1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Puel has been sacked

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by HarboroughFox, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Managers available

Neil Lennon, Nigel Pearson, Michael Appleton, Gary Rowett, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Harry Redknapp, Mark Hughes, Thierry Henry, David Moyes, Slavisa Jakanovic, David Wagner, Simon Grayson

There the “best” of the managers out of work. Without naming unrealistic managers like Wenger and Mourinho

Of the above Pardew, Moyes and Hughes are complete no’s for me. Anyone else on a short term deal would be ok.

Alot of ex Leicester links there

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

You are correct - either way he has been linked with the job for some reason.
    I would rather us have someone experienced then new but those kinds of managers would want a long term deal.

We are more likely to get some random guy from Europe.

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

None of the names mentioned are at all inspiring. Too many mentioned with recent links to the club which should be a straight no as they’ll never get past the player power. I think that’ll be the problem tbh, someone will come and probably have a new man bounce and it’ll go south again from there.
    On Puel, it felt like that was going to be it last night. It’s a shame it didn’t work for him and I’d have rather he was able to stay until the summer but we are fast being dragged into a dog fight.
    Pretty much a poison challice now and I’m sure any decent managers will see this. Can only see the out of work dross coming for a pay day

4. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

I could see the vision Puel had and his philosophy to evolve us was a good one. However, his implementation and stubborn refusal to make changes meant we were not seeing the results we should have. He has done well bringing through younger players to replace some of the old guard but sadly that's about where it ends in terms of what he's done well in his time here.

I genuinely believed he'd stay until the summer but results in the last 2 months have really made his position untenable. It does make the next appointment more difficult though, given who's available.

BigFox and HarboroughFox like this.
  5. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

That's what we did with Shakey. We run the risk of the team playing well, giving them a full time job and then not progressing when in charge full time. Still thye are better options than the old brigade of fat Sam, Pardew etc.

6. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Not a bad shout

7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I have no idea why we didn't keep him until the end of the season given that we aren't likely to get anyone permanent until the summer.

ive no problem with Stowell staying on as temp until the end of the season, giving the boardroom time to look for a permanent manager.

Benitez or Rodgers for me, or if we were willing to take a punt, Chris Wilder, hell, i'd even take a random foreign manager at this point over some of the dross that will be available in the summer.

Don't want Dyche, our teams too short for him.

8. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

As a gamble, Arteta at the end of the season would be exciting...

9. JohnTheFox

Chris Wilder deserves a shot at the premier league but he’s adored in Sheffield as one of their own. He won’t leave that project for us.
    Not many inspiring options at all imo

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

According to the odds, Rogers is favourite for the job permanently followed by Wagner, Appleton (most likely because he is favourite to get the caretaker role and we have a habit of turning that permanent), Dyche, Lennon, Pearson and Wilder.

Benitez has gone from favourite a couple of weeks ago when I last checked to 8th followed by Big Sam in 9th and Chris Coleman, Redknapp, Arteta and Jardim(? - would he leave Monaco after just getting the job?) in joint 10th.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/leicester/next-permanent-manager

11. Proud Fox

12. Proud Fox

Ive said many times. He is a shocking manager but I truely believe he would be a superb director of football. You just need someone who can coach the players and do the tactics.

13. Proud Fox

14. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Please don't let it be any of the old brigade such as Pardew, Fat Sam, Curbishley, Moyes, Rednapp etc even temporarily. Agree Stowell would be better until a permanent manager can be found if they go with a temp until the summer.

15. JohnTheFox

I just can’t see any manager coming in and giving fans what they want, it’s become a poison job. Pretty sure whoever is taking charge will get the results to secure safety between now and May and that’s probably why the change was needed as we are in free fall. I can’t see it making a jot of positive difference in the long run though

16. Proud Fox

17. Proud Fox

18. Proud Fox

Classy statement from Claude Puel

0E1481CD-90F8-4094-9806-5E5FA003B246.png

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That is interesting - thought he'd only go for a long term contract.

Peter Stöger - former Koln and Dortmund manager is linked with us.

Fits the random left-field European pick and would be willing to be a caretaker manager as that is what he was at Dortmund for a season.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  20. Proud Fox

For me. Give it Lennon until the end of the season and then go after Rodgers

He wont leave there mid season

: lcfc