1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rafa gone...

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Libby, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah exactly, fans of Coventry, Charlton Pompey etc. have really suffered with ownership compared to them.

Even Hull @Quesadaad

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yup, Leeds too.

Went from Champions League semi finalists and PL top 4 to League One in a space of a couple of seasons because of bad ownership.

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Think the problem for Newcastle/ their fans, is that they should be doing so much better. This a club that generally gets around 50k+ fans at SJP yet they've been relegated twice in the last decade and averaged around 15th place in the Premier League in that spell, for a club of their size that's awful. They only just broke their transfer record this January too with the £21m purchase of a MLS player in Almiron. Bournemouth spent that amount on a young proven CB in Ake back in 2017.

BrunelGooner, JakartaToon and haslam like this.
  5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

They ask for him to do them favours like support them with his own money and sell up, while calling him a fat **** every five mins. If I was him I’d butcher that club.

6. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

He is.

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

They were **** most of the time I was growing up, it was only in the 90's when Hall pumped a few quid in that they looked good for a few years. Then they borrowed a ****-load to try and keep pace and had to sell to Ashley before they went tits up.

8. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

I would compare mike Ashley to the arsenal and man United owners where footbal is a business to them. They invest none of there money into the team what so ever and just take. From a footbal fans perspective this is frustrating and annoying but from a business perspective it's fair and justified

9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

That's ****ing disgraceful, if it's true.

remembercolinlee, NLDISRED and Sucky like this.
  10. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

But on the other hand you could say maybe if the owners of those three clubs invested they would see greater returns on the investments. For example if kroenke subsidized the stadium debt before FFP I genuinely believe arsenal would be on par with the elites

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Avram Grant is trending on social media! <laugh>

Big Ern and remembercolinlee like this.
  12. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I've no doubt it will be.

There are certainly worse owners out there than our Ashley but that fact doesn't mean we can't also complain about him. Prior to Ashley we'd been relegated fewer times in our history than Man Utd, now we're a yo-yo club. That isn't entirely his fault as the previous organisation had over-spent without doubt though there is some dispute over the nature of the numbers (our debts weren't particularly worse than other clubs of a similar stature to us who have managed to avoid being so tight over the past 10 or so years).

I don't hate Ashley, he's a businessman who wanted to buy a club so he could get brand recognition and sales for his other business and it's worked. When people who don't know NUFC talk about our finances they often either ignore or are ignorant to things like how other clubs gets hefty money for sponsorship deals in their stadiums we give it to SportsDirect for free; whilst we have one of the bigger domestic revenues for club merchandise the club shops and "merchandising" have been made subsidiaries of SD rather than Newcastle many years ago so that's money we're also not getting; our international revenue streams (which used to have us as 6-7th highest) have failed to grow at all in his tenure and we've been left behind by most other teams in the Premiership as we seemingly have no interest - our "board" is one man and he is the cheapest person Ashley can find (£150k per year for the ENTIRE board).

He siphons money out of the club and then sticks to the line we have to be self-reliant fiscally. I don't believe he's trying to sell us, I also don't believe anyone would buy us once they look at what they are and aren't getting into the bargain.

I don't hate Ashley but he's succeeded in making me utterly apathetic about my club. I'm more likely to attend Tranmere next season (more local to me) and I'll probably watch more Sunderland games. This isn't a knee-jerk emotional response, it's an inevitable dwindling of interest in NUFC which is simply an advertising billboard for a billionaire.

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

I ****ing hate that ****.

PleaseNotPoll and haslam like this.
  14. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

<yikes>

haslam likes this.
  15. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

upload_2019-6-24_19-42-6.png

Libby likes this.
  16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

So what happened to Sheik N’Vac and the Toon becoming the new City under Rafa?

Oh yeah, fat Mike.

As you were.

17. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

Makem

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

Every time I read/hear his name all I can picture is him on the St Marys pitch bowing to 4000 delirious skates.

Probably the most angry I've ever been at a game too that, the saggy faced toady little ****cunt.

Archers Road and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  19. Libby

Libby 9-0

**** off dullard.

20. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

So I was right