1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

R U a “Nige knows best”, “Nige will sort it out”, "in Nige we trust".

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Oct 27, 2021.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Nigel Pearson is in danger of losing his most precious and prized Bristol City commodity
    Since his appointment, Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson has retained almost near-universal support but something has changed over the last two weeks
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-prized-bristol-city-6116395

A great article, to long to copy and paste but are you a “Nige knows best”, “Nige will sort it out”, "in Nige we trust" or a " Sack Nige" person?

I still think NP is the right man for us but things must change quickly from the dirge we are witnessing at the moment but we all know that don't we?

Sort it out "Nige" or you will obviously suffer the consequences.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

This football club has bumbled along for over 30 years-nothing apart from GJs Hull play-off loss and SC double winning season this football club has well and truly under achieved. We have a respected and proven manager which i would imagine is the highest paid in BCFC history.The guy inherited a shocking underperforming squad of players.For me he has had a limited amount of funds given to him-However James-Atkinson-Tanner have been excellents signings.Simpson has been a disappointment and should have been released.This football club needs a major overhaul of players who have not been good enough over the years. Now if SL is serious about the next level he needs to back NP in the market.If not the ground-training complex are going to be white elephants.If SL does not wish to invest further then it has to be in the best interests to move the football club on. NP must be given the time and finances for the football club to move forward.There is no point in chopping and changing managers and backroom staff every year.

3. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

can see what you mean about length ... a bit of poetic licence to keep on the right side of " our Nige " but generally collates a lot of the articles of the past 3 weeks ... I am a "sit on the fencer" ... I dont think he knows best, sort it out is an obvious comment because if he doesnt he will be a goner, so that leaves trust... trust is either an absolute or a belief, it is definetly in NP'S case an absolute.
    Being a third party article it can be easy to pull it apart in places, but that has benefit.

Truth is we are currently a headless chicken or a turkey that has just learned the real truth about what happens at christmas!!!

4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

My view, is a bit like when LJ was here.....I can see what he's trying to do most of the time.....achieving our goal it is another matter..
    The jury is still out for me, I know RR and others think he's the DB's but if I'm honest, I have been a bit disappointed, not just results but some of his tactics and decisions and some of our performances has not convinced me as yet to say, "if he's all that"...........I do believe however, he's owed plenty of time to turn it around.....unless we get into a relegation battle, which IMO would NOT be acceptable.....

Supcon72 likes this.
  5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Like you I think Nige is the right man for us, and in the long run he’s the best hope we’ve had for a long time, but he really does need to sort out the here and now, and more specifically the home form, or suffer the consequences.

6. realred1952

there was an early point in time when SL stated should LJ be at the helm when we got relegated it is no certainty he will be sacked [ first year / season]

a company has to employ men for the job, or sometimes lucky to have one come up from mail boy/ teaboy [ or lady] CITY WAS IN FAR MORE OF A MIRE when LJ was hired.. he was a bit of a techno had modern ideas and was not spoiled to much by previous job history [ japanese are very wary of employing ex workers as they may have previous company habits usually bad! ] LJ moved city forward in a big leap, but was unable to advance further .. since then DH did a good job but faded .. and to be honest " the messiah" has yet to show what was expected, time is not something you can say is infinite .. 3 years verge of the prem [ or promoted! ] well imagine we avoid relegation [ bottom third of table 17th to 21st ] thats 2 years left so promise is now in 2 years and third transfer window is in operation! .............. :emoticon-0138-think

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

He said he wanted 3 years and the associated transfer windows and that he would deliver promotion, but we've heard that from recent previous Managers who didn't deliver sh*t !

I backed Nige's appointment 100% and I still do.

Providing we survive this season, can win a home game or two, and we can see a genuine improvement in results and in overall play, which includes us creating many more chances, and every single player in a City shirt giving their all for every game, then I will of course give him the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.

RR is 100% right in that the club have shown a huge lack of ambition not backed by a workable business plan and as a result have made multiple and recurring managerial mistakes in the past 30 odd years with their appointments and their stupid strategies. Sadly they never learned the simple lessons that were staring them in the face. Only now have we finally installed someone with the sort of pedigree that they should have acted upon decades ago which if implemented could even have seen us as an established top flight club right now. But now with the loss of money and business thanks to Covid, football is a different beast and for a manager hamstrung by lack of funds, it's a mountain to climb.

So in truth, maybe it's already too late and we're all still living in hope rather than genuine expectation ?

The Premiership is almost a closed shop now and most of the title winning Championship teams come straight back down within a season or two.

But before I go, I'd like to see us there, even if only for one more season.

Up the City
    And I'm right behind you Nige

Red Robin likes this.
  8. AshtonRed

Agree with all that, I’m just concerned if he doesn’t fix the home form soon the pressure will mount. I hope he does because given time I’m sure he’ll do well, but fear he may not.

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

AshtonRed likes this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I just hope he can get through to the January window and SL backs him with some quality signings.

11. AshtonRed

I’m unsure FFP will allow it Wiz, but like you hope we can.

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

More chance of getting ID’d to get served alcohol mate than funds raised.

13. realred1952

yep I would like 3 the season .. first year up the next year down [ but hopefully not ] so as to see what first season back down has to offer!
    didnt he say not in favour of January window for buying!!! as inflated prices and poor quality [ish] available.

14. AshtonRed

Or mandated to wear masks in the concourse <laugh><laugh>

15. Red Robin

<applause><applause><applause> Same here-we ain't getting any younger.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  16. Red Robin

We are going to need reinforcements in the striker department-NP will have to pull the magic rabbit out of the hat.We are nowhere near good enough in that area.

Are we going to be surprised with a new name on the coaching side -one of Niges trust lieutenants

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

He did.

18. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The comparison between Bristol City and a headless chicken describes us to a tee and I don't ever see us becoming anything other than a mediocre outfit claiming to want better. How many years has 606 been in existence (outside of the BBC) and how many posts have there been regarding our ineptitude at improving? The constant commitment from our owner to supposedly take us to the next level is starting to do my head in and yet here we are with a proven manager going nowhere as usual. Nigel Pearson is the manager we needed when there was a specially chosen one splashing the cash like there was no tomorrow and when SL finally woke up to the reality of running a football club perhaps the decision to ramp up the ante was like everything else Bristol City in being done too late.

If you want a successful football club then you need successful management to run the on field part of the process but when you hire an Ashton type then you not only muddy the waters but you put the entire process in the hands of a person who believed he was the second coming and now look where we are. I have this sinking feeling that we will travel the same road and eventually Nigel will see too many hurdles for him to jump and will leave us. Stupidity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Angelicnumber16 and Red Robin like this.
  19. Red Robin

I’m sure NP had plenty of discussion with SL prior to taking the job and would have had a plan in place. Infact SL was blown away with NPs
    interviews.NP would have wanted guarantees in place going forward.So last year was a disaster for football clubs with no revenue but next year the rebuild must begin.We will finish around mid table this season which after the last two years we should all be happy with.Then it is time to move the sleeping and dormant football club forward.

20. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Heaven forbid he goes back on what he said. Some on here will be all over him….