1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR 4 v 0 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

That's enough for me I'm afraid. Call me Mr Plastic but I'm off to do something better with my time. Let's hope we can keep it to single figures!

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

QPR on track for just their second league win since Boxing day...... <steam>

55282 and DragonPhilljack like this.
  3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

At least the Welsh Cockneys are losing to Burnley <cheers>

PGFWhite and DragonPhilljack like this.
  4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

They have hit us hard from the off with a high line pressing game, and as we are usually asleep for the first 20 minutes, it's worked a treat for QPR, this is naive management as I see it, Potter still doesn't seem to do enough home work on the opposition, and Carter Vickers is like a cart horse this game also which is not helping............<ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

James is getting kicked & hacked. Why doesn’t some cvnt put their foot in to protect him.. pussies

6. DragonPhilljack

This is the reason why I expected many yellow cards for this game, seems the ref is asleep to it..............<ok>

7. When Swans are flying

The thing is, the one time one of our pussies possibly does it, you can bet your bottom dollar the dickhead will wake up!!

Rangel just booked though..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  8. When Swans are flying

Why doesn’t Potter change something, they’ve got a man over in midfield..

9. DragonPhilljack

Game thrown away by very poor defending again, defensively we are far too inconsistent, Potter can be so naive, needs to wise up.............<ok>

10. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

To what end though ? This game is lost, nothing he changes will mKe us score 4 goals. May as well just call it quits at half time, and come home early.

DragonPhilljack likes this.

11. DragonPhilljack

What is Potters answer to a physical high pressing game from the opposition? nothing, and we concede 3 poor goals as a result, this today shows the worst of our game management..............<ok>

daimungeezer likes this.
  12. When Swans are flying

It’s football, you can’t predict anything. Yeah we might have lost, but that’s not the attitude for me, he should be striving (Potter) along with every player on the pitch to at least try to undo or make the best they can, for the rest of the game. I’ll be at at the Liberty next Friday, I want an effort, even if we still do lose today. Even if we concede nothing second half, that might be something, compared with possibly conceding 4, 5 or more..
    A change of formation, players, emphasis & maybe then scoring 1, could alter the rest of the game.. we’ve got the players to do it...

daimungeezer likes this.
  13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Can see Dan James getting injured in this game to add extra stench to this performance.

14. DragonPhilljack

I don't think we have the depth in the squad anymore to effect a change, that's the only thing in Potters favour, but he could certainly change the strategy to stem the flow, yet we are now 4-0 down and looking at maybe 5-0 before the end of the game, with no effective response from us to the QPR strategy, definitely a game to write off now, bloody disgrace we are on the road.............<ok>

15. When Swans are flying

For all the pretty football we’ve played of late, we still haven’t got a real leader in the squad, that midfield general we’ve needed for years. When it works it works (passing possession football). When you need steel, and that for us is essentially required away from home, we’re yet again sadly lacking. We need that defence sorted, we can’t keep conceding from set pieces. The zonal is not working. This is all for the next season, doesn’t look we’re going to fix it anytime soon. Trouble is, is Potter going to get the players needed to fix our defence, to make a promotion pushing team. We’ve got the basis of one, will the owners help, think we know the answer there. If it’s worse in the close, I.e. they sell off the family silver, will he even be here. It’s such a shame, because I think Potter & this team is worth investing in...

16. When Swans are flying

Thank fvck that is over. Shocking result & I’m fvckin gutted for it to. Thought we were totally going in the right direction. Didn’t want the season to end before today, felt we were getting better & better. Then up comes an away day horror show like this. Be bad enough if it was against a top team..

Kin el..

17. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Complete shambles of a performance and totally unacceptable at any level.
    How can we go from performing like a PL team against Stoke a few days ago to performing like that today ?
    Arrogance maybe ?

18. When Swans are flying

Don’t think it’s all arrogance, we obviously weren’t prepared for the physicality of QPR & the pressing. What it does show, is how limited as a squad we are, when a team gets in our face & bullies us. We need steel as much as we need our finesse. Potter needs help to get the right balance of tools required to build a promotion building team. They pressed from the onset & we didn’t cope. Maybe Potter needs to take the blame today for not preparing the team for such. But he can’t generally be blamed for the overall away performances over the whole season, that’s led us to be mid-table, that lies at the door of Jenkins, the sell-outs & the current ‘not to be seen’ owners...

19. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

20. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Come back Michael Laudrup. ALL is forgiven. <laugh>