1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Bolton Wanderers

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 15, 2018.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

At the end of that report he ( Andy Hillman ) says ... 'Bolton allowed QPR to do practically as they pleased, and aside from launch it long to Smith, there was very little guile from QPR before the introduction of Smyth and Eze.'

I didn't see any evidence of that unless one of our defenders were clearing their lines under pressure. I even remarked to the fellow sitting in front of me that at least we were trying to play football and the hoof ball to Smith was mainly absent.

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just from the highlights you could see that we were getting crosses in from decent positions and you don’t get that from punting it. Looked rather encouraging.

3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

It was encouraging, you could see that they were not looking to play it long to Smith and tried to play it through the middle on the deck before trying to get it wide for the cross. There was one moment in the first half when Luonginho turned into Neymar and shimmied past three players with a dazzling bit of skill. This game was a complete contrast to when we played Barnsley.
    I think some of the angst from talking to mates in the pub afterwards was that we didn't score sooner so they couldn't relax. I personally knew a goal was coming even without the sending off. Other than Bolton's couple of chances we controlled the whole game.

4. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

True. From the Offy highlights it looks like one-way traffic, which it was not. However, the good news is that we did create many chances and for once, the crosses seemed decent, and even very good.

The area to improve is the conversion rate of all these chances / crosses to goals, i.e. our goal efficency in-front of goal.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

I preferred this guys work with Depeche Mode.