1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Project Restart.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 1, 2020.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

How true that is Jiffie. Whether we agree that the season should restart or not there will be detractors on both sides of the fence. The time will come when we will return to watch our beloved game and support our teams, but if and when is anyone's guess.

Jiffie likes this.
  2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I've already said I don't think this season will restart, but IF I'm wrong and it does, it could be an ideal opportunity for us to push for the playoffs. We will have Adobe back and Kalas fully fit - like new signings. WBA and Leeds will have lost momentum - all this virus lockdown stuff could work really well in our favour.

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

First bit about Afobe and Kalas is true
    Second bit about Leeds and WBA could be true. But Leeds always get of to a flyer and falter at the end of the season. I can see this being the thing to take Leeds over the line. WBA will probably go up as like us their injuries will have recovered.

4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Charlton Athletic boss Lee Bowyer says using points per game to decide the final Championship table if the season is cut short would be "scandalous".
    If the season is cancelled, points per game may be used as a deciding factor.
    But Bowyer, whose side are 22nd in the Championship and would be relegated, said that method "wouldn't be fair".

"We've played 37 games and for 36 of the games we've not been in the bottom three," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.
    "We've then played Middlesbrough in our last game, we got beat and they climbed above us and we fell into the bottom three for the first time all season.
    "Our next game was against Hull away, who had a lot of injuries and were on the slide, and I would've fancied us to go up there on the Saturday and get the win, but then it got called off.
    "If we'd have played them and won we'd have been out of the bottom three and climbed two or three places again. There's only a point or two between several teams.
    "Our argument would be - me, obviously being the Charlton manager - is that wouldn't be right. It wouldn't be fair, we've only been in there for one week and to just send us down after that would be scandalous.
    "There's 27 more points to play for, so you can't just go on one week, everything gets shut down and everything revolves around that. It wouldn't be right. It doesn't sit right with me."

I haven't checked anything but all teams have played the same number of games ...rare event! so the existing table would remain the same!

it is difficult see how a fair method could be reached.... maybe the aim could be to take the top 12 and bottom 12 [ assuming they restart but possibly does not get to finish, maybe play 6 games / 7 games ! ] and work out fixtures similar to my forcast table [ still working on the results another thread] they could base the remaining fixtures as initially 2 separate tables! [ that is the order they play the games ]
    All teams have played 1 more home or away fixture [?] so in the bottom 12 the first game to be played would be levelling up the home team to 19 games v away teams to 19 teams eg Hull Barnsley Charlton Midds have played 18 away but Brum Wigan only 18 home etc etc so Barnsley v Wigan would be one of the first to be considered as would Brum v Hull etc etc [ so 8 more teams need a fixture ] when they have used all possible levelling up games they resort to keeping it home ...away ….. using bottom 12 teams when these fixtures run out then go on to rest of teams in top 12. ..???
    one drawback would be top teams would likely finish against a bottom 12 and vice versa .. it is not fool proof as a bit of flexibility may be required but could be done .. the provisio would be all teams must play equal H or A so if it got to 43 GAMES game 43 would not count, season would be decided on 42 GAMES … THEN MAYBE use home / away points ave for the 42 games and apply to remaining 4 fixtures [ adjusted around game 43 result, eg if their ave pts for 21 homes /away is 1.5 and they draw then they get 1 pts lose it zero and win it 3 pts the re result stands! ] sounds complicated but the GK'S were given it as a "school maths problem" for a bribe and given 8 teams as A B C D E F G H in a fixture list with relevant info and whilst their adding / multiplying left a bit to be desired they had it .

5. bcfcredandwhite

League 2 has agreed that Swindon can be promoted. This covers the gap that Bury left. However, our league can’t agree on any movements unless the Premiership and League 1 do. Of course, the teams at the top of both the Championship and League 1 would be happy if they got promoted, but the teams at the bottom would NEVER agree to relegation. It’s a stalemate.

6. johngalleyfan2

it beggars belief that HULL and WATFORD "only have the players and staff interests at heart!!!!!! when both are seriously close to being relegated...Watford have 5 tough games last 3 as it stands would be make or break ...closer to break
    Hull city gambled on making a good some of money by selling their top scoring striker and since have plummeted 5 of their games is against other relegated threatened teams WBA /CITY / Millwall and away last game to Cardiff … they have to be fearing the drop … they are like worms being on the hook just prior to be cast … wriggling …..
    there is no point in fulfilling the season if there is to be no relegation or promotion.
    champs 92 and 88 are guaranteed points to go up whilst 84 is guaranteed top 6 whilst 68 would guarantee safety ….. [ 88 guarantee's promo div 1 ] however bottom 12 at least can play without fear as no relegation so does not matter if they lose all 9 games … which would be disadvantage for top teams trying for promo if they do not get to play them!!!!!!

7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I don't get this, I thought Swindon were the Champions of L2, so surely didn't need L2 to agree to them being promoted? Interesting that L2 said no relegations though, bit rough on the National League?

8. johngalleyfan2

1 team to come up

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  9. bcfcredandwhite

Nobody is really champion- not even Liverpool.
    I haven’t looked but I think Swindon were top by only a point.

10. johngalleyfan2

they were second!