1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs West Brom

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 17, 2019.

1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I've not really seen him play much at CB to be fair but you cant beat the experience of someone like Rangel in this division.

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Agreed. This bad run has coincided with the injuries to Cameron and Rangel and Smith starting.

3. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Well tbh I thought we would lose without scoring tonight against a very strong team

Oxbow has us a lot better than I ever thought so I am staying loyal to the fact I was wrong

We have 14 games to get 10 points and it will be a brilliant job for me No point in getting sore now we are a team playing to our maximum and the loan players who are better may strengthen us enough but I have considered and we will not go down

We must be able to pick up 10-15 points from 42

No point in thinking of anything else

4. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

We do need a bit of luck to go out way, confidence is plummeting.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

What's seriously worrying is that in our last three league home games we've shipped 11 goals, if we can't pick up home points we're heading for trouble...

Rodney likes this.
  6. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

A seriously worrying loss of games now.
    This has to end soon, but we still have a couple of very tough games ahead and it seems some very tired players.
    A win has to come along soon though!!
    The hope, the hope!!

7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not quite as Cameron and Rangel were injured during November and we did fine up to new year's day....

Smith has started what the last 4 or 5 league games and has scored 4 times....

4 of the last 6 defeats should have been draws at least.....combination of bad luck, stupid individual mistakes and poor decisions from officials have us where we are....Not sure how soon Cameron and Rangel will be fit for selection but maybe we do need their calming influence plus a lot of players need a break you can't keep playing the same starting 11 3 times a week....

Now is not the time to panic as by this time next week we could easily be 8 defeats on the spin....

Hopefully something gives somewhere and we get a bit of luck in those 2 games....

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I don't think we should worry about relegation as I think we have enough and the the bottom 4 are real dross. With us I believe we make too many mistakes and things are just not going for us at the moment. (missed pen from Wells/Watford game miss at end/use 3 subs Freeman injured. I think we will get a few more points once we get these 3 are games out of the way. Onwards and upwards.

QPRski and jeffranger like this.
  9. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Really harsh assessments of Smith there. He has scored more than anyone else recently. I'm not sure what else he could do!

You can't exactly blame a leaky defence on a striker who's scoring AND offers great defensive ability when defending set pieces.

10. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Kick in the Bollox again in injury time, we was running it until that stupid fcuking decision by lynch to head it out, thought eze was poor again when on & doesn’t fight to win the ball, strange to take pav off when he started playing well, deserved a draw out of that, we got into playing keep ball & pass better which we are not doing & enticing teams to walk through us, gutted again.

QPRski, QPR Oslo and ELLERS like this.

11. Sooperhoop

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

13. Sooperhoop

14. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

If you think we are likely to go down, you can get 150/1, Col.

Ipswich 1/40
    Bolton 1/10
    Rotherham 4/9
    Reading 11/8
    Millwall 10/1
    Wigan 33/1
    QPR 150/1
    Sheff Wed 275/1
    Stoke 275/1

15. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Gutted!
    We are QPR and never do things the easy way, so squeaky bum time for the next few tough games.

16. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

We were the better team for much of that game and still lost as seems to be coming a habit. We got to hope Freeman's injury is not serious, and Cameron and Rangel are back soon. It looked like we'd lost 2 players when Freeman had to go off.

17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Have QPR got AIDS? It would appear so what with the luck and recent results we've been having. We really didn't deserve that result tonight. Despite conceding a poor early goal in which we had a chance to clear our lines before the cross came in to set it up, We came back into the game and the R's showed some honest endeavour to get back on level terms when Freeman got the chance to put his laces through the ball to equalise. No less than what we deserved. It came as no surprise as I felt that if we were brave enough we would equalise.

So then we get to half time and the chatter amongst the faithful is a mixture of we're gonna lose, I'll take the draw and ( like me ) we can win this ...

Despite the West Brom starting Xl, lets have a look at how it differs to ours.

