1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR FFP Dispute

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Oct 24, 2017.

1. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0100-smile

2. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, but my problems are no concern of yours.

Lawrence Jacoby and sb_73 like this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

4. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

QPR Oslo likes this.
  5. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

NorwayRanger, qprbeth and QPR Oslo like this.
  6. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A fine piece by Clive and in a way he's right to highlight how wrong it is that clubs are now effectively owned by Countries or Individuals with dodgy backgrounds who's personal wealth dwarfs the GDP of 3rd world countries who continue to spend vast amounts of money to create an elite group. I'm with Stan on the bit about them f**king off to form their own super league, TV viewers in the far east will soon get bored with City v Barcelona for the 4th time this season.......

Anyway this may well kick start our season.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

qprmountmartha, kiwiqpr and UTRs like this.
  7. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

It’s a hornet’s nest and it’s clear that we broke the rules imo

Not going to change my mind there as it’s been the source of my frustration on this forum since I joined

I thought and stated we would sign a 20m player which thankfully we never did but when I said that we were miles out of control then add in Redknapp and I prefer to look back on that era as the darkest time

I genuinely don’t mind where the club has to go and hope the fine is served

Big clubs etc waste of time

You make your own luck

kingdom hoop and UTRs like this.
  8. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

This is seems to becoming a common practice over here with Air Asia.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

10. Rangers Til I Die

Not sure how many ST holder we have but if we could find 15 000 people prepared to fork out £200 per year, and if the EFL were happy to get their money in 20 years, then that's the £60m sorted!
    I'm up for it!

11. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

And the players play for free cos they love the club.

12. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Why should the supporters pay for the total stupidity of the owners? I'd far rather the club were bankrupted and we start from scratch than give a penny to pay for the greedy bastards that have ruined our club...

13. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

I thought they already did that? :emoticon-0138-think

14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The owners all ready wrote off £60 million of loans. Arguably they have been stupid, but greedy? Not with QPR.

GoldhawkRoad, rangercol and Stroller like this.
  15. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

100% one for sure they have not been greedy in any form

This has been a monumental business failure from the get go. Even this post from a old Pratt like me is testament to what the real QPR fans have gone through

I have always said that things out of our control must never destroy the soul of a QPR fan but we all know that it done a good job. Look at us now ... spoilt and often never satisfied ... I termed it infected and on here prefer to joke and lift the spirits whenever possible... what else can anyone do.

It hurts deep down for sure but let the current owners have that pain and challenge. If not as human beings who love football and better still a QPR brand we will ourselves be lost

From a team that was often looked upon as an exiciting stylish second favourite by the nations football fans we have become a bit of a joke and a laugh at the expense of our failures

None of us really have the same passion just when we watch any big team on the box ... that’s just a entertainment product nothing more

That’s the reason I hated my local team of Brighton and still do

No other team has what we have

It’s pure soul to me

Yes I used to live watching Everton and Southampton from yesteryear but our club has an amazing heritage and brand . I hope I got that across to Lee Hoos when I met him and another board members ... I think at last they get it and it’s not their fault the way things have gone

They have a tough job now but we have QPR people at the club and loads of money if required

Where’s there’s a will there’s a way so I am spending any of my brain worrying about **** that hadn’t happened or giving a flying **** about getting into the boredom of the premier league circus

I want the ball out wide to Dave Thomas currently that is Freeman
    I want the Rat the bite in midfield
    I want Gerry Francis to run the game currently Massimo
    We just haven’t got Les playing well yet but patience Sylla is getting there

All I want currently is three points against another classic team Wolves and look at their journey ... total respect for them

Chelsea Man City are not football teams lads so forget about them

16. Rangers Til I Die

Really?!
    Hayes Town as local derby and away trip to East Thurrock where ever that is.
    I'd pay without any hesitation.

17. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

It wasn't Arrys fault...and he is defending us...
    (We have absolutely no chance then....)
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/quee...efends-qpr-after-multi-million-pound-ffp-fine

He said: "I didn't sign [those] players. Julio Cesar and others were all there when I arrived at the club.

"The team I got promoted with, people like Bobby Zamora, Joey Barton, [Armand] Traore, Clint Hill, Rob Green in goal, Nedham Onuoha, they were there already.

"They weren't players that I brought in. They got promoted with a team of players that were already there. It was only one or two signings [that I made]. When we got back to the Premier League, we took loans. We certainly didn't overspend for a Premier League club. Definitely not.

"I don't want to criticise anyone who bought Julio Cesar and others. That's not fair. What I had to do was to try and get them off the wage bill. It was a cutting-back process when I was there and taking people on free transfers and, in lots of cases, having to pay a percentage of their wages to get them off the wage bill."

The concept of FFP was introduced by UEFA to govern the spending of teams in the Champions League and Europa League, with the aim of also increasing parity in domestic competitions. However, Redknapp believes that FFP is behind bigger teams pulling away at the top of the Premier League.

"That's why you've got six teams on a different level to the rest in the Premier League," he said. "The top six teams have got the biggest budgets, the best players and the strongest squads. That's why every year -- apart from one year when Leicester won [the Premier League title in 2016] -- every other year it's the same six teams [in contention].

"I don't know what the solution would be. I don't know how it all works out and what the guidelines to fair play are. That's up to people who run the football club. Managers have very little say in transfer dealings and transfers these days.

"QPR is a great club with great support. I'm sure this will drag on and I don't know the jurisdiction of it all. I don't know how it happened and how it was allowed to happen."

18. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

The headline says 'Harry Redknapp defends QPR', but all he's doing is absolving himself of any blame. When Sir Les was appointed and told 'Arry he had to stop spunking money, his knees got all dodgy and he buggered off. What a ****.

(apologies for the language Beth, but there is no other word for that man)

19. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Blaming Redknapp or Hughes is irrelevant,the blame lies solely on TF for buying these mercanaries and paying them extortionate pay packets..there isnt a manager who wouldnt buy anyone given a huge war chest to spend..Managers manage the team,Management deals with the business..

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I can use a few more similar words too Stroller. I cannot believe I bought in to him as long as I did.
    The man is not just incompetent he is a nasty egocentric self-publicist who has no regard for anyone else

SW Ranger, Ranger4ever and Stroller like this.