1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR player needs to find new club: Harry

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 9, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR player needs to find new club: Harry
    No future for SWP says manager
    please log in to view this image

Takers? Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Shaun Wright-Phillips has been told to quit QPR by his boss - and revive his career at a club where he will get games.
    The former Manchester City and Chelsea winger has played just once for Rangers all season - and only 78 minutes of that in the abject 1-0 defeat to fourth tier Burton in the League Cup back in August.
    The 33-year-old was offered a chance to go to Bolton on loan but turned it down, and is seemingly content to see out the rest of his four-year deal on close to £70,000-a-week that expires in the summer.

Joy: Wright Phillips (L) and Adel Taarabt celebrate after beating Chelsea 1-0 in 2013
    Wright-Phillips is not a moment’s bother to manager Harry Redknapp, unlike Adel Taarabt, equally available for loan but unfit, but the manager agrees SWP's hefty pay packet is way beyond the means of most clubs outside the top flight.
    “Big wages a problem? Absolutely,” said the manager, “and getting some players out is not easy; with Adel I can’t get him fit. If he was, he’d been in my squad.
    “Shaun works and trains hard enough, but I think he needs to go and play somewhere

KooPeeArr likes this.
  2. South Africa Road Block F

Even if he went somewhere and we subsidised his wages at least that would be something. If he really is just happy getting paid each week for doing nothing then shame on him, he's obviously lost the desire. I can see him switching to the MLS in the summer to join his brother.

3. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Worst value for money ever?

4. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

He's been more than happy to do nothing for 70k a week for years.

Farcical situation that should never have transpired.

Hope we can somehow off-load him and the Fat-Wastrel a.s.a.p.

5. TimPR78

TimPR78 Well-Known Member

Well done Harry you have come to that conclusion now? While there is debate over certain players futures at Loftus Road, I doubt you would find anyone with a right mind who wouldn't have said this 2 years plus ago. Thank for the goal against the scum SWP but apart from that you have provided nothing, enjoy the US

6. rebel not taken

rebel not taken Active Member

Adel in squad for Burnley..

7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

He's not good enough for the MLS.

8. Ciarrai_Abu

4 year contract costing £14.5m :emoticon-0106-cryin

I said he was **** at the time we signed him......told you so!

9. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

I dont think there would have been too many ppl that thought signing SWP was even remotely a good signing.

Pace without any end product.

10. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

About fookin time we got rid, all he's done (apart from goal against scum) is use up a squad place that would have been better used with a cardboard cut-out. So over-rated, WTF was Warnock thinking when he signed him

11. Ciarrai_Abu

You would be surprised. If only I could go back and find that thread. There would be some seriously embarrassed people.

12. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Must confess that I believed (though hooped vision) that it might have been good, now I think why a new club when a baseball bat will do

kiwiqpr likes this.
  13. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Well, certainly wasnt me, always thought he was ****e, I remember my son reading the website, and coming to me laughing, saying that QPR had signed SWP, because I was always hurling abuse at him, previously about being ****e.

14. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

There was a few years where he'd score a fair number of screamers every year so I have no shame in saying I thought it would be a good signing.

In fact, his best spell was with City (first stint) where he got around a goal every six games (with a peak season of one every 3 games). Before he signed for us (his second stint at City) he was still averaging a goal every seven. For us, one every 34.5 games.

QPR don't play wingers but, if they did, they'd be a stumbling, lead-legged, incompetent version of their former selves.

15. KooPeeArr

I think the original fee makes that experiment up to around £20m then (or 11% of our total debt at some stage in the last few months I think).

And once again, I find myself frustrated at Arry's words of wisdom. Works hard and not a minute's bother? I don't ****ing care - for someone that shouldn't be let loose on a matchday squad, I'd be happier with someone that bunked training every day to spend it chasing ducks in the ****ing park as long as they were earning significantly less than 60-70 grand a week, it would be better.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  16. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

SWP's preferred club ...

17. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

I thought he was fantastic in his first game for us. He was like Lionel fooking Messi that night.

Matty, 'Arry's just speaking from a managerial point of view as opposed to a Chairman's. As a squad member who they tried their best to offload, he hasn't caused anyone any trouble unlike Taarabt. He's on a contract that the Club gave him and he trains every day trying to get into the team. It just so happens that he's sh*t. Tony made the cock up here. Its our fault we made such an horrendous signing.

Uber_Hoop, UTRs and Eamon Holmes like this.
  18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

At least Barton puts a shift in and seems to care.

sku likes this.
  19. KooPeeArr

Of course he's hard-working but never gets in the team - that as opposed to the loan offer that apparently he rejected. Why get paid less and have to work weekends eh? All you have to do is keep yourself under the radar, which is the only thing he does do par excellence (since he's shorter than a doormouse in a limbo contest).

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you Matty. Just like Cesar salad, its inconceivable to me why a player would be content just to sit and collect his wages without ever a chance of playing. Its unbelievable.

Still, from a Manager's point of view, he's not much of a problem. Again, I find myself not quite understanding why Harry gets under people's skin when what he says just sounds like common sense to me. The same with his Ched Evans comments yesterday. A very reasonable response to a Journo's question. A lot better than what meat-head Bruce came out with today. Besides, when people do stupid things like our Board did in giving Shaun Phillips such a ridiculous contract, I tend to direct my frustration in that direction rather than anywhere else.

Totally get what you're saying though bro <ok>

Uber_Hoop likes this.