1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Query for a Hull City book I'm writing

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by RichardG, Sep 9, 2016.

1. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Not sure Ash has any coaching badges, but he would get my support also. Both he and Brabs certainly wore their heart on their sleeves

RichardG likes this.
  2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Ash gets Hull City in a way many born and raised in Hull fail to do. Especially the Liverpool, Man Utd and TWS supporting inadequates.

PLT and RichardG like this.
  3. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

I wasn't thinking necessarily in a coaching role. Would just be nice if the club could get him involved on matchdays and things. His playing story is probably the most incredible in Hull City history.

For those who attended the launch party, by the way, a total of £461.92 was raised in the collection tins alone for Dove House. That's very generous on top of the £20-a-go books people were buying too. Thanks so much to anyone who donated.

4. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Richard, noted, but with his close association to the city and the club, I have no doubt his shared passion would be hugely helpful and motivational either to existing coaching staff, or if he has his badges to consider a coaching role himself.

Got to be more rewarding than selling watches, but then Ash of course may think otherwise!

RichardG likes this.
  5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He's not actually selling watches any more, he jacked it in several months ago.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Well if he wore his heart on his sleeve that’ll definitely make him a great coach...

7. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

If you're able to say, what is Ash doing now, OLM?

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know Kemps, a mutual friend told me he'd left Blowers and I meant to ask him at Richard's book launch, but forgot.

Kempton likes this.
  9. Kempton

Cheers pal.

10. NewbaldTiger

NewbaldTiger Active Member

11. NewbaldTiger

Just bought the book and will start reading tonight as wife got a bit mardy when I started reading it in The Green Dragon, Beverley and ignoring her. Couldn’t see the problem really, beer and a book who needs conversations.

Also got a book called 46 years and counting on City and a family who follow them, fella called Ian someone wrote it but wife is glaring so time to move on methinks.

Women just don’t understand the passion of a footy fan, well at least mine doesn’t.

12. Kempton

Just be careful your missus the doesn't hit you on the head with it, Newbald. It's quite a weight.

RichardG and dennisboothstash like this.
  13. NewbaldTiger

Yea it is but she wouldn’t even carry the bag with it in so lift it I hope not

dennisboothstash and Kempton like this.
  14. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Many years ago someone at work advertised a litter of kittens were available for adoption.
    I thought about it for a while, finally succumbing.
    After picking the new family member up a couple of days later, I took him home.
    Said to the missus "Meet Wagstaff, or Waggy for short". I was expecting a negative reaction.
    "He's beautiful" she beamed, "...and you've named him after a Shakespeare character. I like that"

Go figure ! No class :emoticon-0100-smile

RichardG, FER ARK, askewshair and 3 others like this.
  15. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Should have got him a companion kitty and called it Prince Hull. Could have had untold revelries together until Prince Hull saw sense and faced up to his responsibilities.

tigerscanada likes this.
  16. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Would have been a Hal of a challenge to pull that off !

17. Brabs

Brabs Active Member

From reading the book it looks like Garreth Roberts was treated shabbily by the club at the end of his career.

I also think Keith Edwards comes across as a bit of a tit.

RichardG likes this.
  18. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

Garreth was undoubtedly treated badly by Dolan and Fish. There's still some bitterness there, and rightly so. Terry and Martin are nice guys but they undoubtedly did some pretty poor things to people in their time at City. That said, they have a lot of people who won't hear a bad word against them, and they were hamstrung to a large extent by the actions (or inactions) of Chris Needler.

Keith's a lovely man - he spent the first five minutes of our chat telling me how much he was enjoying the revamped Cold Feet on ITV - but he's in no doubt as to his abilities. He was single-minded about football on the pitch in his day - he just wanted to score goals and earn as much money as he could while he could, nothing else - and he is still a bit that way when it comes to discussing his career. But he's a nice bloke away from that. I'm sorry if the book makes him appear more than a very selfish striker!

Brabs likes this.
  19. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I’m lucky. I have a wife who does like football. First lass I went out with who understood the offside rule. She had never been to a football match though. That was remedied 3 weeks after she met me. Her first game was the 5-1 win over Portsmouth when Pearson scored four. Had to explain to her it wasn’t like that every week. Which she discovered over the next few seasons. Probably why we have remained married for 45 years.

20. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Picking mine up today from Waterstones and after all the positive comments on here I can't wait to read it. <cheers>