1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR Fans forum

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by finglasqpr, Sep 8, 2016.

1. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Just wondering did anybody from here go last night and if so, how did it go?

999's or Beth perhaps?

Is there a future in this type of format? How do these meetings benefit the club and the fans or is it just one big moaning session with free cups of tea thrown in?

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Bet Roller went. My sense from the feedback from recent forums posted on here is that they are positive, open discussions. You'd have to pay me a lot of money to spend an evening at one though.

finglasqpr likes this.
  3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Yes I went to it Fingy. I was going to post on here about it but didn't have time to collate all of the salient questions and answers. The video goes up on YouTube at 7pm this evening.

The evening started off well with some good points made by Hoos, SLF and JFH but there was one point when the microphone was handed to the floor and the first two blokes started going into one. It all became rather bizarre. I wonder if the club will edit those bits out?

Some of the areas covered were the training ground and new stadium (again), getting the fixture list changed so that we don't have to play teams like Newcastle away midweek and visa versa, Loftus Road facilities, the club's scouting, removal of names from STH's seats, Sandro, Ngbakoto, Cole Kpekawa, Furlong, Doughty, Sylla, and the transfer window in general.

Roller rather surprisingly wasn't there.

4. finglasqpr

Thanks very much for the update 999's.

What about the format and what do the club and the fans respectively get out of the evening?

5. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Here it is mate ...

finglasqpr likes this.
  6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Nines. I watched the whole of it, God help me, (there is no God, by the way) and found myself liking JFH more, loving SLF more (as if that were possible) and finding Lee Hoos an unbearable prick. I thought it was just me that felt slighted by the fact that my name had been removed from my seat, but it seems not. This American tosser doesn't get it does he? One of the few (tiny) good things that the club had done over recent years was the names on seats. It cost next to nothing, but gave us a warm feeling of belonging. This **** has ripped that away for the sake of saving a few a few quid and has no shame about it. 'It was that or the toilets'. **** off.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    UTRs and rangercol like this.
  8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Thanks Nines! Good to watch. JFH's comments about giving the team and especially the young players, full support were bang on.

QPR999 likes this.
  9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Due to holidays I've yet to see my seat without my name on it. I understand your sentiment mate. Social media was awash with supporters mocking the evening and criticising the 'names on seats' debate. Some fans love it, others ridicule it. Here's my take on the matter.

The club bang on about rewarding our fans loyalty and try and emphasise this point throughout the video of the fans forum evening. I think Lee Hoos is great at what he does and is an open and approachable bloke but he has got this one wrong. To use the club's new era of austerity by removing fans names from seats is a massive own goal, especially when you take into account that the club were paying SWP £60,000 a week to not play football. To sacrifice this gesture for the sake of a few quid is a kick in the teeth to the common working person. I think he said it cost about £20,000 to do. As there are roughly 10,000 season ticket holders that equates to about £2 a head. They should of at least have been asked if renewing if we were willing to pay for a name on your seat or just added it to the season ticket price and replaced them without the fuss.
    They only removed them because we had the old badge on them. If that wasn't the case they would have left them in situ. They have the cheek to charge us a £3.50 booking fee to stick the cup games on our cards, yet they have sacrificed our names on our seat for such a pittance of money. I'm not overly bothered but my girls like it as I'm sure so many other kids do.

Other than that Lee Hoos is a good man and is steering our club in the right direction. Although he has gauged this one wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if he now realises this and your name will be back on your seat soon without incurring any extra cost, new badge and all.

Stroller likes this.
  10. finglasqpr

Fair play to you for going 999's. Personally, I wouldn't have the patience to listen to some of that stuff more than once. I don't mean the important stuff like who we signed, new stadium/training ground etc. I think the whole name on seats issue is really trivial - sorry Stroller but that's my view on it. The club may have got it wrong and upset some ST Holders but it is not top of the list in terms of important issues affecting the club. We are talking about a bit of plastic stuck on the back of your seat.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    QPR Oslo likes this.

11. Stroller

Welcome back mate, hope you had a great holiday.

QPR999 likes this.
  12. QPR Oslo

I was going to say sucked off too, but now its stucket off! When I first saw names on seats I wrongly thought they must be in memory of supporters no longer with us, like the ones you see on many seats on coastal footpaths. So I was happy they went as part of anything trivial that will save cost now. SWP's wages are totally irelevant to cost cutting now. So when someone starting questioning Hoos on that I nearly switched off, but have a little sympathy with the young kid finding his name gone. But still that 20K or whatever it was is better used improving our young players or the Ellersley toilets as Hoos said.

finglasqpr likes this.
  13. Stroller

It's a totem Finglas and it is important. I'm currently working with a Chelsea season ticket holder who went to the funeral of a QPR-supporting friend who had a photo of his seat name plaque amongst the memorial slideshow. He was moved by it and said you would never get that at Chelsea. We should not lose that.

14. Stroller

You don't get it Oslo.

15. finglasqpr

It is important to you Stroller and I wouldn't criticise how you feel on that.

What I am saying is, you're big issue is not so important to the overall club. I hope that makes sense
    and doesn't offend you.

16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I don't think the name on seats stance should be wasted on a fans forum with the limited time it allows but nevertheless it is relevant to over 50% of our regular fanbase who go week in week out and should be addressed. The club has got so much wrong in recent years it would seem odd that one of the things it got right is instantly dismissed for the sake of a few pennies in the great scheme of things.

I'll try and come back to this issue tomorrow as i'm off to bed now.

Stroller and finglasqpr like this.
  17. Stroller

You just summed it up mate. I'm not important to the club.

18. QPR Oslo

No not really. I always preferred to stand and personally would rip all the f seats out.

19. Stroller

I rest my case.

20. Stroller

Not all names have been removed.

upload_2016-9-11_21-18-50.png