1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Properly buzzing, but just wondering ...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Consett Mag, Oct 19, 2016.

1. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Good enough for what? You say he's not good enough for the Championship; I say give him the chance and he'll prove he is. And 9 goals in his debut season in an elite foreign league at the age of 21 is pretty good, although like I already said there is plenty of room for improvement in his conversion ratio.

2. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

I think all we know is that Rafa knows what he's doing and Mitro's time will either come, or he'll be one of the transfer deals in January.
    Despite some sympathy that he's not getting a game, I honesty don't think that he's a Premiership quality striker, in the mould of the likes of Demba Ba.
    Saying that, I feel he will get a chance sooner or later.

3. Blacker-than-Knight

I keep pointing out his real failings, lack of pace, positioning, finishing ability etc but you seem to think that all he needs is more game time, he did well in the Belgium League but that is all, the margins are so fine and the club can't piss around waiting for a striker to work out how if ever he is going to score, that's why we went down cause the striker we bought couldn't score, faith is ok for some but I prefer hard reality.

4. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Owt you like mate, I can't be bothered to correct you anymore.

5. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Can't understand the clamour, tbh. We finally get a player banging in goals yet we're getting the violins out for one of those who contributed to relegation. And contribute heavily he did - he cost us three points against Villa.

I like the idea of Mitrovic. The notion is of an aggressive, impossible-to-play-against mean son of a bytch up top slamming in volley and banging in headers. But it's a FIFA version of the real player. The real player is TOO aggressive, immobile, a little lost at times and a dreadful finisher. He's got a good goal record playing up front for the runaway best team in Belgium, a country that produces good players but only once they've exported them to France or Germany.

6. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He's crap mate sorry