1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Sheff Utd

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Oct 30, 2017.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Due to Mrs Nines being hospitalised on Sunday I may well not be about or have the time tomorrow to do the match day thread. Among hospital visits, walking the dog and my two daughters still being on half term as well as the other everyday household chores it might be a bit of a stretch to get on here or even get to the game. If someone on here can take up the reigns I'd be grateful. I do realise it's a thankless and time consuming task and it may be a case of our board members concocting a rather rudimentary thread amongst yourselves which could be fun in itself.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

That’s bad news mate, hope it’s not too serious. Take care.

mapleranger and QPR999 like this.
  3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Cheers Stan, this wasn't meant as a needy thread. I should've closed it as I posted it. My wife feared the worse as the pain she was experiencing she thought she had colon cancer. Ironically she works at the Royal Marsden where she unfortunately sees a lot of these symptoms. We are awaiting the test results and hopefully it's diverticular disease. The staff and personnel at Kingston hospital have been excellent. Amazing people, we are so fortunate to have them.

4. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

My very best wishes, Nines.

QPR999 likes this.
  5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

should he get the chance 9s will take over
    until then bear with me

TUE, 31 Oct 2017Championship
    QPR19:45Sheff Utd
    Venue: Loftus Road Stadium
    Queens Park Rangers v Sheffield United
    please log in to view this image

Conor Washington is QPR's joint-top scorer this season with four goals, alongside Matt Smith
    Click here for live text coverage on Tuesday 19:00-22:15 GMT
    Queens Park Rangers centre-back Joel Lynch serves a one-match ban after picking up his fifth caution of the season in the 2-1 win against Wolves.
    Defenders Nedum Onuoha (hamstring), Grant Hall and James Perch (both knee) remain sidelined.
    Sheffield United midfielder John Fleck is also suspended after picking up five yellow cards this season.
    Blades boss Chris Wilder has no new injuries to deal with as his side seek a fourth successive league win.
    Match facts
    • QPR have not lost any of their past five home league meetings with the Blades (W2 D3) since a 1-0 defeat in August 2004.
    • Sheffield United did, however, win on their last visit to Loftus Road in January 2015, winning 3-0 in the FA Cup as a League One side when the Hoops were in the Premier League.
    • Billy Sharp scored a hat-trick the last time he faced QPR as a Sheffield United player, netting a treble in August 2008. However, Sharp has only found the net once in his past 12 league games in London, scoring at AFC Wimbledon last September.
    • QPR striker Matt Smith has scored 75% of his league goals with his head this season (3 of 4). In fact, no Championship player has scored more headed goals than Matt Smith so far this term (3 - also Britt Assombalonga).
    Queens Park rangers v Sheffield United: Wilder accepts Blades have ‘target on their back’ as leaders Chris Wilder feels his table-topping Sheffield United side are now a prized scalp for the rest of the Championship.
    The Blades moved to the summit of the second tier for the first time in a dozen years on Friday night with victory at Leeds United. Wolverhampton Wanderers losing 24 hours later at Queens Park Rangers, who host Wilder’s men tonight,
    and Cardiff City being held to a goalless draw by Millwall means United are still there four days later. “We have a target on our backs and every game is a significant one because we are top,” said Wilder. “I said all last week if we beat Leeds and went top then it would be up to us to handle it. “There are no egos in this dressing room.
    No backwards steps will be taken. This is an important period up to Christmas and we want to keep the hammer down.”Considering how merited Friday night’s victory at Elland Road had been, Wilder surprised many by criticising his side in the immediate aftermath of the derby. Some saw his words as an attempt to keep his players grounded after the euphoria of moving to the top of the Championship table.“I wasn’t playing mind games with anyone,” said Wilder, whose only absentees for the trip to Loftus Road are Ched Evans and Kieron Freeman. “I am too old for that. “I just talk in an honest and open way.

