1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR star named as one of the best goal scorers in world football

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 20, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

QPR star named as one of the best goal scorers in world football
    please log in to view this image
    Queens Park Rangers forward Eduardo Vargas has been ranked in the top 20 goals scorers in world football for 2104 according to figures released by IFFHS. The list is based on the number of goals that a player has scored for their club and country in the past year. The rankings put Vargas in 19th position in a list including the likes Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Neymar.
    IFFHS have released the final standings for 2014 with Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo topping the rankings with twenty goals in 2014 ahead of Barcelona’s Neymar who netted on nineteen occasions during the calendar year. The goals are based on intentional matches and games in club confederation competitions. This puts Vargas at a disadvantage because of QPR’s non participation in Europe and therefore his top 15 ranking has come through his goals for his country Chile.
    Vargas has scored 8 goals in the past year in accordance to the criteria set out by IFFHS. His main source of goals has come through playing for Chile in which he has netted 6 times. He scored the opener in his countries’ famous win against Spain during the World Cup this summer and his last international goals came in October when he scored a brace in a friendly against Peru.
    It was his performances for his country and especially in the World Cup that brought him to the attention of QPR and prompted the Premier League side to sign him on loan in the last transfer window. Vargas other 2 goals came playing for Valencia in last season’s Europa League after the Chilean helped the Spanish side to the semi finals of the competition.

2. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I wonder how many others on the top 20 list are played as wingers?

3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of this player. I love his application, speed and agility in the air. If he could score a few more for us, that would be even better!

CamchatkaFC likes this.
  4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Dam, I was sure it would have been SWP.
    Still shaking my head!
    Vargas, who would of thought?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

send the OP to Arry

6. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

Yep I would have looked for a midfielder and put Vargas up with Austin … I suppose he wants him in the side so he plays wide right and he does work well with Isla
    See the logic but there again we could of got Beausejour very cheaply and he would have slotted in great IMO Knows the english game very good still and would have meshed well with Isla and Vargas who could then play up the field

Vargas need to be in the bloody box Harold you tit

sb_73 likes this.
  7. kingdom hoop

kingdom hoop Active Member

was in the box on sat and soiled his khaks.

Swords Hoopster. likes this.