1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Aston Villa

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Don't think he's on loan is he? Just got a six month deal didn't he? I'd definitely be extending.

2. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep till 31st Jan......
    Keep him on to help develop furlong and kakay..

Frome-Ranger likes this.
  3. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

In the words of a big brand "I'm loving it"..............so proud of my team

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Is he the new Ryan Nelsen?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

QPR999 and kiwiqpr like this.
  6. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Great player and growing into matches
    Getting better each match for me
    Has so much time and was better than Grenlish who himself is a very good player

7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Agreed, scoring goals isn't a measure of how effective Eze is. The havoc and panic he creates in defences, direction and speed he gives to our attack is unmeasurable. Probably over a third to half of our goals have come from Eze in one way or another. Yes, I would like him to score a few more too, but that will come with time, afterall he hit the post both on Friday and against Ipswich (I think). He certainly needs to become a little calmer in 1 on 1 positions, but again that will come, the more it happens and it will.
    He also takes so much pressure off Freeman. If Eze wasn't in the team defenders would be doubling up on our other creative player and kicking him off the field. Freeman is playing well because of Eze. Eze sees balls that others don't and everyone benefits

Also if he was the complete player, we would definately lose him in January, whilst he has things to learn , he may stay for us to enjoy.

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I hope Amit is not tempted to cash in on Eze or Freeman in January, to destabilise the team after what we've been through would be foolish in the extreme...

Hoop-Leif, QPRski, Rodney and 2 others like this.
  9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

His first touch is absolutely superb, which is what gives him that extra time on the ball.

10. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. That to me is the sign of quality. Scholes was the master of that and if Eze could be half the player he was then the world could be his oyster.

NorwayRanger and rangercol like this.

11. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Clive's match report ...

QPR go three for three at expense of Villa and Terry - Report

Sunday, 28th Oct 2018 13:16 by Clive Whittingham

QPR crowned a fantastic week by making it three wins and three clean sheets from three matches with a 1-0 televised win against Aston Villa at Loftus Road on Friday.

There’s something stirring down Shepherd’s Bush way. Queens Park Rangers, three wins and three clean sheets in a week, two points shy of the play-offs and looking pretty bloody splendid doing it.

The third in that sequence was by far the toughest, at home to Aston Villa on Friday night. The Birmingham-based side may have started the season poorly and already worked their way through one manager (sending Steve Bruce on his way with nothing but a cabbage to the back of the head by way of thanks), they may have marooned themselves with a top heavy squad lacking centre backs after three seasons of Supermarket Sweep-style transfer activity, and they may have been on run of one win from five coming into the game... but this is a team with plenty to call upon. On Friday they had a winger that Everton paid £25m for and one of three strikers they have splashed £12m on in the last couple of years only on the bench. Another eight-figure buy, Jonathan Kodija, led the line with the obligatory Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham. Even pushing the boat out as far as Tomer Hemed and Nahki Wells, these are nice shiny things to which our access has long since been cut off.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48917

12. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

I heard Bircham talking about Eze on Talksport on the way to the game.
    He said he doesn't have tricks as such
    He can just glide past defenders without a trick which is true if you watch for it.
    He seems unbelievably smooth and fast over 2 or 3 metres
    As well as excellent control, quick brain,quick feet

13. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Seven clean sheets from 11 is a pretty amazing statistic for our team and says a lot, to me, about the work of the management team and the players to make themselves a difficult team to break down. All last season we (well, definitely me) were crying out for a settled defensive line; but the continued chopping and changing would never give us that. This season we are seeing the benefits of not only a solid keeper and backline, but also players in the rest of the team who recognise their duties in defending too. The results are there to see. Credit has to go to the coaching team in achieving this and getting the team to take it on; fortunately the results have increased belief and acceptance in their wider responsibilities to each other - or as we call it solid teamwork. Loving the run and long may it, and the confidence, continue.

14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

To be fair we had a lot of injuries at the back last season.

15. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

FROM THE VILLA WEB SITE
    https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/10/29/five-things-we-learned-qpr-away

Queens Park Rangers 0-1 Aston Villa: 5 things we learned

1. We can't count
    2. We are unclear of the rules of football, and what a goal in our net means
    3. We shouldn't write articles if we weren't actually at the match and do not know the score
    4. We should employ a copy checker
    5. We are a tadge stupid

Rodney and Hoop-Leif like this.
  16. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

lol. They were nice about SM!

qprbeth likes this.
  17. Sooperhoop

You may recall when Schteeve was coaching under Redkrapp at the start of the Play-Off season we were pretty tight at the back, I think Rob Green went a ridiculous number of minutes without conceding a goal when we had Dunne marshalling our back line so he clearly believes in building from the back, sound footballing strategy...

SW Ranger and Sudbury Hoop like this.
  18. Sooperhoop

How long since we've had such defensive presence?...

19. Rangerw9

Rangerw9 Well-Known Member

It’s the base of any decent side. Considering we lost our keeper and two first choice centre half’s it pretty amazing tbh. The test will be how we react now to going a goal down . The side has great balance at the moment , something we never seemed to manage under olly . Speaking to villa fans on the train home and they basically said we did a number on them and were impressed. Other neutrals who watched the game said we looked solid and dangerous. Great to hear these comments. Sign of a decent coach to me and exactly what we needed .

20. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've been browsing a few of their forums and OMG as the yoof of today would say, their sense of entitlement is unreal, they are really just engaging in big club mentality and believe that they just have to turn up and teams will roll over to have their tummies tickled.........

Only 1 or 2 actually gave us any credit and most seem to buy into Smith's assertion that they should have won comfortably as they played all the football and missed a hatfull of clear cut chances, they must have been watching a different game to me.......it's all well and good putting together 450+ passes but if the majority are in the middle 3rd of the pitch it's really passing for passing sake, no end product and if the opposition score more than you, you lose.......

A number talked about consolidating this season and then being able to have a right good go next season, obviously FFP hasn't reached Birmingham yet!!!!!!