1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tips / Bets Promotion? Relegation? Mid table mediocrity?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 4, 2020.

?

Promotion? Relegation? Mid table.

Poll closed Sep 4, 2021.
  1. Promotion automatically

19.5%
  2. Play Offs

25.2%
  3. Mid table

48.0%
  4. Relegation

7.3%
  1. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

I stick by everything I said previously on this thread. And no one can contradict me. FACT.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  2. Quill

Quill Bastard

Retract my choice after about 8.6% of the league season?

Yeah... no.

Did people just forget that we went from 8th at Christmas last year to 24th?

3. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Same here, i recall we we're doing o.k. up to the halfway point of last season, the main worry i have is when the going get tough as it will do at some point in the season, is McCann's inability/stubbornness to change thing's and that i think is our weak point.

p.s. i think our start's been excellent, but that's all it is a start, the only time i'll admit i was wrong regard's McCann is when he get's us back to the championship and more important keep's us there.

rovertiger likes this.
  4. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Will the season finish is the question.

5. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

Win every game and we might just make it.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Good to get off to a flyer then

7. Barchullona

Indeed if they are going to use some odd formula to decide it. Knowing our luck we would be 12 points clear and they would declare it null and void with no promotion.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  8. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Need a new PL & EFL rule, as follows:

" In case of an unexpected, uncontrollable event (e.g. insurrection, war, pandemic etc), if a season of fixtures is incomplete at the time of projected completion as outlined in the original fixture schedule, the League Tables at the time of cancellation shall determine promotion & relegation places, without the need for completing the cancelled/postponed fixtures."

We're back in the championship people, should the fixtures be stopped now <cheers>:emoticon-0148-yes:.
    Sad thing is, not as champs - only bloody runners up due to our lack of goals scored !!!

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  9. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Too early to get excited, I said all along, I’ll take this season 10 games at a time. It’s a nice start, but there’s still a lot to work on.
    If we lose 4 in a row, everyone will be back to McCant, whereas now it’s still McCann.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  10. Barchullona

The PL only want things to stand if 75% of games are completed. Which means that teams in the Championship would have to complete more games to go up than teams would to avoid going down. And, if the whole season was cancelled there could have been enough games for PL standings to count, European qualification etc but not enough for Championship clubs to go up meaning norelegation from the PL. No self interest there of course.

11. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand any of what you are trying to say there Barca. To me it's confusing, but I have had a sleepless night !

In a full season, Championship teams play more games than PL teams do.
    My proposed rule is sod all that. Take the "snapshot" situation at the instant the whole football season is cancelled by government decree (include international leagues/competitions if you wish - but latitude/longitude considerations need eliminating ?).
    Every club who wants to play in the leagues (PL and EFL) would need to sign up to that condition in order to be a member of the stratified league pyramid. No exceptions allowed.

12. Barchullona

Simple. Championship clubs would have to play more games for their positions to count. So, the season could be cancelled when the club at the top of the Championship had played 33 games.
    and the PL had played 27. The Championsh8p club would not be considered for promotion as they hadn't fulfilled 75% of their games but the PL clubs would, top four in Champions League and no relegation. Everyone happy if that happened. In the PL anyway.

13. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

This is on the assumption that the PL and Championship play the same amount of matches per week. Without checking, I would assume that both leagues would be roughly the same percent through the season by a cut off point nearing 75% due to the Championship teams playing more midweek matches, It might even be that the Championship are further on.

14. UMC

UMC Active Member

Big issue for me is that city have got off to a great start and some of the players will be watched by other clubs for being out of this league. Will the Allams want to push for promotion or cash in some assets come the January window?

15. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Fortunately ( unless I'm missing someone obvious ) we don't have many players in the final year of their contract ( that we don't have an option on ) so I feel if we are in the top 6 come Jan, we will push on for promotion rather then look to cash in. Obviously if a stupid offer comes in then we would be daft to say no

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Still a long way to go

17. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

I'm still sticking to this! Ha

18. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Not relegation.

19. Cambstiger

Cambstiger Well-Known Member

I agree with Chazz. After last season I am struggling to get too excited about our position. Hopefully I’ll feel very different in April/May.

20. philhul

philhul Well-Known Member

We said that last season when pushing the top 6 !!

Phinius T Bookbinder likes this.