1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ramirez watch

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by benditlikeabanana, Sep 8, 2012.

1. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

Ramirez came on as a 60th minute sub with his country already 3-0 down to Colombia.Hard to tell what formation Uraguay were playing as they were all over the place, truely woeful performance by them up to the introducion of subs. Ramirez was playing kind of wideleft central midfield but they had no width or wingers. He chased after the ball well but recieved no passes that let him take a run at the defender. He had one run that resulted in him hitting the side netting. He is a big lad but had no crosses to attack, his lazy style of running eats up alot of ground. They played better when he came on, but that may be due to Colombia being in cruise mode. 4th goal a classic, nutmeg central defender then nutmeg the keeper, the keeper was nutmegged twice in the game- shocking

2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Presumably, this is an appropriate time for an.. I don't give a f*** about the international break matches, outburst then..? ;)

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Oh no, not a South American with a lazy running style? He won't get given a chance.

4. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Not even if he scores 10 goals and sets up 10 more for Rickie?? :(

5. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

Only glimpsed a few minutes on a crappy stream, but their team was all over the place despite having some very good players in it. It was like watching them at the Olympics again. Tabarez must surely be for the chop soon - inept display.

6. PO10Saint

PO10Saint Member

Yes, but is there a better centre forward in the world at the moment than Falcao? (ignoring Lambert!)

7. Mr.Gaston Ramirez

Mr.Gaston Ramirez New Member

Nope.I always thought that Radamel Falcao was the best CF in the world, even when he was at Porto.

His off the ball movement is sublime.

8. TheSecondStain

One of the pleasures of watching a Saints game a second time is to watch Rickie's off the ball movement. He's excellent.

I open the visor for no less. :)

9. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Maybe he is the new. Valencia :)

10. Mr.Gaston Ramirez

Mr.Gaston Ramirez New Member

Did u watch the saints v man utd game again?

11. TheSecondStain

At least once more. Great goal. Rickie made the ManU defence look positively ordinary.

12. PO10Saint

PO10Saint Member

Just spat my tea out laughing at that very good! What I love about what Lambert does is that his movement isn't super human, you wouldn't pick him out as some example of super athletic ability. He is just smart with what he does the first five yards are in the head and the way he pulls on to the full backs isn't exactly difficult but so many others don't do it - you get the impression he listens, works on his game and would be a pleasure to manage.

13. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

I don't think Lambert's off the ball movement is that great. He's good at that thing good strikers do where they push away from defenders to create the space to bring the ball under control. He's also good at picking out the fullback who is often 5 foot nothing and crap in the air. He doesn't really poach his goals. He's very good at making the most of his frame and experience.

14. TheSecondStain

I think PO10 above says it well. Lambert's movement and play is smart. Sure he doesn't run around all over the place, dodging this way and that. A player of his size can't keep that up for 90 minutes. But what he does is find great positions with space, where he is available to receive a pass and be effective with the ball while he's got it. Of course, that is coached into him, but he has learned the lesson really well.

15. Jose Fonte baby

Jose Fonte baby Well-Known Member

The best thing he does off the ball is to come deep and away from the centre backs and wait for the ball, he doesn't have the pace to make a sudden move away from the defenders to get into space. This allows him to hold the ball up for the wingers but then there's no one in the box. Nonetheless, it's better than him goal hanging and having two centre backs on him and not giving him time on the ball.

16. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

This Ramirez watch, I bet it's not a cheap Timex.

17. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Cortese's famous watch. Wonder what that was? It warranted Markus driving across Switzerland on the day before he died, so presumably pretty special.