1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic President Markle ?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Blond Bombshell, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Itv reckon she's making moves...
    Will we end up as the 53 state?
    I'm opening a gun shop as we speak.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

I don't believe it. I remember they want to be left in peace and be out of the media spotlight!

3. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Was it in the Simpsons? If not I don't believe it.

4. Blond Bombshell

Off that Lorraine? show, probably pinched the story from here...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14428...ce-harry-link-woman-hillary-clinton-campaign/

And the link adds fuel to speculation that Meghan is keen to get into politics after the 39-year-old former actress and Harry, 36, quit the Royal Family.

The couple have already started speaking out about politics, urging Americans to vote in the recent US election.

And earlier this year, it was claimed the duchess could follow prominent actor Arnold Schwarzenegger into politics after holding a secret meeting with a top Democrat.

5. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Harry had better be careful. From what my son tells me you need to be a US citizen to be able to lobbying in any way shape or form in the US

6. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Even before she and Harry got together, she was involved as a spokesperson for the UN, ( may have even addressed the general assembly) also is an ambassador for the charity World Vision.

So no shrinking violet, and would not take any crap from anyone, the Saxe Coburg Gotha 'firm' would not know what hit it.

I regard myself as fiercely patriotic, but not keen on the Royals.. Land of Hope and Glory would be my national anthem.

Class of 73 and Makemstine Roger like this.
  7. Sunderpitt

Guns are no joke

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  8. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I've heard this before, some time ago. She just comes across a social climber to me. The inconsistencies in her interview the other day suggest that she has nothing about her to make her a suitable president. She only has her, ever increasing and carefully managed, profile to rely on.

9. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

Anything is possible there.

Just in this century, we have had George. W. Bush, who was his father's son and little more. Then Barack Obama, a posturing technocrat who, like Blair and Clinton, could read a script beautifully, but don't ask any more. Then Trump, who was elected because he wasn't a politician. Now, a bloke who is clearly ill and declining rapidly, put there by keeping him out of sight. ( For all the blind eyes turned by the media there mind, the biggest culprit in that disgrace is his wife, on whom he clearly leans and depends and has done for a year or so. Letting him be used in this way is grotesque).

So, why not yet another empty vessel to take on the hardest job in the world?

It is just as well that the POTUS has nowhere near the individual power that is commonly attributed to the office.

10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

She's a narcissistic liar so she's perfect for a successful career in politics. In all seriousness I can't remotely see it happening, I think she'd find a way to bugger it up before it got going, but if Trump can be president then who knows.

11. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

I think that is true actually, You can do all the business lobbying you like, but you should be very wary of stepping into the political fray if you are not a US citizen..

Maybe there are ways around it, But that lad is as thick as a dungeon floor, and now on top of that he has hitched himself to someone who appears to completely dominate him. He'd do owt if she gave the order.

12. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

So much for wanting a private life, eh?

13. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

If she thinks the British tabloids are bad, wait until she tries running for office in the States. Assuming she'd run as a Democrat, the Conservative media there, like Fox News and Brietbart, would smear, twist, muck rake and attack her like nothing else. QANON style conspiracies would circulate on American social media and any skeletons in her cupboards would get dragged out on display, and I think she has quite a lot of them. Add in that Harry isn't renowned for his intelligence (worst GCSE results in his year at Eton and not bright enough to go to Uni, remember) and there's plenty of scope for things to go wrong. I mean, when Harry can be tricked by 2 middle aged Russian men into thinking that they are Greta Thunberg, it doesn't say much about him. Liberal news media might try and defend them, but a self absorbed narcissistic person like her might find the attacks too much.

14. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

She's a star isn't she

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  15. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

She's going to need to hire a better PR team than she currently has. That's for ****ing sure.

16. Blond Bombshell

Stinks doesn't it

17. Blond Bombshell

18. Sunderpitt

Guy Incognito likes this.
  19. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Class of 73, Nordic and Guy Incognito like this.
  20. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

The has been a fairly long tradition in The US 0f A, of subjecting family member of the President to a high degree of public scrutiny.

While this started with the Kenedy's, it didn't get into top gear till Jimmy Cartes time.
    Jimmy was 'blessed' with a rather eccentric brother and The Press had fun.
    Ronald Reagans son Ron, a proffessional dancer, was targeted, but happily seemed capable of ignoring the fools.
    George H. W. Bush's son George W, later president had his University and military records scrutinised at great length and when reporters, not themselves famous for their sobriety, finished with this, they concentrated on his youger drinking habits

Never mind the Windsors, just look at the dysfunctional Markle Family and consider what sort of private life would be available for her, if she was elected to high office.

Guy Incognito likes this.