1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR still want Hoilett return

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Eamon Holmes, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

By David Mac

QPR still want Junior Hoilett to return to Loftus Road.

Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hoped the Canadian winger would sign a new deal when his contract expired during the summer.

Hoilett, 26, made it clear straight after the end of last season that he was keen to leave and had no intention of re-signing ...

... http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-junior-hoilett-return-110374?

2. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

He thinks he's too good for our club. Can't see that changing. If he's forced to come back because he's not wanted in the upper tier, he may be resentful.

So not for me.

durbar2003 likes this.
  3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He's **** and we don't need him.

4. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Did he take the club towels or something?

5. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

We never learn it seems - what were the sum achievements of this man's brief 4 year spell with us again?
    Absolute dog ****e player with limited to no talent - poor control, cannot go past a man, poor in the tackle, shots to goal ratio poor, poor crossing, doesn't have an engine to get up and down, apart from all that, Mr. Hoilett has all the attributes of being a top level footballer.
    Which is why so many Premiership and top Championship clubs have been chumping at the the bit to take on a fantastic, no risk punt on this fribee in a crazy over inflated market.
    Les Ferdinand is about as good a Director of football as his brother was a defender.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Relax. We've not signed him.

Yet.

7. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

WE ONLY WANT PLAYER'S WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR QPR IRRESPECTIVE OF SKILL (Or lack.of it).

8. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

The reason I do not want him back is only the part "doesn't have an engine to get up and down,".
    The way we are playing currently is that even the lone striker has to defend, Polter makes defensive tackles...they all do. That takes a lot of fitness, which JFH has got the team into. Hoillet cannot attain that level of fitness to play in that team...He will always be 2 months behind...and that is assuming he wants to buy into the concept, which on pass form he will not. Therefore...he will be an expensive luxury....and the rest of the team will not respond positively to a player not pulling his weight

StortfordQPR and KPDHoopster like this.
  9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

He would have to take a hefty pay cut but I doubt if anyone is going to pay him the wages he was on for four years with us.

10. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm surprised that no one has recruited Hoilett and that probably tells you all you need to know. The club could use his wages to recruit two or three players in January if necessary.

11. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

The interesting thing on that article is the poll at the end. Apparently, 56% want him to return. I voted for him to return but Hoilett would have to agree a huge reduction in wages and perform like he did at the end of last season. I think he would be an asset to the squad.

Staines R's likes this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

He is a reminder of (even) worse times, though he's always seemed to be nearly a very good player. No thanks, I'd rather see Shodipo, though he has learned the turn back and pass inside trick pretty quickly.

13. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

If he will knuckle down and accept the contract terms still on the table he could be a useful team asset as he can score some spectacular goals, create goals with his crosses - Wembley OBZ magic moment, courtesy of Richard Keogh - chasing lost causes (St. Jude), win penalty kicks (Wigan semi-final playoff), notwithstanding total bamboozling the opposition's defensive ranks.

14. Bwood_Ranger

Zesh Rehman had a good game for us once too.

Wherever and Uber_Hoop like this.
  15. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Certainly, his spell at QPR was disappointing: he was a very good player when he joined and seemed to have potential to develop further. During his time with us, he wasn't and he didn't! Nevertheless, he always seemed to panic the opposition when he ran at them, ball at feet. This made space for other players but, all too often there was a lack of worthwhile end product. Overall, he was a useful squad member but, on his wages, we had every right to expect more.

He showed what he could do during his last 6 months with us. The cynics say this was purely to earn a new contract, with us or elsewhere. I don't subscribe to that view: I think the management and the environment was, at long last, more favourable for a player of his talents.

He's a free agent, so there's no transfer fee, and for the right (much lower) wages, I'd welcome him back, in the knowledge that there would be a very good chance he could reproduce and maintain his most recent, excellent form.

micnorwil, WalsallHoop and QPR Oslo like this.
  16. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

can't we offer him a performance based salary. ie Give him a game, and we all vote on how much it is worth? And can you do this in pounds sterling? If not enough of us agree then maybe we take the average. ...Could work in his favour as well as it will get his name once again in the Sports Pages of the press and maybe could get him the transfer he wants. He is probably a multi millionaire so probably doesn't need the cash as much as the rest of us.
    Just a thought

17. Bwood_Ranger

Sorry, find this whole post quite staggering. He played for us for four years and was worse than useless for 3 1/2 of them and in virtually all of his Prem appearances. It's really no coincidence his form marginally improved towards the end and we now have a plethora of wide players.

18. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear you're not a fan Watford.

The West London Sport poll is currently 55% in favour of him returning so the majority of QPR fans (at the moment) disagree with your opinion.

19. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Sorry to stagger you Watford! I thought it quite a balanced post, recognising the undoubted negatives but seeing some value in what he contributed and, more importantly, what he might contribute going forward. In terms of bangs per buck, he'd certainly offer more if he re-signed on a much lower wage and reproduced his form of the last 6 months!

We'll have to disagree on this one but I see from the poll that I am in the (narrow) majority.

QPR Oslo and finglasqpr like this.
  20. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Don't think we need him, he obviously thinks he is too good for us, fine go and prove it somewhere else. Did nothing a hooped shirt.