There have to be reminders, as to what we are about. It was an honest assessment of our second-half performance. We turned the ball over too many times.“The players have set standards and I have to drive them on.”United will face a Rangers side buoyed by their 2-1 win over Wolves in a fixture that Wilder took advantage of his blank weekend to watch live.“Two good committed sides going for it,” is the 50-year-old’s assessment of what he saw.
    “Wolves are favourites for the division and everyone talks about their investment. But QPR were full value for the win and created chances.
    “Ian Holloway is an outstanding manager and a proud man, a really good guy, and they will be wanting to turn us over, as they did Wolverhampton Wanderers. We have to front up to that challenge.“We are enjoying it right now, but these results mean we have that target on our back. You can only work hard to change things and that is what we do as a football club. We are grounded and respect the game. “This period is a great one for us at the moment, we can’t get away from that. But there is a long way to go. Plus, January and a big window is looming. We want to move the club forward.”
    After tonight’s trip to west London, United will sign off ahead of the international break by hosting Hull City this coming weekend. “This is a relentless league and we have two big games coming up before the international break,” added Wilder. “We want to round off the month at QPR with a good result.”
    Last six games

QPR DDLDDW

Sheffield United WWLWWW.

Referee: K Stroud (Hampshire).

Last time: QPR 0 Sheffield United 3; January 4, 2015; FA Cup.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...ave-target-on-their-back-as-leaders-1-8832054

Luongo: Let's take the Wolves win on to Sheffield United

QPR have a chance to follow up their form when they welcome Sheffield United to Loftus Road on Tuesday

From being without a win in seven, to beating the side who topped the league before the weekend, it’s little wonder Massimo Luongo hailed QPR’s win over Wolves as the best of the season.
    But with the new Championship leaders Sheffield United to come on Tuesday night, the Australian midfielder is rallying his team to repeat the trick and keep the momentum high.
    Five of the R’s last seven games had been draws, a result which looked likely once again when locked at 1-1 heading into the final ten minutes.

But Matt Smith’s 81st-minute header consigned Wolves to just a third defeat of the season, propelling Rangers into 14th in the process.
    Now the challenge is to replicate the feat, with Luongo hopeful the team can keep the momentum going into another mercurial clash at Loftus Road.

READ MORE: Holloway labels Wolves clash a great challenge

“We were all over the moon after the game,” he said. “I think it’s the best we’ve played this season.
    “We were all giving each other a pat on the back because we know we deserved that win, we really did.
    “The big test for us now is to replicate that performance Tuesday night.
    “I think we can. Everyone is on board and has bought into what we want to do. Everyone here wants to do better and improve.
    “The performances are there. What we did against Wolves we have actually been doing for the past five or six weeks but Saturday was probably the best we have done it.”

the girls of shepherds bush

sheffields finest

if staceys there say hello from me

6. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I hope Mrs 9s gets well soon.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

oh come on mate
    the threads not that bad
    <badger><badger>

8. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Kiwi, it's usually me that posts the pictures of our opposition beauties, but I take my hat off to you sir! Those are real gompers!!!

Tramore Ranger, Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

All the best mate, hope she gets good news...

QPR999 likes this.
  10. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that news Nines - trust Mrs Nines is on the up & up soon.

QPR999 likes this.

11. MelburnIAN

MelburnIAN Well-Known Member

Best wishes to Mrs 999s

12. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

All the best mate

QPR999 likes this.
  13. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

All the best to Mrs Nines from Down Under.

QPR999 likes this.
  14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Wishing a speedy and complete recovery Mrs Nines!

QPR999 likes this.
  15. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this, Nines. I hope she gets good news and peace of mind soon. It’s clear that you and your family are very much the good guys, so I’m sure you’ll get the positive outcome you deserve. Best wishes.

QPR999 likes this.
  16. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Hope the news is good 999s, sure it will be. Best wishes to your wife.

17. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Areceli Gonzalez doesn't sound a very West London name Kiwi....are you absolutely sure she is a Shepherd's Bush girl????

Tramore Ranger, SingRs and kiwiqpr like this.
  18. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your wife Nines. I hope that it's nothing too serious and that she makes a speedy recovery.

QPR999 likes this.
  19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

All the best mate. Hope everything is ok.

QPR999 likes this.
  20. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Hope the missus gets better soon 9's.
    Kingston is a great hospital (my son was born there) so good to know she's being taken good care of. Keep your head up under all those chores mate! Best wishes.

QPR999 likes this.