1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pressure building on JB

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Sep 20, 2021.

1. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

It's come to a stage that you really need to pause for thought before you speak, but saying that I have never used the word Holocaust as an adjective.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Yes you are spot on. I only thought the same earlier today - it's simply a word that wouldn't enter my head to use, no matter what I was talking about. Can't really understand why 'that' word would spring to mind, especially if I was referring to a football match.

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Joey Barton has quoted a 13th century poet Jalal Ad-Din Mohammed Rumi in his defence

Out beyond ideas of wrondoing and rightdoing
    there is a field I'll meet you there
    there is a soul that lies down in that grass
    the world is to full to talk about

the above man was a musician and spiritual guide who has considerable cultural impact in the Muslim world, in particular Turkey and Iran and is also considered the best selling poet in the USA

4. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see whether the lads put in a good shift on Saturday and play their hearts out for the gaffer, or whether we'll see another drubbing. I hope they make a game of it with Harrogate and play for the shirt anyway.

old timer likes this.
  5. old timer

I have just been on Bristol Rovers - google search, there is an article on football 365 on that page that is well worth a read.
    The first line of the article says

Not for the first time in his career Joey Barton is in hot water, and Bristol Rovers are paying the price for his failure to engage his brain.

well worth a read

6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Too little, too late from him.

Barton should have been advised to apologise within 24 hours but clearly the guy doesn't actually believe he has done anything wrong. I say he clearly because if he was really sorry, he would have said sorry much sooner as he would have been told very quickly about the offence he has caused. But he didn't. He has come out today 120 hours after he opened his mouth. He ha done so because of the pressure building on him where this story is not going away. It is all just lip service to him. I expected this from him. I have stayed away since that interview last Saturday because I feel so frustrated with the club right now. I wanted to wait until I see what the club will do next and they've done absolutely nothing apart from say they won't comment. Totally unacceptable.

8. old timer

I keep wondering what's happening to our beloved club we have all supported over a great number of years, it appears to be coming apart at the seams with no concern being shown from the top.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I've said before about how much I have fallen out of love with the club and with football in general. I now think that the club also wants a different type of supporter/fan. I don't think they want how we've been for decades. The days of how we all were with each other at Eastville and Twerton are gone for me. I was going before Wael came but now to me our club is not recognisable and goes against my own values that I believed I shared with the club I use to love.

10. Gastronomic

I thought Barton spoke quite well in his interview. He comes across as quite articulate and knowledgeable. He came here with loads of baggage, and I have no idea why he was ever considered, let alone appointed unless he was a cheap option, because he keeps saying he's not making any money out of this. I think he'll move on sometime either because he has to or because he decides to walk. In the meantime, I think we need to get behind the lads because we've had too many toxic years when the players have suffered because the fans don't like the gaffer. It is all pretty depressing!

11. Gastronomic

The Archbishop of Canterbury had to apologise today for making similar comments.