1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR data breach

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Steelmonkey, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Just received this from the club....

SmartSelect_20180816-174148_mailcom.jpg

Just a warning for anyone who doesn't subscribe, careful of any emails you may receive from the clubs accounts, like their Box Office account.

NorwayRanger and Ninj like this.
  2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Evening all,
    Just a quick one for you.
    The QPR Box Office e-mail account has today been breached.
    Can you please read below and communicate wherever possible not to open said e-mail(s)?
    Thanks very much.

Matt

Dear Supporters,

We are writing to inform you that we have today identified that the Box Office e-mail account at QPR had been breached. Some of you may have received potential malicious e-mails from the account, i.e. [email protected], signed off by Sean Tucker. As a precaution, we advise you to not access these e-mails or any attachments sent. We have since frozen this account and are currently investigating the nature of the breach, and if any personal data is at risk.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will update you further once we have more information from our investigations.

Matt Webb

Press & Publications Manager

Ninj, QPRski and Steelmonkey like this.
  3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Ooops, just seen this. I'll merge it with my one.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  4. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting and the “heads-up”.

Ninj likes this.
  5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I gave received the warning mail from the Club as well.

6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Got the e-mail as well. Just another day at QPR...<doh>

UTRs and QPRski like this.
  7. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

When I saw the words data breach in th title of the email I thought it was to do with TF tweeting without clearing it with the media team.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  8. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Another email from the club regarding the data breach......

"We want to provide you with an update on our investigations following our communication yesterday regarding the malicious email warning.

On 16 August 2018, the email account operated by the Box Office, [email protected], was accessed by an unauthorised user. Using this email, the unauthorised user sent out a document signed off as Sean, to supporters who had in the past corresponded with the Box Office team using the [email protected] email address. The Club’s IT Team identified this breach quickly and immediately froze the account.

Any supporters who received the email on 16 August but have not yet opened it, should delete it immediately.

Any supporters who received the email on 16 August and, having opened it, clicked on the link in the email, would have been directed to what purported to be a Microsoft OneDrive website, and if any supporters then further logged into this OneDrive website, please note your login details may have been compromised.

In addition, the unauthorised user may also have had access to historical emails sent by supporters to the [email protected] email address. Some of these emails included payment details sent to purchase tickets. If you have previously sent payment information to the Box Office email, we recommend that you monitor your account statements for evidence of fraud or identity theft and, if you are concerned or notice any suspicious activity on your account, contact your bank or credit card company immediately.

The Club is continuing to investigate this incident and we are liaising with the relevant authorities in this regard.

The Club understands the importance of your personal information and we take the protection of that information very seriously. We are sorry for any inconvenience this incident may cause.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the club’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected].

Please note that any future correspondence with the Box Office should still be directed to and will come from [email protected], as the Club can confirm that the email account is at present secure and can continue to be used."

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just delete anything you receive from the club.

10. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Was the email offering a flimsy membership pack and some discount vouchers a scam? 33.50 for that seems dubious....

I did get the e-mail about the data breach but nothing malicious.

Steelmonkey likes this.

11. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

I have just transferred £10k to an account based in Nigeria. Apparently I'm going to be very rich soon.

Is this a scam?

Shawswood and Steelmonkey like this.