1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Preston

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well someone had to do it - c'mon guys! What about the starting 11 for tonight?

Do we show Preston too much respect becuase we got thumped up there, or should we forget that and go for the throat?

Will Tomlin ever get another start? Will Mendez be ditched tonight due to his poor game against Fulham?

Will Halford get a hat trick?..........<laugh>

2. blueturk the cat

blueturk the cat Well-Known Member

Don't know who is available but I'll go with Sol replacing Gunnar in the middle to spice things up

Etheridge
    Manga- Morrison- Paterson- Richards
    Mendez Laing- Bamba- Ralls- Hoilett
    Zohore- Tomlin

footnote
    The only time I managed a team they got relegated from the Carmarthenshire Premier div' :emoticon-0107-sweat

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Blimey - If Warnock plays a 4-4-2 like that we'll win it 10 - 0.........<laugh>

Don't know about Morro being fit, but if so Bamba in midfield again wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

If were going out to win this one I'd certainly play Paterson on the right instead of Peltier despite his poor showing against Reading. Nothing against Pelts, but he's the sort of full back that'll save you games rather than win them.

We desperately need to win this one to show the flag again - anything less and it'll be more like a white flag to the chasing pack.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Haven’t a clue what NW has planned for PNE.

Hopefully he’ll not be too guided by the Fulham display as I can’t see any team being capable of ripping us a new one as they did

PNE will no doubt be physical but surely not as good on the break. City may just have to be patient.

Suspect he’ll be cautious and hope to nick a tight game. If it’s tight then his substitutions will be vital.

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

All guns blazing with Healey and kadeem off the bench.

6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

It's difficult to argue with Warnock's tactics having done so well the first half of the season but they've been questionable this last couple of games. Being over cautious cost us points at Bolton and it looked like we just bowed down in the Fulham game accepting they were better than us.

I can't imagine, nor would wish him to go gungho tonight, but we need to be a damn sight more positive at home against a Preston side that's proven very difficult to break down this season.

Sitting back and waiting for the break to pinch one to win it is all very well if it works. If they get one first we could be up **** creek.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Feeney, Paterson & Tomlin in for Bennett, Bryson & Hoilett.

Unsure what to make of that, time will tell

8. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Feeney = worrying <yikes>

9. blueturk the cat

8mins and the referee is watching a different game to me <confused>

10. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

What a dire performance that was. Confidence is clearly low, what has the old man got in him to turn this slump around?
    A bit unlucky to lose as it's the worst game I've watched in a long time, really turgid, almost an hour before an attempt on target. The game deserved a 0-0 score line.

I guess you guys are defo cheering for Wolves on Saturday evening now...

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Cardiff do have a habit of Bottling it in the 2nd half of the season.....Warnock needs to find a couple of players in the transfer window to stop the rot,,,,Im sure he will...

12. blueturk the cat

Yup ..... you are both right, and I guess you couldn't wait for a little dig.....but in reality we were poor in both boxes so a sucker punch was always a possibility

Down right now ....but definitely not out

13. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

The fact it was live on Sky makes tonight worse.

We were embarrassing. Aimless hoofball. Theres nothing wrong with direct football but we just lumped it and hoped for the best

We need Morrisson back asap.

NML is a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season.

I think id bring in Connolly and stick Sol in midfield next game. We need to scrape a point from somewhere.

Play offs look unlikely to me and i was very positive about this season.

I

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  14. blueturk the cat

'The fact it was live on Sky makes tonight worse.'

We are always always poor on sky..... please make it stop Sky <wizard>

15. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Neither side looked promotion candidates.
    Think pne deserved to shade it as for a lot of the 50 50s they were first to. Also they found their players in space more often with ling clearances where ours found their players or ours in traffic.
    Just hope Colin can work a bit of magic with the boys he's got, get an uplift from players returning from injury (Healey looked bright) and find a quality signing or two.
    Play offs look more likely than autos at the moment.

themaclad likes this.
  16. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Also thought in the last 20 minutes after making two attacking subs we looked more likely to win actually started to play on the floor instead of hoofing it, dire game not complaining about the result though. By the way your stewards were top notch.
    Anyway all the best for the rest of the season and compliments of the year got home at 3AM by the way

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Easily the poorest performance of the season - and by a long chalk. The distances between our players on the pitch were colossal - nobody went toward to the man in possession to take it off him. They were wandering around aimlessly waiting for something to happen.

I felt sorry for Zohore - he never got one decent ball let alone a regular service that his skills demand. I thought we'd got past the lumping the ball up with no support bit it seems we are back in that furrow again. At least Preston played their triangles and got the ball forward with some short passing - we didn't have a clue.

Don't know waht to make of Tomlin. He looks so unfit it beggars belief that he's a right on the pitch. Some say his skills can carry him through. For that to happen he needs other players to take the pressure off him and last night was a shambles.

18. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Agree with Hilts24. This was hoofball at it's worst. Not too sure about Bamba in midfield though because he can't pass a ball. What's happened to our team? Earlier in the season we were playing passing football on the ground. Last night we were void of any creativity. Oh to have a player like Whittingham who can slow the game down and get our team playing proper football again. Hopefully Colin has got some fresh blood lined up in January because there is no way we could live with any team in the Premier League should we get promoted, which on last night's showing, won't be happening.

19. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Oldsparkey, post: 11276080, member: 1001700"Don't know waht to make of Tomlin. He looks so unfit it beggars belief that he's a right on the pitch. Some say his skills can carry him through. For that to happen he needs other players to take the pressure off him and last night was a shambles.[/QUOTE]

Sparkey - you know from our site that is exactky the view us City fans had. Tomlin is a really skillful player but lazy and i'm sure in his own deluded mind he feels thats all he has to do for the team and the other elements of a game of football are the responsibility of the other 10 players. He is fastly becoming a luxury no team can afford, Bournemouth, M'boro, Us and now it seems you.

So much talent he is wasting through a poor attitude and discipline towards the game.

20. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

One thing we are good at is making other teams look bad.

You deserved the win.

How we are both above Fulham i dont know. Best side ive seen this season by a mile.

themaclad likes this.