In goal ...

Sam Johnstone - Ex Man U Signed for £6.5m

R/B Mason Holgate - On loan from Everton, thought he looked decent last season.

L/B Kieran Gibbs - Signed from Arsenal for £6.75m ( Where he looked quite decent. )

C/B's Craig Dawson ( Not much pedigree ) and along with Ahmed Hegazi ( Egyptian International ) were the weak links in the squad who we could exploit, especially with Matt Smith.

Midfield - Jake Livermore - Ex Spurs, Ex Hull, Ex England, plenty of EPL experience ... Signed for £10m

Sam Field - Youth product and looks a good prospect for the future. Will definitely play for a bigger club.

Stefan Johansen - On loan from Fulham, Norwegian International who has played in the Prem. ( Loans don't come cheap. )

Jacob Murphy - On loan from Newcastle, just recently signed in January, scored their second tonight.

Up Top ...

Jay Rodriguez - Played for Burnley and Southampton in the Prem, signed for £12 m

Jefferson Montero - An Ecuadorian journey man footballer who doesn't score goals. Well he did after 5 minutes against us.

Players they bought on as subs tonight ... Gareth Barry, Matty Phillips and Rekeem Harper, I think it was his debut?

Anyway Lynch ****ed up when we was on the up and they scored to go ahead and a draw would've been an exceptable result. Why did he not leave the ball to run through to Lumley.

At 2-2 I still thought we would win it if not win it but with our backs to the wall with the motm Freeman going off injured on 85 minutes we sat too deep and had our backs to the wall, there was only one outcome ... and then it happened.

QPR fans tonight ...

Rodney, Ranger4ever and ELLERS like this.
  18. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

For me its Smith's immobility that hinders us. Without the ball, defending from the front is just left to Wells. Smith cant close full backs down, it takes him an eternity!! I just think we tend to go long with him on the pitch and then when he's off it we actually get in better crossing positions to put more balls in. It's a catch 22

Rodney and rangercol like this.
  19. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

With true respect to the many in this world who've suffered truly horrible things but have had a minor episode of PTSD over last 24 hours. Did not look on here last night as just too depressing. Called one of my lads and we agreed that neither of us wanted to chat.

First half we were just tired and second best to everything. 9s is right in highlighting their cost and, therefore, attendant quality but we were too knackered to even try. Their first was all too easy and, frankly, our equaliser was against the run of play which only made it doubly welcome.

The tackle by Livermore was a shocker and would have ended in a red card in the majority of PL games.

SM earned his keep at HT because we did come out much brighter in the second half and made many more chances. There was some booing when Pav was called off but the subs did seem to make a difference.

Wonder of wonders, QPR get awarded a penalty. Tomer gives a masterclass in penalty taking and sends the home crowd into ecstasy.

After Luke hobbles off, we have to play about 7 to 8 mins with 10 men. Thus began the bombardment of the QPR goal. That was inevitable but we were still naive on the few times that we did have the ball. Lumley walks to the nearest part of his box to take the goal kick, no attempt to go to the corner and on one occasion we had a chance to pass to BOS who was in space but ball was just hoofed directly to their player and I think the goal came from that play. I know we did not see much of the ball during that time but we panicked when we did and that cost us 2 points.

I've been a bit of an apologist for the much maligned Joel Lynch but he displayed some technical ineptitude last night and certainly a night to forget for him!

Immensely frustrating and depressing night. Can't say I'm looking forward to Boro away and then Leeds at home.

Hope the lads and SM and team can sort this out.

mcytiger, daverangers, Rodney and 2 others like this.
  20. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

We look absolutely knackered. Smith is getting some unfair stick as he's looked and been our most dangerous player of late. But last night he could have done with being rested, but Hemed isn't fit either. Maybe we should have rotated more for these games, Bright should be worth a go and Manning has been keeping the bench warm ever since he came back.