1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pressure building on JB

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Hopefully it won’t be long now.

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

'if he was a Doctor he would of been struck off' - I imagine Dr Ben Garner is having a better evening than Joey

can't Wael see that he was conned? Does Joey have something over him?

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Would have thought they now need a decent result against Carlisle, who are on a bad run. It's almost impossible to call most of these results because it's all a bit good week bad week at the moment.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Very good article on Bristol Live entitled Joey Barton has failed to lift the dark clouds over Bristol Rovers and the forecast looks grim, well worth a read. I found the article on Bristol Rovers Google search

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

old timer likes this.
  6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Yeah saw that - great stuff!

That’s a very good piece by Benji - it pulls no punches. I’m very disappointed in Starnes and very disappointed in our recruitment again - especially Dad’s Army in midfield and Coutts who’s only 32 and should be a hell of a lot better at this level.

Having said that, there are some really good attacking players at the club - Nicholson, Evans, Finney, Thomas, Collins, Saunders, Anderson etc. A decent manager would get far more out of that squad but Barton seems clueless re organisation or motivation.

I think that October will see Barton leave. Either he’ll walk, or will get fired due to being found guilty in one of his court cases. Clint Hill knew something was up - it was nonsense that he left for “family reasons”. He either fell out with Barton or could see that something was seriously wrong.

Either way Barton should go. I hate the fact that we’ll be looking for our 5th manager in less than 2 years but it has to happen. It’s all gone toxic.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

If you like conspiracy theories then look at these questions directed at Wael that I seen today on a thread from the other forum gaschat!

Copied and pasted from - https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/18661/wael

(1) Barton is a self confessed gambling addict. The FA considered his gambling such a breach of their rules that he was forced to serve an 18 month ban. Do you understand why the FA have gambling rules, and enforce them in this way? Did this concern you when you appointed him?

(2) In a 2017 interview with the Sunday Times, Barton described match-fixing as ‘rife’ in the game. Do you share your managers’ views? Considering the performance levels during the last eight months, do you honestly feel all involved have given 100% effort?

(3) Andy Mangan was suspended for five months in 2009 due to betting irregularities and a suspicion of involvement in match fixing. Did that concern you when he joined the club?

(4) The Fleetwood chairman Andrew Pilley has recently been charged with fraud and money laundering. Pilley gave Barton the managers job at Fleetwood the very day his betting ban ended. Does this concern you in any way?

(5) Kevin Bond was the subject of a BBC Panorama investigation into corruption in football a few years ago, and sacked from his role with Newcastle. Did this concern you at all when he was appointed as First Team Coach?

(6) What exactly is Eddy Jennings role with the club’s recruitment? who pays his salary? Are you satisfied all transactions are above board and comply with FA rules?

(7) Do you have a message for those Rovers fans who accuse you of naivety? What have you put in place to ensure the full integrity of the employees of Bristol Rovers Football Club?

I wonder what he is getting at! <laugh>

Bluebaldee likes this.
  8. Gastronomic

It's the tip of the ice berg isn't it? If the club had checked everything out, I honestly don't know how Barton could have been appointed.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Anyone see Wael on the news yesterday? Barton won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Wael still trusts Barton completely as Barton has had to deal with difficult situations throughout his entire career and believes Barton will again with us. Absolutely nuts as far as I am concerned.

There is nothing positive to even think Barton can get out of this. No plan on the pitch, wrong formation, wrong tactics, poor signings, lack of RB's and CF's, long injury list, no form, struggle to create, don't score many, don't keep clean sheets, lost 19 from 28 league games, only 1 team has lost more than us in L2, only 2 teams have a worse goal difference than us, no other team has conceded more than us. Don't forget how he treated last seasons players and gave up on them and our L1 status. Oh and 2 assault charges pending. This is just blind faith only from Wael and the reality is we are in serious trouble.

old timer and Bluebaldee like this.
  10. Gastronomic

As long as we stay in the league, I guess that's as good as it's going to get. I hope things do come together for the club's sake, and it's so unusual to stick by a failing manager. It will be interesting to see whether things do improve in the long run.

