1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pulis to bid for Bendtner

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Benito Fisher, Aug 2, 2011.

1. StokeBloke

StokeBloke Member

2020: FOOTBALL - Danish forward Nicklas Bendtner confirms to Press Association Sport that he will leave Arsenal. Asked if he was set to leave the London club he said: "Yes. I have done my part as well as I can and it's up to Arsenal now to sort it out, I can't do anything more. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. I would like to play at a place where you are happy and play every week, that is the most important thing for any football player and hopefully that will happen soon."

I think he'd be very happy at the Brit and I think he'd play every week. I reckon with our wingers he could get 15+ a season. So Mr Pulis and Mr Coates (I know you both read this forum avidly) get your cheque book out! and PLEASE SIGN HIM!!

2. StokeBloke

StokeBloke Member

Stoke City are one team in the Premier League that have been continually linked with a move for the Dane.

But he was coy when pressed on whether they were one of the suitors he had spoken too.

He laughed and added: "I can't say anything about who I have been speaking to, but hopefully it will get sorted soon."

Hopefully it will be us.

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

No offence taken. I agree with you totally. We've got the money, but we do have a tight wage structure. Our top earner is Jones on £45k a week reportedly, although we reportedly paid Carew £52k a week in the time he was with us.

4. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

No offence taken by me Samir <ok>
    I watched that same interview about an hour ago. He didn't say either way when asked the direct question re Stoke City!
    I'm certain we or at least, our Chairman can afford it, the wages. It's a matter of IF we are prepared to go ABOVE our current top level earners.
    Pulis is always adamant that we will not so.....

I think Bendtner is a good player and with our two winger's who knows what will happen. I would like to think he is at least prepared to talk about a possible move.

5. potterpalm

potterpalm Member

to all the Arsenal boys on this thread !!!!!
    Fabregas and Nasri enuff said dont u think !! lol:emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

That is certainly one of my worries about Bendtner potentially signing.

7. Sandor Clegane

Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
    Forum Moderator

Aye it is a worry, if we're going to keep improving, we're gonna have to start paying bigger wages at some point!

Also, just heard Bolton have signed Jerome. . . Thank **** for that!!!!!

8. Stoke City R.U.F.C.

We ARE in the Europa League:emoticon-0110-tongu

9. Pottermouth 328

Pistol

Seconded Bolton are welcome to him. As for N.B. Samir, I did say, WOULD we break the top earners barrier so like Potter say's it's about time we did.
    IF it keeps us up, Pennant, Ehterington Whovever doesn't like it should remember ONE thing.

They are LUCKY to earn as MUCH as they do. IF we don't lift that ceiling we won't sign any of the more talented player's.
    Crouch, Defoe just using them as examples nothing more.

10. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

To be honest I dont think that there is any chance he will be coming here. Its time we all take our dream heads off and get back to reality. He would want 60,000 a week and would want to have a different type of service as to what our players could supply. I do bleieve we could get crouch..........,but Defoe NOT A CHANCE. I would love to have players like Bentner at stoke but I think we need to keep it real lads.

UTPssss

11. Pottermouth 328

Ricc
    Persoanally I would like to see TP gamble aka Walters with a few Championship player's. THEY are out there.. let's see what happens as the Palacios Spelling story from yesterday. According to TP re the Sentinel, he say's it unfounded. In short he wasn't anywhere near the ground.

12. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

TalkSport apparently said at lunchtime that Bendtner is in talks with us. I'm certainly not taking that as gospel as TalkSport get things right as many times as the Daily Star!!

13. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband