1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Rami Malek in the James Bond film

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Apr 25, 2019.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

<laugh>

so true. Imagine a reboot of Indiana Jones but having someone like Dianne Abbott play the lead. Wouldn't work

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  2. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Her crotch could play the temple of doom.

Quesadaad and The Ginger Marks like this.
  3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I guess they "Far East Asians" don't tend to blow themselves up, stab people, groom children demand special treatment, claim victimhood and generally contribute and assimilate into other cultures better than others.

Never heard a Chinese person talk about repatriations from the US for their brutal treatment of workers building the railroads for example, it's a non issue.

You don't tend to see Buddhists Sikhs or Hindus getting targeted by "so called racists" as much as others even though they are often brown skinned and from a different race.

It's almost as if it's the behaviour of "other" immigrants that creates friction leading to their social group being stigmatised and criticised rather than their skin colour or race .
    Just a thought .

#notall

Let that sink in

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Milk not bear jizz

Didn't say it did need changing... Just it wouldn't hurt if he wasn't white. It's about getting the right actor. Samuel L. Jackson would make a terrible Bond, but Idis Ebra might not.

Now, what would be funny is if they remade the Dukes of Hazzard with black actors. That would piss of the racist rednecks

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

They tried that with Ghostbusters and Ocean's 13 both absolutely flopped .

Star wars is as woke as they could get and it's pretty ****e now .

The movie industry is about escapism and making money and doesn't need forced characters being given roles solely on their sex or race to pander to arseholes like you .

England is a majority white country and Global audiences expect to see an upper class white guy playing Bond , the black agent in Skyfall was very good and it didn't matter that she wasn't stereotypically English .

You look at Chinese movies 99% of the heroes are Chinese the same with Bollywood 99% are Indian , do you see anyone complaining and demanding quotas ?

No but that's different I guess.

Currently in England there are about 3.5% black people they are more than represented in modern movies and TV shows news readers weathermen etc .

The paying public are not stupid and if they see their favourite movie characters given the SJW treatment then they won't go back and watch the next film .

Get woke go broke .

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

I was watching NBA today and noticed that whitey is majorly unrepresented should we start forcing quotas to make it more inclusive too ?

I want to see the best actors and best sportsmen in their jobs solely on merit and not because of diversity quotas .

Otherwise I will demand to see only 3.5% of blacks on BBC and just 6% gays to reflect our numbers equally in the UK.

Both groups are disproportionately represented in this industry already .

You start playing identity politics and it always ends badly with other groups missing out on positions due to quotas .

7. DUNCAN DONUTS

I would actually pay to see a spoof Dukes of Hazard with Chris Rock and Will Smith that would probably be hilarious and of course not cultural appropriation either.

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Shocked that Si has jumped on this.

9. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I see no reason Idris Elba couldn’t play Bond. It’s about being a credible Bond figure, not what colour Bond’s skin is.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

So you are suggesting Joe Lycett should be the next Bond? Does his lack of blockbuster film experience not concern you?

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

What’s this got to do with Bond?

12. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Tbh an A team remake with Wesley snipes as Hannibal, will Smith as face, Chris Tucker as Murdock and the rock as BA would work

13. thefanwithnoname

Tbf martial arts movies put certain a lot of non Chinese people on the map.

Golden harvest made likes of Cynthia rothrock stars. Arguably Chuck Norris too

14. thefanwithnoname

You sure?

15. Milk not bear jizz

Marketing must have been terrible. I never heard of the black Ghostbusters movie or black Oceans 13... Both probably very low budget.

Star Wars has always been pretty ****e. You're just an adult now and the novelty has worn off. The Star Wars you grow up with is what you like. The Gen Zers all prefer the new shows.

You really do have very poor comprehension skills don't you. I feel quite sorry for you. No wonder you're wrong about so many things. You're a plain dumbass. <laugh>

Actually there have been quite a number of Western stars in Bollywood and Asian films. Probably more than there are per capita in those countries.

Watch the old Jackie Chan movies (before he moved to the West) there were always lots of token white people.

And who the **** said anything about quotas. I specifically said "the best person for the job/role" which could be white,c be black, could be anything.

Totally agree. I think BBC, specifically, overdoes it trying to be diverse but they base their diversity on American diversity (lots of blacks). I do notice how many blacks there are... And at the same time, almost never any Asians despite Asians making up a larger percent of population. It's actually quite laughable.

It's also amusing how almost every show has to have an interracial relationship. I obviously see nothing wrong with that, but it's so overdone and strained... they're trying too hard... Just be natural. When watching British TV my wife and I make a joke about who can spot the interracial couple first. There is "almost" always one in ever show.

You're a racist old dinosaur, most people aren't racist ****s anymore and don't judge a movie based on the colour of the star but rather the quality.

If they put an awful black man in the role just to have a black man in the role it would flop. If the best man for the job happened to be black and they picked him it would do well.

Honestly, I couldn't care less what race Bond is, as long as they stick to the character and get the right man for the job. Same with any job, it's right man for the job, not based on quotas and you'll do best.

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

A. Birds love not coloured people

B. Even hard core Star wars fans say it's **** now because of wokeness

C. You didn't really make a valid point there just childish insults

D. You don't watch Bollywood films and they are nearly all Indian looking people .

E. Jacky Chan is from Hong Kong and it used to be a Btitish colony there are loads of white people living there , have you ever been ?

F. James Bond is a white posh bloke even having Jason Statham would ruin the franchise ffs.

G. There are tons of unfunny Asians getting comedy shows and starring as female Muslim British soldiers etc its nauseating.

H. WAAAAASSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIISSSSSSSSTT . You probably have 10 or 20 years on me you old fart

I. My point exactly how about a white guy playing Shaft if he's good enough with his black whores pimp tactic

J. Well Hollywood has a ridiculous woke agenda and they are casting people in roles so Spike Lee doesn't get the hump at the Oscar's

#toowhite doesn't scream well they won because they were the best person for the role

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's worthwhile noting that whoever suggested Idris Elba did so because he seemed like a suitable candidate based on his demeanour and acting first and foremost. The question then naturally arises as to whether him being black makes a difference.

It was never about trying to fill quotas or trying to make James Bond black. Your thought process has to take a bit of a leap to take a suggestion and look at it that way tbh.

18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Apart from maybe his age he sounds like a great Bond.

Treble likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't know, how old is? But yeh agree, I think he would be. He was supposed to be in the frame for it... until he turned it down himself.

Think it may end up being the guy out of Bodyguard.

20. Milk not bear jizz

They chick ghost busters from what I've read (didn't bother seeing it) was horrendously written regardless of who was in it.

Leading lady films in general have done well at box offices lately... The problem is often when you try and ape an existing film you often get a bad copy of a copy. Like the new Star Trek films.

Yeah... And they're older now and grew up with the others. My kids like the new ones better. People I know who were adults or teens when the originals came out said they were crap too.

Less than 1% white in Hong Kong.

Colour wouldn't impact the story. Jason Statham would be awful in the role... So would Samuel L. Jackson... And most famous black actors I know. If I picked 3 actors for a shortlist for Bond, there probably wouldn't be a black actor on the list... Just because I don't know one that fits... If the right one came along though it wouldn't hurt the role. Race isn't important to the Bond character. If they pick a black actor just to pick a black actor it will suck. If the right one comes along, so be it.

The first Craig films changed the personality of Bond more than just hiring a black actor would.