1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PSG in the CL

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Dec 17, 2018.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

We're completely fckd..

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Anyone bar Porto and you were ****ed <ok>

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We probably were anyway.

Good opportunity to get rid of Jose and give someone else a crack at this. If we're considering Zidane then this is his comp.

Otherwise just stink the season out till the end and then get rid, making sure we don't qualify for the Europa league while we're at it.

glazerfodder likes this.
  4. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

let us see.. PSG are not playing as a team ... so I will not write off our chances completely
    meanwhile .. I want Jose out .. so want to lose ...rather than progressing and him keeping the job for a good run in CL
    in same time, he may get the sack anyway next season, so this is our only chance for a CL spot.. which is highly unlikely we will win it .. but if Greece done it years ago... why not us?
    am not sure if I want us to win or lose facing PSG

5. Red Hadron Collider

A difficult dilemma. You could just extend his contract <ok>

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It really isn't, we should expect and want to win every game. I would never want us to lose.

Mourinho's sacking can ultimately take care of itself and, let's be fair here, should we (miraculously) win the CL he'd ****ing deserve his stay of execution!

What we won't do is get into the top four, so he'll either be replaced now by someone who also won't get into the top four or he'll lose his job at the end of the season.

What I absolutely don't want the ****er to do is leave us with Europa league football next season as his parting gift!! The new guy can do without that distraction while he gets his head round the mess we're in.

glazerfodder likes this.
  7. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

We will do our usual and wait until a) we've been kicked out of the CL and then b) when it is no longer mathematically possible to reach 4th - then we'll sack him. Hopefully, between now and then we will be sounding out Poch or ZZ and have them ready with transfer targets for the summer window. My preference is Poch, not least because he might bring with him some of the attacking talent that the Spuds have.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

If it's either it won't be an overnight success so patience will be required.

Mourinho was supposed to be the guarantor of success, and for a season he was, but it went tits after that.

What we need is a cool head and then a three year plan. If we see improvement in that three years then fine, don't expect trophies though. We can't be moaning when they do not arrive. Poch would be fine for this as he nevers wins anything anyway!

This is like starting all over circa Fergie's first years. Instead of getting rid of pissheads like Whiteside, McGrath, Moran etc., whoever comes in will be getting rid of cancerous boils like Pogba and Lukaku.

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  9. Red Hadron Collider

Prayers answered, unfortunately <grr>

10. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Actually looking forward to this now Mourinho is gone. If anything we have some quality attacking options so should at least go for it under a new manager.

11. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

well , seem dilemma is solved in morning hahaha

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Chief, you've been particularly hard on Pogba without spreading the responsibility to the manager that was responsible for managing the relationship. Of course this post is easier now that Mourinho is gone. But for me, the cancer of the club was always Mr. Mourinho himself. Sure, Pogba is a child with more focus on hairstyle than performing. But he was no where near the root of our problem. Remember Mourinho's relationship with Hazard during his last spell at Chelsea? Same with Ronaldo at Real. Almost exact same scenario as Pogba. It seems JM has a big problem handling with "overly-confident" players. It was always going to be a choice of either Mourinho or Pogba. But Mourinho dug his own grave and made it easier for the board to get rid of him rather than Pogba and I believe that choice is definitely the right choice. We should not be losing world class players because we somehow can't find a way to bring the best out of them due to egos.

For me, Lukaku definitely is not in same disruptive class as Pogba and Mourinho. Yes, he has been poor lately, but so has everyone else in the past few months except for Martial and De Gea. However, I always saw him as a team player even when things were tough for us. But I would still rather have Rashford upfront than Lukaku because he provides far more dynamism than just being a big No. 9. Hence which is why I never understood why we bothered buying Lukaku to begin with. Same for Alexis.

Overall, with JM gone, we are back to square one. If the players can keep up their positive attitude on the pitch in the next few games, we will be on our toward removing the true problem - the Mourinho virus.

I completely agree with you on this point of 3-year plan. Ultimately, I want us to graduate great players from the academy to the first team. This is my hesitation with going with someone like Zidane or Allegri. Poch will always get my vote on resourcefulness. But for actual winning, then I would go for Zidane or Allegri. I guess it is a balance of winning and staying true to the club's philosophy. But who knows? Maybe Ole will be in with a major shout come the end of the season. With the quality in the team, I wouldn't rule him out pulling off something special to justify keeping him permanently.

13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

With Arsenal losing my a mile today, we need to go hard after the goal difference and go juggernaut at scoring at every opportunity.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Without disgesting everything you wrote I just explain why I singled those two out.

They were the two who obviously stopped playing for Mourinho. The rest still did what they were supposed to, which was **** but they at least still worked.

Pogba and Lukaku didn't.

It's obvious Pogba is disruptive influence and he'll just do it again as soon as he's pissed off about something. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Hopefully Lukaku can learn something from Solskjaer though.
    Control and finishing would be a start!

glazerfodder likes this.