1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pulis to bid for Bendtner

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Benito Fisher, Aug 2, 2011.

1. devonblue

devonblue Member

Goals to games ratio impressive?? What planet you on? Ive read a lot on here about how good Stoke's wingers are which is true but that dosent mean Bendtner will be a success.

As for chances, lets not forget that Bendtner has played in the same squad that has seen Van Persie and Eduardo suffer nasty injuries and Adebayor leave in recent seasons. The FACTS are, a goal nearly every 4 games and a manager that wants shot of him. Stoke can do better than him.

2. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

I would love it if Bentner came to stoke but I cant see there being any chance. I think we should concerntrate on trying to sign Crouch, proven goal scorer with a brilliant attitude, hes a MASSIVELY under rated player!!!!!!!.

3. Benito Fisher

Benito Fisher New Member

He may well be because his agents contacted Stoke before Stoke were interested.

4. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

1 in 3.7 for a 23 year old who has made most of his appearances as a sub and / or playing out of position is pretty good.

5. robin_van_ fiberglass

robin_van_ fiberglass Active Member

Crouch?! Proven goalscorer?! How much did he get in the league last year, 5? At 23 he wasn't half the player Bendtner is. I think he would be a good signing for Stoke but I can't see him going there.

6. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

From a fairly objective point of view, I'd have to say Crouch is (excuse the [awesome] pun) head and shoulders above Bendtner. Bendtner has never hit the back of the net regularly at club level, whereas Crouch has done so at club and international level. His technique is excellent, and his link play is really really good, and I'd imagine he'd suit your style very well.

Bendtner might will fit the style as well, but I think it'd be more of a gamble.

7. The Magic Man

Crouch at 30 years old - 99 goals in 362 apps (1 in 3.66)

Bendtner at 23 years old - Club 58 goals in 204 apps (1 in 3.52)

Plus Bendtner has played a high % of games as sub, or out wide.

So, how is this true? "Bendtner has never hit the back of the net regularly at club level, whereas Crouch has done so "

8. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Fair play, those stats surprise me a lot, and I love stats!

I think in a weaker league, like Holland or France, Bendtner would score bucketfuls of goals, but I think he'll need to be big man on campus. Crouch is a much better signing in my opinion.

At the risk of being done by stats again (because I remember Bendtner had something like 4 goals in his first 2 international appearances), is Crouch's strike rate for England better than that of Bendtner's for Denmark?

Also, Crouch has played for a lot of teams, not all of whom are fashionable, on his way to the top, whereas Bendtner has always played at Arsenal (and has a catalogue of missed sitters to show for it!).

9. The Magic Man

You are correct that Bendtner has probably had more opportunities, but you have to weigh that against the fact that he often has played as a striker. I don't know his strike rate per chance.

Internationally, Crouch has a better rate of 22 in 42 against Bendtners 12 in 38, but most of Crouch's goals have been scored against teams like Andorra (3), Jamaica (3), Belarus (2), Egypt (2) etc. whilst (like Bendtner at club level) playing with theoretically better players.

But also, I'd imagine that Bendtner has a much better resale value. How long are you really going to get out of Crouch? 3 years max?

10. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Yeah decent shout, but is there a figure being bandied around for Bendtner? I heard 12mil earlier in the summer which I thought was ridiculous, and if Crouch is available for less than half that he'd be the tidier buy in my opinion. Having said that, I do rate Bendtner, I just think he'll need a bit of luck to start scoring then he'll be off and away banging in the goals.

I think I've seen Bendtner miss too many sitters to be confident in him, but I do rate his ability.

11. devonblue

devonblue Member

I wouldnt go comparing Bendtners international goalscoring record against anyones! He's scored most of his goals against the mighty Poland, Albania, N Ireland and Iceland! Id personally go with Crouch over Bendtner. Bendtner is cocky and has missed some absoulute sitters.

12. The Magic Man

Poland aren't shoddy.

He has also scored (out of 12) 3 against Portugal, 1 against germany, I against the czechs and 1 against Cameroon.

Crouch has (out of 22) 1 against France and 1 against Croatia. The rest against worse teams than Poland.

13. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

What a numpty you are mate...
    Whilst I would prefer to see Crouch in a Stoke shirt before Bendtner you need to check facts before coming back with such a silly retort!

I doubt we get Crouch but fact is.. Bendtner has a better ratio than Crouch. DEBATE all you like but it's black and white so..
    I'm just happy to be on a different planet than you right now. <laugh>

And, the FACT is as is told to us by Gunners fans. He wasn't used up front often enough. Are you saying they don't know this is true?

He wasn't first choice but then again, Arsenal let's face another FACT have better striker's than we STOKE do right now. And, I don't think this Crouch plus Palacios bid will come off never in a million years. UNLESS Tony Pulis goes back on his word and breaks that wage berrier. I don't think he will but, we can hope I suppose.

14. devonblue

devonblue Member

Where in my 'silly retort' did I write that Crouch had a better strike rate than Bendtner? I think you are getting too hung up on this strike rate business mate - Michael Owen has a better strike rate than all of them but you dont see me saying Stoke should sign him!

And before you go throwing insults out of your misinformed potty-mouth, it is a FACT that Arsenal have better strikers than Stoke as Arsenal are a Champions League team. You need to chill out and learn to read other peoples comments before going on the offensive. If you had done that you would have noticed that I was actually paying Stoke and Pulis a compliment by saying, in my humble opinion (which, last time I looked, is what this site is all about -opinions!) that Stoke were too good for Bendtner. I may be wrong - im not so up my own 'numpty' arse to be so arrogant as to think I know better than anyone else. Are you?

15. ricc full

hmmmmmmmmm...........really?

16. ricc full

I would love to see how many assists Crouch has to Bentner with his flick ons etc. IMO Crouch is the best out of the 2 for how much they will cost.

17. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Devon Blue
    OKAY Sincere apoligies for the name calling, no hard feelings? <cheers>
    You did say Stoke could/can do better so, that's fair enough. Taken as a compliment by me.

So, apology accepted? Cos when I'm wrong I will at least own up and admit I was OUT of ORDER.

All the best Devon Blue <ok>

18. devonblue

devonblue Member

:emoticon-0148-yes: no worries Potter. It may seem weird me backing Stoke - im a Wycombe fan but my dad is a Potter and saw them a lot when I was a lad. I remember the days when Sheron, Sturridge and Stein were the hero strikers at the old Victoria Ground so when you consider how far you've come in a short space of time, its incredible really, that we are discussing Stoke possibly having a choice of 2 International strikers.

Also, I enjoy nothing more than seeing Stoke play teams off the park and see Wenger etc moaning, its healthy for the game. :)

All the best for the new season :emoticon-0148-yes:

19. robin_van_ fiberglass

I have given it some thought and my answer is still the same.

20. robin_van_ fiberglass

And Crouch has got his record against the mighty forces of Jamiaca and Andorra. Bendtner has 1 champions league hatrick, a goal against Barcelona and a better scoring record overall. Also, why do you bring up that bendtner is cocky? You aren't supposed to be judging him on his value as a person, just his attributes as a footballer. I would take a cocky player who isn't afraid to take risks anyday over someone with a nervous disposition who is easily put off by small things.