1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pulis gone now...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Judge Death, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

From the BBC

Tony Pulis has been sacked as West Brom head coach with the club a point above the Premier League relegation zone and without a win in 10 top-flight games.

Albion won their first three games of the season, but have drawn four and lost seven since beating Accrington in the Carabao Cup on 22 August.

Pulis is the fifth manager to be dismissed in the Premier League this season. Frank de Boer was sacked by Crystal Palace after only 77 days in charge in September, Craig Shakespeare left Leicester just four months after signing a three-year permanent deal in October, Ronald Koeman was sacked by Everton later that month and West Ham dismissed Slaven Bilic earlier in November.

2. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Sounds good until you realise he'll show up at another failing prem team before the end of the season to save them from relegation. Could be West Ham at this rate

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Thankfully he's prime candidate for Wales.

4. RobEllious

That would set up nicely! Honestly, if he's available whilst we're in a relegation dogfight with a few others on the end of season run-in, I'll be ****ting myself someone will sign him.

5. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Probably go to a club at the bottom end of the table, looking to stabilise to stave off relegation.

Sounds like he'd be ideal for West Brom.......<whistle>

6. Blacker-than-Knight

The last three matches have included Man City and Chelsea, what did the owner and his exec's expect 9 points, unless they are going to play the game like the top six or seven clubs which requires major investment then all they are doing is like Ashley, there for the money and prestige of a Premier League club, the only game then is avoiding relegation, the fans are only really there to add atmosphere for the global tv audience. The players don't care, they are getting paid and moving around whatever happens at a club, if they get relegated well just move on or sit on their hands and earn another couple of million in the Championship, I watched the West Ham match yesterday and the players really looked like they didn't give a ****, Billic, Pullis, Koeman and all the other managers are so often let down by the players.

7. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Agreed with this. Players earn to much money to really give a damn about anyone else, does it make a difference to players if the teams not doing well and the manager is under pressure when they know they'll still be picking up 40-50k average a week?

If I was a chairman of a league club my contracts would be massively incentivised with bonus' for finishing positions, goals/assists, clean sheets assists and other bits with a lower weekly wage. Unfortunately I'd not be able to sign anyone as they all want ridiculous guaranteed income but you'd know the players who do play for you were going to run through brick walls for you.

8. RobEllious

I know, either that or the ironic return to Palace when Woy shows he hasn't moved with the times...who in turn returns to West Brom whilst allardici gets called back in to West Ham

9. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Just over 3 months into the season and 5 PL managers sacked already. Football has gone crazy!

Sir Alex would never have lasted if he'd started his Man U career now and had the same results he started with.

10. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Poor West Brom, apparently they are all Publis.

11. Agent Bruce.

Agent Bruce. Active Member

He’s one dimensional. They will get fat sham.

12. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Agree he would be an obvious fit but they have been hating the kind of attritional football pulis plays so I can't see the locals being very happy with that. Pulis would have kept them up though. They could have made a big mistake.