11. old timer

They might well stick by the manager but will the fans stick by the club with the same mindless boring football we appear to be playing at this time, if we go down I certainly wont be renewing my season ticket, the games I saw the last time we were in the National league certainly didn't fill me with much enthusiasm for more of the same.

12. old timer

According to Bristol Live Ian Holloway is urging the board to stick with Joey Barton saying we need stability, we do but we also need points on the board to stave off the threat of relegation

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

That's his way to rule himself out of the job <ok>

old timer likes this.
  14. old timer

Wael gave him his vote of confidence in the WDP, the sack normally follows shortly after, we can but hope

15. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

Wael, I don't know anything about the guy but often I read that rovers fans think of him as the Messiah, your saviour that arrived on his camel 5 years a go dripping in gold...... does this guy have a clue about English football? Did he know who Joey was? What has he done for Bristol Rovers?
    Some nice new tarmac..... anything else? At least Nick Higgs was a supporter and one of you

(sorry, I just don't know what came over me...... don't forget I don't like you lot and Joey must stay, keep up the good work Wael :emoticon-0141-whew:)

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Have you heard JB's interview today? Seriously, this guy gets worse and worse.

Some quotes...

"I went to church on Wednesday and I had a good hour alone with my thoughts and I realised I’ve been sent here to help this football club out of the doldrums." He now thinks he is the flipping Messiah!!!

"I thought I’d be great and come in and wave a magic wand, but in reality I know that not to be the case." I take it he now has given up on saying "we will get promoted?"

"’Im doing it for charity. It’s the Bristol Rovers charity I’m doing it for. I’m not doing it for any money. I don’t earn any money out of it and I’m doing it because Wael Al-Qadi is a superb guy, a superb owner." He is seriously calling us a charity FFS! The audacity. He thinks he is bigger than the club. I want this piece of crap gone.

Here is the interview. Its over 14 minutes long and it takes him over 10 minutes to actually answer the 1st question due to going on and on and on and on talking utter nonsense like he wants to climb Everest but can't because he doesn't want to die while having young children. I mean what the actually hell as that got to do with anything. In the end the interviewer got to ask 2 questions in that time. What a joke. Its all me me me as well. Save your time and don't watch it as I am still peeved at it. But if you want to watch it, go ahead.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Regarding what he said about going to church on Wednesday and believing he came out with some sort of divine intervention, someone on twitter found this that Barton said a few years ago... <laugh>

MassiveAttack and Bluebaldee like this.
  18. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

The bloke’s full of ****.

Just do your job and start winning football matches, as you’re well paid to do, or ship the **** out of our football club.

It’s October, he has two pending court cases, let’s hope Lady Justice helps us out. Wael did say about members of staff being convicted of crimes of violence.....

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I still can't believe the disrespect to the club calling us a charity case. Just what has he been doing all this time to only just realise on Wednesday in a church that he is here to get us out of the mess we were in.

I honestly thought it wasn't possible to dislike the guy further than I already do but then he raises the bar again.

Even if we lose 4-0 tomorrow, he won't get sacked. As each games passes by and he is still in charge, I lose more and more respect for Wael.

old timer and Bluebaldee like this.
  20. years ago

years ago Active Member

How differently you can read the same words. I did not take it that he was calling the Rovers as a charity, but he did say he was aiming to raise for the charity run by the Rovers. Is not the same as supporters give cash to. Your loathing of Barton is shared by many. but not all with the misconception u are fixed upon. I am not a fan of his and I also hope that he is gone soon, but I said and still stand by the fact that sacking the current Swindon manager was the first wrong move. but it was double compounded by his replacement. From that ,Barton had no chance of staying up, but that does not excuse the performances this season.
    We can All live in hope