1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Norwich City. Sat 24th April ko 1500 hrs

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Bure budgie, Apr 22, 2021.

?

Where will the points go.

Poll closed Apr 25, 2021.
  1. Canaries

88.9%
  2. QPR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No where

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reading

11.1%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Can you go away please you boring simpleton

2. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Who wanted ColUMike back?

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  3. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

This isn't a good look. DD has clearly got you wound around his little finger at this point. You're running around our board desperately trying to argue with him.

He doesn't care. None of us care. The only person who very clearly cares here is you.

Just give it up. Go back to a Watford board. Tell them all how wrong Norwich fans are. They will be happy to hear it. They will care at least a little as much as you currently do.

ncgandy, RiverEndRick and zogean_king like this.
  4. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

I've been chatting quite happily on the Watford board, they're an ok bunch. Dunc just wound a few of them up with some unwarranted comments about their team. We lost to them ( and Bournemouth) in the wake of our promotion. They just needed the points more than we did. I'm sure the games would have gone differently had we been fighting to cross the line. That's not a criticism of our team btw, they've done brilliantly. Some people seem to think that to support one side you need to hate every other.

5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Resentment is also more likely against a team which has just beaten us.

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

This is the QPR thread on the Norwich board.

Nobody hates every other team you are projecting, I am just not interested with this guy stinking up our threads with essays about how great Watford are and insisting criticism of their style of play is tantamount to blasphemy.

The guy lost any credibility when he started calling us inbreds .

Go back to the Watford board with your new friend and bitch about Norwich all you like .

The rest of us have moved on to discussing QPR and Reading now.

7. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Pram, toys, exit .

zogean_king likes this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

It's not illegal to see patterns Rick , the pattern I noticed watching Watford is that they tend to play physical ugly football and after looking into it they have picked up more yellows than any other side and second most fouls .

It worked against us in both games no complaints they won .

There are other managers and teams that I would brand as physical that win ugly .

All Allardyce and Pulis sides , Leeds back in the day Millwall even Ipswich had a reputation for playing ugly football .

I should be free to comment on our own team board where obviously we are going to be biased when discussing our opponents.

I don't know what the Watford fan is trying to achieve by trying to engage and I have quite bluntly told him I'm not interested , we have moved on .

There is probably some resentment from Watford fans that believe they should be in first position not little old Norwich and that would be their perogative, other opposing fans probably think we are a side that falls over too easily and cheats to win fouls .

Cantwell and Buendia sometimes look a bit theatrical, who cares we all have different opinions.

We have got through 44 games without any stupid pointless bickering with other boards so if the Watford fan or Farked19 try to carry on with this pointless nonsense I'll just put them on ignore as it's got extremely tedious now.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  9. DUNCAN DONUTS

Not sure why you insist on your **** stirring or care so I'm going to pop you on ignore now .

10. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

That wasn't a dig at you, Dunc, as I was talking generally. I tend to end up hating any team that beats us in the aftermath of a match. It was a much longer list last year with only Newcastle and Leicester escaping my wrath! <laugh>

zogean_king likes this.

11. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I mentally boo Muscat on TV every time I see him in Australia for breaking Bellamy's leg, but meh I tend not to dwell too much on other teams. If they beat us, oh well we better find a way of beating them next time.

I care about Norwich and to a lesser extent Kings Lynn and other East Anglian clubs and Carlisle. Carlisle is random because they kept on escaping relegation to the conference for years so I decided they needed to be supported. Oh and Wycombe due to my cat.

12. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Wycombe and cats??
    What's the story there buddy?

13. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

14. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was only initially trying to counter what seemed an unreasonable assessment of WFC's style of play. And the snarky comments that dropped onto our board in the first place - which I thought were worth challenging. I quite enjoyed the stats debate - and learned something. I realise that there people for whom no amount of reasoned statements will make any difference. I've just met one it seems. Maybe I also seem like one of those. I hope not. I certainly wouldn't criticise NCFC's style of play, as I haven't seen enough of it. I don't think I have criticised NCFC's style of play. ( apart from hinting that they might be considered a 2 man team Buendia & Pukki - but that was just expressing an alternative view). The stupid comment about inbreeding was .... stupid.
    Anyway,I am departing. I trust we have 2 games to enjoy next season, (with the same result of course - but I hope I'm allowed to say that).

Phuketcanary and Canary Spring like this.
  15. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Glad it's not just me. His face in the dug out for A.league games wound me up. I was sat behind a BMW with the rego MUSC4T in Melbourne once and had to take a deep breath. No one else in football has this effect on me. :steam:

zogean_king and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  16. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

Why, does he keep wandering off?

zogean_king likes this.
  17. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Oh and Wycombe due to my cat.
    Sorry but I need an explanation :emoticon-0112-wonde

DHCanary likes this.
  18. DUNCAN DONUTS

Muscat will never be forgiven for that disgusting tackle on Bellamy.

One of the best talents to come out of our academy a little boy with bags of talent and goals and that bastard purposely hospitalised him , he was never the same since and the rest of his career was blighted by injury.

Pretty sure Wolves went on to beat us in that game too .

Big Iwan got him back by stomping on him but he was one of the dirtiest players to ever play in English football.

19. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Iwan wasn't that bad <whistle>

20. DUNCAN DONUTS