1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QSF.... Bye bye...

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Sep 8, 2019.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Based on our last experience with QSF I for one am uncertain about what he will bring:

+
    We played good defensively and let few goals in.

-
    We were very limited going forward
    He seemed to lose all interest in the last few games
    He seemed to lose the dressing room at the end and games were awful to watch.
    He seemed limited in what he could set up tactically with little change to a basic game plan.

Views?

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I seem to remember that him and Holebas didn't exactly see eye to eye.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  3. yorkshirehornet

4. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

That is true but then Jose probably isn't mates with too many people!

How will Flores deal with our attackers?

Wasn't the most offensive manager.

5. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Didn't he and Troy have issues, too? I thought they did at the end of his reign.

6. Markthehorn

Not sure - think everyone got a bit fed up of each other at the end hence Flores leaving in the first place!

7. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Our defence is ****e. He will sort that out. IF I remember rightly when he started he got a few new defendes to keep us up. (Prödl, Holebas and Nyom, I think!!) Maybe he has been promised some more in January. Any new manager coming in has to tighten us up, he can, or at least did once. If he and Holebas don´t see eye to eye again, well the latter is getting on a bit n playing terms and maybe this is his last season as it is.

Our midfield has more talent this time. Hopefully he won't be putting 4 CMs out like a few times last time. Surely, the owners were annyoyed at Javi for not using Sarr, maybe we will see some pace on the wing(s) now. But we'll probably be playing a more defensice midfield. Capoue might be a bit worried mind!

Up top I really think QSF didn't do much work, he just let Deeney and Ighalo get on with it. Ighalo was in the form and luck of his life everything was flying in. This might be a bigger challenge for QSF, to get the top firing more.

Jesus Christ, I hope this works out.

brian_66_usa and andytoprankin like this.
  8. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He has better players now than he had then but the defense has hardly changed, they're just older! I cant see Holebas playing another game for us as he made his feelings about QSF very well known after he left. However, he, like many others, has been poor this season. The team he puts out on sunday will show us more I think, it will be interesting. Enjoy the ride my friends! :)

9. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Having Austin back is very important I think.
    He will sort out the defence in time but initially he will be ultra negative. I can see him employing 3 CB'S, 2 FB'S, 3 DM'S, one up top with one flair player linking against Arsenal & City.
    How does he get Welbeck, Sarr, Delefeu, Gray, Perayra into the team? He doesn't. At least not until he can expand to 4-3-3 which won't be till after City or Wolves.

10. Markthehorn

Well surely Sarr will have to play having spent 30 million on him!

QSF will probably pick the hardest working ones or those prepared to defend..

Might be good news for Welbeck and Deeney when he is are fit.

11. Other than a couple of tonkings by the Goons I don't remember any real hammerings under QSF. And in general we played all right against the "elite". A repeat of that will do.

12. yorkshirehornet

True..

13. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Hopefully, QSF can reflect and learn from his first stint here.

Most recent managers seem to have gone for their lack of flexibility / wilingness to change things - basically stubborness. Silva (to an extent) Mazzarri (excuse spelling) and deffo Gracia.

QSF, unfortunately, has the same in abundance. Doubt he's changed much who does...

14. Chris 13

Flores is much tighter in defence than other recent coaches and in his interview he has confirmed he will first retrieve the current position and then from there move forward and hopefully become more expansive. He confirmed he still operates the 30 metre rule - that is the gap between defence and attack players should be no more than 30 metres ever.

15. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

The big problem with the 30m high line is fine if you have pace at the back But none of our CB has pace

16. Chris 13

It's not necessarily a high line, it is the gap between the front and the back at all times so we could sit very deep in the next three games. I'm not saying we will but he will start defensively to protect a point. Not one to watch on TV unless you are a Hornet I suspect! :)

17. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

If you are never more that 30m front to back then at times you will be 15m inside there half ?? which is fine if you have pace to cover

18. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Just returned fro Rhodes and found out on holiday
    Javi paid the full price for not using Sarr and Wellbeck after they had proved their fitness in the Coventry cup game as well as not sorting out Deeneys injury till it was too late
    QSF and Austin will sort out the defending and maybe utilise our new attacking players
    Before the sacking the team in my head for Sunday was 3 - 5 - 2
    Foster in goal
    Mariappa Kabasele and Cathcart as Central Defenders
    Pereyra or Holebas as left wing back (the other on the bench) Sarr or Janmaart as right wing back (the other on the bench)
    Capoue Hughes and Quina in midfield with Chalobah and Doucoure on the bench
    Gray and Deulofeeu up front with Welleck and Success on the bench
    My guess would be be
    Foster in goal
    Janmaart Catthcart Kabasele and Holebas/Masina as a back four
    Doucoure Capoue Hughes and Pereyra in midfield
    Gray and Deulofeu up front with Sarr and Wellbeck on the Bench for the last 30 minutes or so
    As long as we don't slip up could be another up and down season on the Watford rollercoaster

19. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

QSF could have an ideal squad for his ideas. The defence isn't technically weak, just needs better organising and better cover. Most of our goals conceded so far have been fast counter attacks where our midfield defensive gap was exposed. (+Femenia being out of position). If he achieves that, we have quite enough speed and invention to create chances. Our other weakness is converting chances - we have (I think) one of the worst stats for chances to goals ratio. Whether Welbeck is an improvement I don't know, but forwards that we have should be capable of enough goals.

20. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

We are underachieving miserably thus far that is true. QSF will tighten things up at the back for sure, and creating chances is not yet the problem - we have the ability going forward but have been ridiculously profligate in front of goal.