1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Sheffield United

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Aug 9, 2018.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Yes mate, I do.

sb_73 likes this.
  2. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Really? Many would, I think.

When we had Derry and Faurlin, Ale played further forward than Derry didn't he?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Not talking about you mate just a general comment. :emoticon-0148-yes:

WBA2_QPR3 likes this.
  4. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Trying not to negative but if the fans could clearly see where we need strengthening long before the start of the season then management would have had to have been blind not to. I suspect there were plans i.e. Sainsbury which didn't come off & as such were in a little bit of panic mode with who's left available either as loan or out of contract. Clearly if we don't strengthen it'll be a long season.

Goldhawk-Road and QPR Oslo like this.
  5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Agree, but what I find worrying apart from our known lack of cover at the back and goals up front, is the way we have been out fought in midfield. Luongo and Scowen have not been as sharp as they were much of last season.

6. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

2nd game of season - and we lost. PNE...we never do well up there so maybe that was a predictable result. Sheff Utd at home. Games are usually tight and close.
    How many one here was expecting two out of two wins so far? I wasn't. To be honest I was really expecting the team to hitting top form after two games....well maybe 3.
    Lets have a reality check. We didn't buy. We have a fine to pay. We probably don't look an attractive side to sign for. HOWEVER we d o have potential in soe of teh youngsters. The loan transfer is option still a reality. James Collins - I don't believe has signed for anyone so maybe he could be a good player for us? There are bound to be many THAT could potentially be good for us.
    For those of us that have followed the R's know there are three ways in life:
    1) The Easy way
    2) The difficult way
    and finally
    3) The QPR way which has a bit of difficult way and a lot of if we can screw it up we will way
    Have faith and feel free to give me loads of crap after 15 games and we are stuck at the bottom of the table

UTRs, WBA2_QPR3 and mcytiger like this.
  7. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I actually selected the score of 1-2 on the 'Prediction Thread' but had a change of heart and went for a home win.
    Should of trusted the gut feeling.
    Dam!
    I just wanted to see a goal or two for us and some points on the table.
    The sooner we get a win, the better we will all feel.
    Hope Steev leaves the drinking to us fans.

UTRs, Hoop-Leif and kiwiqpr like this.
  8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

When do the panic loans start

Didley Squat likes this.
  9. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

If we had a plan, then you would expect the first of the loan signings to be sorted by the end of this week. Let’s see. The worry is some of the names are leaking out before the deals are done (as far as we know) and when that happens we seem to get gazumped.

10. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Elsewhere yesterday, but just watched the highlights on Quest this morning. The penalty was a dreadful mistake. Their first goal looked offside but there wasn't a 6 yard line camera to prove it, both goals counted, so that's that.

Highlights really don't help you understand the flow of a game, but the goals... meh.

Eze looked good to watch yesterday on the basis of the highlights, didn't he?

11. rangercol

I would say that's the perfect example of two holding to allow the three behind the forward, particularly Taarabt, to interchange and be more offensive.
    Look, all systems have fluidity and change shape as the game dictates, so no one is right or wrong, but a classic 4-2-3-1 has two holding.
    Scowan was left to do doggies all over the pitch yesterday because he was alone in front of the back four.
    I don't think we're good enough to be that open and as I said previously, a change in system would help get Eze on the ball more.

12. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I think our problem is we don't have a Faurlin-type player to operate that system effectively, as well as an Adel to take advantage of it. We simply have too many players that are not very comfortable in possession and that, more than anything is why we will struggle this season. In the first half we were giving away possession far too easily...

QPR Oslo likes this.
  13. rangercol

On the subject of highlights, is there no Championship highlights programme on 5 or somewhere?

14. rangercol

Which is why I think we need to get Eze on the ball as much as possible. He will make things happen.

15. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

No Col, it's moved to a channel called Quest. Similar format, still Colin Murray and this weeks guest was Olly.

16. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Would of loved to be a fly on the wall.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

I was alarmed having now looked at the Preston game that there were a lot of gaps for PNE to run into
    I agree the deep midfielder if just sitting is up against it if the other midfielders aren’t pressing
    Other teams will always be able to pass around this ... big gaps no chance of second balls

Sounds like the team is set up to attack attack attack which maybe the brief

Using these youngsters it could well be the best form of defence

Not sure any of us will make head or tail of it until we get three points. Once that happens I could see us expressing ourselves and things get loose .... same as that Eze lad is playing.

Look at our mate Taarabt he never cared about tactics and plays his way ... that year you could smell the fear of the other teams esp at LR

I think SM is right 8 games in the future with hopefully full expression we may see fear from other teams or of course we may continue to looked upon as a easy touch

Doesn’t appear that we are getting turned over. Losing 1-4 to Leeds at home in your first game for Lampard looks a lot more worrying to me. By the accounts I have seen they were thrashed and that’s with experienced Derby players .

So I hope we build from the bottom at QPR

They will never see us coming

At last we are rock bottom and all seem adjusted on here ... ambition gone

It’s far more exciting and satisfying to build from nowt ... Chuck TF in the cellar and we go again

18. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Exactly look at the gaps exposed there
    We all know away from home it’s tighten first

19. rangercol

Cheers

20. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

We really need Luongo to turn up for games if even mid table obscurity is the goal this season. Of the entire squad only he and possibly Freeman and Eze have real quality. Last season was his best for us (although still very mixed) but he has started this in a similar vein to the performances we have seen all too often before. He failed to provide the link up play between defence and attack we so obviously need and as a result we gave up possession way too easily. I've also heard about us playing a decent midfield pressing game in pre-season but that was completely lacking yesterday and United must have been amazed how much time they had on the ball and how easy it was to retain possession. I think he flatters to deceive with the high work-rate so often quoted by his fans, his impact on the game is what matters and the main impact from yesterday was dawdling on the ball on the edge of the area before United's equaliser. I know he can do better and it often may well be tactics rather than the player at fault but unless his quality is applied usefully we may as well have Smith on from the start and just play a long ball game.

QPR Oslo likes this.