1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Quarter season thoughts....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. I recall that Spanish was a very vocal defender of Roy Keane right until the very end ;)

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

That does ring a bell............... See I struggle with anyone who slates Mick yet can defend Royston Keane...........

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I loved it when Mick first arrived and for his first 2 seasons I was a staunch supporter of his because at that time he was what was needed in order to stabilise the football club. HOWEVER he is not one for building a long term vision and the one he has just plan sucks! I changed my mind about him 2 years ago! I am entitled to change my mind just ask my missus! <laugh>

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I think you speak for a good number of supporters there JWM.
    Definitely what we needed at the time but he has to leave at the end of his contract.
    We have a great crop of youngsters all maturing at the same time and many of them could easily be brought into the squad and have the first team built around the core of the U23s, who are playing some good football from what I can tell.

I don't want these lads to either get moved on 'cos they're not proper blokes or have their style stifled by Mick.
    Mick has often had the personnel to play a better brand of football but invariably chooses not to.

5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Have to say I'm becoming increasingly f***ed off with Mick's changing the system to match up oppositions. Now I'm not going to say the Blades are crap or anything - they're flying. Could do successive promotions like Watford/ Man City/ Saints and Norwich. It's possible. However, this game we go 3-5-2. Now We were 4-3-3 at Elland Road, we've also gone 4-4-2. I realise Garner was out / we're unlucky with injuries I get that. I just struggle when we chop and change so damn much! I'm not a fan of 3-5-2 unless you have two absolutely class full backs. I'd rather us go 4-3-3 / 4-4-2 however that's by the wayside. Just have a bit more faith in the side you have Mick jesus christ.

I'm probably one of your biggest defenders on this forum, however I can fully understand peoples issues with you. I'm not for one second going to say I agree with everything you do - however when I woke up at 7.27am to check my phone in sunny Sydney today. Saw score... sure not happy. However, to then read about ANOTHER system - just words fail me.

IF we're going to achieve anything this season, we simply HAVE to pick one,,,, perhaps two systems and just stick with it. We cannot chop / change as much as we currently are doing.

* Side note. How in GODS NAME did Spence not start the game................... Not a happy Westy today with what's going on at ITFC at all.

Hope for better for Norwich............

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Spence should have played, Iorfa is a CB who can't play full back.
    Spence is comfortable in both positions.
    The Everton lad Connolly had one game and has not been seen again, he looked like a little terrier against Jamie Mackie (also looked like a red card waiting to happen but he had passion)