1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rafa ups the ante

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Consett Mag, Apr 23, 2018.

1. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

So we're back on spend rather than nett spend. You're a shockingly selective statistician.

Basically, if the club back Rafa with every penny generated as publically stated then there shouldn't be a problem. If Fat Ashley tries to renege on his previous words like we all know he will (including Free-Dork) then we have an issue. Enough for Rafa to walk? No, and I think Ashley knows it, which is in itself the problem. As for Rafa apparently harming the club by making comments I think someone needs to give their head a shake regarding why we are where we are - forget about the fans, gauge ANY neutral footballing persons view on what the positives of the club are.

Positive #1 Rafa

Negative #1 Ashley

So on the one hand you have wummster central and his version of the truth and on the other hand the entirety of everyone else who follows football.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Was everything I said true? Yes

Of course they want to keep Rafa after going to all the trouble of getting him to stay in the championship. Which incidentally none of you lot seem to be able to thank Super Lee and Big Michael for despite it being directly responsible for our current upturn in fortune. Ultimately the owner is responsible for how a club does. Not at Newcastle. He's a **** when we're doing badly and lucky to be riding coattails when we do well. Yet I'm selective? Copious amount of irony in play here.

I could respect some of you if you could just be a bit more balanced. I have been critical of Rafa prior to Xmas but I've praised him when its due. You lot just want to run the owner and MD into the ground regardless of the good they've done for you all. Its a bit pathetic really.

If the owner is not giving him every penny, and the accounts aren't suggesting he's not, where do you suggest the money has gone? I mean what we know from the accounts posted in April 2017 is that the owner had to provide a cash injection from his own pocket to make the transfer window a reality due to the cash profile of some of the sales. Our next accounts are due soon I believe. I'm sure it will reveal once again we've spent what we have.

3. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Apologies, spat my tea out at this point. I'll come back to the rest of your story after I've tidied up.

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

As soon as Mike pays his share, employs a competent board which then contributes to ambition parallel to Rafa's, then I'll be more balanced. Training facility and a better-than-awful youth program would be a bonus.

Until then we have an owner doing everything on the cheap, a MD out of his depth, no supporting cast and a series of windows with a very low net spend that belies what the club is supposed to be bringing in.

Once this regime can get through more than a few seasons without getting us relegated, I'm sure we'll all be a little more thankful.

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

If he sells this summer I’ll get my ass crack cock and balls out in Fenwicks whist wesring my dads mackem top.

jimileysbaldhead likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Those things cost money. It lessens the transfer budget and fees. We are investing in it heavily according to Rafa.

Mike doesn’t have to pay, he owns it. He just has to run it sensibly as a business that operates within its means to achieve the best it can. The books say he does this, and recent improvement in decision making has made achieving its best a reality.

Just be balanced and kiss the ring. He is responsible for what you’re currently enjoying.

7. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

True. We could have been pushing for Europe if he had invested in the summer and winter windows instead of just trying to get into the top half.

haslam likes this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Nah he’s already said he’s not spending anymore of his own money.

9. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you've found the one thing that will make us feel slightly better when Mike inevitably doesn't sell. At least we'll all be spared this.

JakartaToon likes this.
  10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wear your own you twat.

11. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can you post the link to the accounts that include the period when Rafa was in charge and receiving cash as I only can find the 2016 accounts which don’t include that period.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  12. Warmir Pouchov

Google it yourself you lazy twat :biggrin:

JakartaToon likes this.