspired signings in the eyes of many (myself included) that turn out to be fantastic team players.

Steelmonkey and Wherever like this.
  14. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

Hopefully we can get his date of birth right on a new contract

Attached Files:

15. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Didn't we all, Ryan Nelson was another underwhelming signing that proved we know f*ck all about leaders on the pitch...

kiwiqpr, Wherever and Staines R's like this.
  16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Well, after all this praise I’m confident that Rangel will have a fight with Furlong in training and break his jaw and then score two own goals and get sent off against Blackburn.

17. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I’m a big Furlong fan but there will be injuries and suspensions. Lynch’s annual sabbatical is coming up.