1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread PRESTON NORTH END v WATFORD

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

You mean me, so don't be afraid to name me.
    I stand by my comment regarding the referee at Stoke. Made some poor decisions and one which, on a Sunday morning at Cassiobury Park, would probably have led to an assault so gross was the error.
    So's you know my opinion doesn't matter to "The Blazers": it didn't when I was officiating; and it didn't after writing to the the RA and the EFL Referee Secretary after one particularly poor performance when I did not receive a response. So get off your high horse.
    I call it as I see it, and at Stoke the referee didn't just have a bad day at the office but rather showed an unacceptably poor understanding of the laws of the game and even worse judgement. The passage of play leading to the Chris Powell penalty at Everton in 2006/7 and the rugby tackle on TD9 at Doncaster that we didn't get and of course that Reading goal (I got to discuss that with Stuart Atwell, a nicer man you will not meet, at a referees seminar at Beaconsfield Town FC) are the only three decisions that immediately come to mind that were as bad... and the challenge on GNW at home to Stoke that kicked off his arthritic problems.
    In the vast majority of matches this season we've had the rub of the green from the officials and at home to Blackburn Kabs was a "woulda" if it happened in the Prem; a "coulda" not a "shoulda" on the night. Ngakia had to go for a second yellow and didn't. I think the referee blew the whistle for full time rather than fill in the paperwork. He's supposed to be a professional.
    When I spout off about decisions we didn't get that we really, really, shouldn't get, then is the time to start having a word - I tend to change my mind in the light of evidence... and if you are going to, do it face on. Not this wishy washy "some people" nonsense several weeks after the fact.

2. oldnickhornet

oldnickhornet Active Member

Good to see your arrogance is still going strong.I will really try not to be afraid of you,even with your apparent power to decide who should appear on here as previously discussed.
    It wasnt important to me WHO used the word Dishonest,it was the use of the word itself.I do understand that 'wishy washy nonsense' is a defensive retort to my 'weasely'.
    I shall look forward to your next unblinkered, balanced match day offering..but I do wonder if you can get any enjoyment from following matches when you always seem to be looking for something to gripe about ,win or lose
    All The Best,
    Over And Out

3. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

No complaints about the penalty from me

4. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I always attempt to not comment until I've taken off the yellow tinted glasses.
    My views on the referees stem from experience, but as I've already said: on the whole they've been pretty good to the point of slightly favourable which is fine when I have those yellow tinted glasses on but not so much use when laying down a critique.
    I get plenty of enjoyment from watching Watford but extremely irritated when possession is given away too cheaply - I'm certainly not alone in that - and poor officiating. Mind you, one look on BHappy will surely tell how poor some of the performances have been - as if we're trying to play catenaccio - and I am more than willing to concede that Matt and Ig have a far better understanding, let alone prose, than I.
    What I am is honest and extremely passionate in everything I do. Pompous at times, a charge levelled at me here in the past and elsewhere, so I'll have to take that as read. One distant relative calls me Bowser... because I won't let go. What you read here is what you get in real life.
    Anyway, for clarity, I did not accuse the Stoke referee of being dishonest, just emphasising how bad that particular error was. I think that covers it.

HHTFC1 and Markthehorn like this.