1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Random QPR Stuff

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Sep 5, 2019.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I remember Hammersmith junior
    I think his dad was on here

Welcome back
    Cheers brb

Trammers and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

He was lucky I checked, I only went into the control panel because some spammers had signed up and I needed to ensure I'd binned them all off.

Trammers, kiwiqpr and sb_73 like this.
  3. Trammers

Trammers Well-Known Member

Yeah I seem to recall he was a bookie or something...........

Anyway welcome back lad, things are looking up for the R's.........

brb likes this.
  4. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Let's talk about Johansen.

He was excellent last season and became very popular amongst fans.

However, he hasn't been in form this season, in my opinion. There have been times when he's had a decent game but times when he's been a bit poor.

There could be several reasons.
    1. Not as bothered now that he's got the contract? (I don't believe this)
    2. Struggling with the responsibility of running midfield now that Field isn't with him?
    3. Being made captain has put a burden on his shoulders?
    4. Is being used incorrectly by Warburton?
    5. Is carrying an injury?
    I personally don't believe #1. He seems like a decent character.

#2 could be a possibility but Dom Ball has been in decent form, so is that really an excuse? He also has Amos back now. Field won't return for a while still.

#3 I actually think he's a crap captain. He is really quiet and usually whinges rather than makes a strong case to the referee. We picked our captain with our hearts rather than heads. It's possible that it could have added pressure for him.

#4 could well be the issue. From what I've seen, Dom Ball and Johansen both press forwards when on the ball. And when we lose the ball, I've often seen Dom Ball in quite an advanced position, having to track back and leaving Johansen to try and defend. Surely it would be better for Dom Ball to try and stick around the area in front of the back line and then allow Johansen to do what he does best, without so much defensive responsibility? Seems obvious to me, but I'm guessing Warburton is more in the know than myself! I'd also like to see Chair and Willock take turns in dropping back to provide an addition pair of feet to pass to when the midfield is overloaded (and, by the way, a lot of teams have worked us out this season: overload the midfield and they have us in their pockets).

#5 He did actually pick up a knock in the 3rd or 4th game. Could be a factor, be he has looked comfortable otherwise.

Any thoughts?

5. Trammers

Talking of Johansen.......

awjm likes this.
  6. Trammers

Seriously though........

1. Not as bothered now that he's got the contract? (I don't believe this).......... Absolutely Not
    2. Struggling with the responsibility of running midfield now that Field isn't with him?........... Ball has done a fine job in that spot
    3. Being made captain has put a burden on his shoulders?......... Former International Captain so No
    4. Is being used incorrectly by Warburton?.......... Doubtful
    5. Is carrying an injury?......... Maybe, but then he just has a languid style......

We are only 8 games into the season so plenty of time for him to get up to speed and be the player that we saw last season.......

7. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

The club have issued a bond offering for prospective investors, decent return on investment, plus 25% bonus if we get promoted in the next five years.

https://bit.ly/3m88iG2

8. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I think this deserves its own thread, for us to discuss. This thread tends to get ignored. I actually think the mods should make this thread a permanent sticky.

Want to create the thread on this?

9. Ranger4ever

Thanks, I have added details to the thread created.

10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

11. Ranger4ever

Congratulations to Tony Fernandes on becoming a dad once again. Welcome to our world Aliyah Ena.

image_db7e7a4a-cd61-4f26-b90d-74666e6de59920211003_135613.jpg

Attached Files:

QPR Oslo likes this.
  12. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Christ it was only three two against a woeful Preston and the quarter point of the season but some celebration, good on ya Tone

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I totally disagree that Ball has done a fine job in that defensive midfield position. What he does well sometimes are his forward surges but which usually go nowhere because his passing is so erratic.

Defensively, Ball is no DCM. He fails to protect the CB's, leaves space in front of them free for half decent opponents, fails to see danger, and gives the ball away in dangerous positions. Johansen does better playing there and Dozzeĺl or Amos would do better in front of him than Ball I think The best will be if Field returns fit and in his form of last season, then we can expect to see Johansen in his form in the centre of our midfield as last season' knowing his back is covered, which it ain't now.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Whatever you think of him, and he’s not the best, we are much more vulnerable without him on the pitch. It was him coming on that shored us up against Barnsley, who really were ripping us a new one.

15. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Definately a glass half empty kinda guy Oslo?

16. QPR Oslo

Well re QPR now', yes. Ìf you take a butchers ar the tabĺe it shows we have scored just 1 less 22 goals, than the top scorers Fulham. Pretty f***** good. But it also shows only Reading, Cardiff and Posh have conceded more than our 16. Pretty bad and a deteriation from last season.

As Warburton has admitted it's a problem and we need to tighten up if we are going to be top 6 let alone top 2. I reckon the back 3 are good, Dieng slightly less good than last season, RWB a touch better, LWB down a hack due the injuries, but its DCM where we are significantly worse. Dom goes walkabout all too often, where was he for those PNE goals for example? Not where he should have been for the 1st at least and where Field would have been, or where Cameron would have been for the 2nd. He also sent an awfull ball out of our box under no pressure1st half to a player in red who Seny had to save well from.

I don't think Ball should continue as DCM
    Think Stefan needs to play there probably until Field is ready again. The position needs someone streetwise, and dont think Amos or Dozzell quite have that yet.

17. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

11 games in and sitting pretty on 6th. Happy days!
    Let's think the unthinkable and assume we've been promoted, likely through the playoffs.
    Barring any new additions in January, I'm fairly certain this current team would get pasted week after week.

So what do the owners do?

1. Spend big in Jan to ensure promotion and again in summer 22 to try and stay there? Got that T shirt!

2. Take the £150m, write off the season and aim to bounce straight back after relegation? Sort of got that T shirt too.

3. Sack Warbs and spend serious money?

4. I'm sure you'll all come up with other options.

Any course of action, apart from taking the cash and not spending, seems immensely risky and I can't see them taking huge risks again.

How do you folk see this panning out?

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

2, but in a calm and collected kind of way, learn and develop players. Bounce back stronger, not ‘oh **** I might have to turn up for work again’ Redcrapp kind of way.

But unless we can figure out a way to avoid letting a goal in when the ball is played over the top and our 3 CBs are turned, then I think promotion is unlikely, though the season will be fun.

Would our stadium pass the standard required for the PL? Serious question. Zero investment since the last time we were there.

Ranger4ever likes this.
  19. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I can't see them spending big and, fair enough to take the dosh.
    No idea re stadium.

20. QPR Oslo

First things first, we need to beat Fulham and find a way to stop leaking so many goals, as my post above, to have a hope of promotion.

If we do manage that, we would need to improve the team gradually as we have been doing. Not spending crazy money on players past their best but strengthening where it really is necessary.