1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Racism: Danny Rose

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by chaperonek9, Apr 6, 2019.

1. chaperonek9

chaperonek9 Active Member

Firstly, let me be clear, l do not condone racism. However, Danny Rose is not helping the situation by stating that he cannot wait to leave it all behind after the next 6 years. There is no 'one fits all' solution to this; racism has been around for a very long time, and will remain so for an indefinite period. No measures that FIFA or the FA in this country introduce will eliminate the problem; closing grounds will not help, it will just intensify 10 fold when these idiots are allowed back in the ground. Taking players off the pitch will only 'award' a kind of victory to those responsible for it all; and they will only add fuel to the fire and fan the flames of racism wider than ever before.

People like Rose and Sterling and other black players will have been called 'names' before, will have heard the monkey chants, had banana skins thrown at them when they were younger; obviously such behaviour is totally unacceptable; but they, like anyone else in the public domain are there to be shot at. They are adults, is it too much to expect them to rise above it all? While they continue to 'make themselves heard, and give more publicity to the issue via the press and social media, they only serve to make their own problem worse; bullies in the school-yard lose interest if they are ignored, and subsequently move on to something else.

However, what really upsets me is that Danny Rose and Sterling will continue to take their millions each year from the game; retire in a comfort style which we can only dream about, and still maintain how hard done by they were in their respective playing careers because they are black.

Rose states that the fines being handed down equate to what he spends on a night out in London; he should not forget that he is in a very privileged position; and being able to spend money without a care in the world is a virtue that us mere mortals will never be able to experience.

Stop complaining about how you are being treated because you are black; you are very talented footballers in a very public bubble. You are amassing fortunes; if you feel that strongly about it, leave the game now that is paying you so well, not at some point in the future.

2. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Are you including Lyle Taylor in the above as well? He's been very vocal.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if Rose is a plank, that's a side issue. Doesn't matter either if Neil Lennon is a plank, racist or sectarian abuse should be kicked ahrt.

Ken Shabby and DickPlumb like this.
  4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Rose is a twat.

These instances of racism are hugely embellished by the media, IMO.

The two left wing BBC twats Lineker & Dan Walker were virtual signalling about it at half time yesterday - it’s just a hook for these clowns to further raise their media profiles.

Compared to the 70s and 80s (before Walker was born..) football has done a brilliant job in sorting this issue.

5. ForestHillBilly

The East European countries have the real problem. The subject of racism raises a lot of hypocritical rage from all points of the compass. John Barnes is worth listening to though.

6. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Danny Rose states that he can't wait to get out of Football. Why not stay inside Football and help with racism inside Football.

7. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

Half time in the game yesterday made me sick. The media love in of Sterling is beyond a joke, the bloke’s a grade a cvnt no two ways about it, political correctness gone mad

8. User deleted as requested

Yep, the little sh1t bought his ex school’s pupils tickets- a nice gesture but fvck me to listen to Lineker & Dan Walker you would think he had found the cure for cancer.

Walker in particular does this for a reason.

Lineker is just a genuine prick.

9. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

What is it with Lineker lunging forward every two minutes.

Watch him next time.

10. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I find all " the racism in The West " talk highly amusing and just don't take it seriously.
    Why ?
    Well, I lived in West Africa for almost 20 years, and if you want to see racism up close, and evil, that's the place to go. I'm not talking about black on white racism, which I suffered daily, but the more sickening black on black racism, which really opened my eyes to the nauseating hypocrisy that so epitomises the blacks living in The West. They NEVER, EVER, mention that. Too embarrassing, and not going to enhance their cause.

<ok>

DickPlumb likes this.

11. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I have not seen or heard any racism at Charlton for thirty to forty years. Back in the seventies they sold National Front magazines/ papers outside the ground.

12. User deleted as requested

100% correct.

As a real (paying) football fan who travels home and away - and not a closeted media luvvy who sits in a TV studio - I experience no racism at Charlton.

Our players get called out for being c rap, and nothing else.

13. User deleted as requested

A certain MP from Tottenham is a classic example of this. How he gets away with some of his Tweets I will never know.

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  14. ForestHillBilly

In theory yes, but he's not really the best ambassador, with his boast about how much he spends on a night out, and his whinge about how little he earns at Spurs. As John Barnes says, we're all potential racists anyway. Usually that particular form of name-calling is used as a gratuitous insult to gain the moral high ground.

15. LIBERTARIAN

Abbott, Lammy, Javid, and a whole host of other like minded individuals, are all hypocrites.
    Sadly, no one challenges them, thereby avoiding the immediate " racist " label. As a result, they are empowered, and continue with their odious bleating. I used to get angry, but there's no point anymore. The bastards are winning every point, and laughing at us.

16. ForestHillBilly

I have no idea what you're talking about.

17. LIBERTARIAN

Presumably you have been living in a cave in Borneo, or somewhere equally remote, and the world has passed you by.

18. ForestHillBilly

I did visit Borneo 3 years ago. The wildlife was incredible, and the people were very friendly. However I was not tempted to stay and find a cave to settle down in<ok>

DickPlumb likes this.
  19. ForestHillBilly

Troy Deeney and Lyle Taylor speaking up now about receiving racial abuse. And it's not just a football problem, although that doesn't mean nothing should be done.

20. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

This sort of outraged post is utterly annoying. Why is it okay for footballers to put up with racist abuse? And why are they expected to keep quiet about it. We should be standing with the abused, not whinging about their pay cheque being enough to make it acceptable.