1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Preseason 2015

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by No Kane No Gain, Jun 3, 2015.

1. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Since we've just announced we're in the Audi Cup in Munich I figured we should have a thread to keep track of who we're playing and where in preseason, plus any chat that comes from it. I'm sure we'll still have some match threads for them too.

Currently confirmed are:

29 July: Tottenham Hotspur v MLS All Stars @ Dick's Sporting Goods Park(I'm not even kidding) - Denver, US

1 Aug: Spurs XI v Stevenage @ The Lamex - Stevenage, UK

4 Aug: Tottenham Hotspur v Real Madrid @ The Allianz Arena - Munich, Germany
    5 Aug: Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich/AC Milan

Looks like us and AC Milan are the fodder to set up a Real v Bayern final but hopefully we can beat Real so badly Bale realises he's made a huge mistake and signs back to us.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

5 Aug: Tottenham Hotspur v A C Milan/ Bayern

No Kane No Gain likes this.
  3. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

"Looks like us and AC Milan are the fodder to set up a Real v Bayern final but hopefully
    we can beat Real so badly Bale realises he's made a huge mistake and signs back to us."

And if we do the same to Munich does that mean we will get Pep as manager ??

4. No Kane No Gain

Ta. Obviously I didn't read the article properly :emoticon-0111-blush

And Lahm, Alonso, and Alaba, and Robben, and Muller. Actually we should really be taking Modric and Ronaldo off Real too.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Anyone thinking of going to the Audi cup games? If so, any idea as to whether there's a "Spurs section" to sit? I'm thinking of going and although the atmosphere should be good regardless of where you're sitting it'd be nice to be in with Spurs fans, or at least a good section of them.

6. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Silly me for actually thinking Poch had some balls for believing Levy that our recent end of season tour was our last trip beyond our shores.

We now have a trip to Colorado and a tournament in Europe all crammed in within the last 10 days before the PL season starts.

Nice one Daniel and "well done" Poch for being a wimp and backing down.

No Kane No Gain likes this.
  7. No Kane No Gain

Totally agree. Knowing Levy there was probably some negotiations involved and knowing Levy what he offered Pochettino in exchange was probably what he'd already planned on giving him(likely to do with transfer money, I'd think).

The trip to the US has totally gone back on all the previous talk of a preseason geared up to ensuring the squad is ready rather than racking up air miles and wasting time to play a pretty average team when we could play one in England. I must admit, I didn't see the problem with the Munich one as it might be good to face some top European opposition and it's only a short journey over but after looking up the PL start date we're playing 2 midweek away friendlies 3 days before we could be playing our opening league match! That's total madness.

8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Unbelievably stupid planning by the club.
    Only Man City in recent year have come top 4 while playing in EL and they had a **** load of money to buy an excellent squad
    All the teams that broke in had no european football to contend with...
    Everton 2005
    Spurs 2010
    Liverpool 2014
    United 2015
    And we decide that in the 77 day break between the seasons that we'd have a tour to Australia, USA and Germany...cos the tv money just aint enough
    <doh>

9. The RDBD

Would not surprise me if the USA game was agreed last summer
    (Levy trying to build up the Spurs exposure in the USA) .

10. The RDBD

"Nice one Daniel and "well done" Poch for being a wimp and backing down."

Does the fact that Pochettino was shaved and suited when he had the conversation
    with Levy, not count for anything ??

SpursDisciple likes this.

11. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Going to Germany makes sense, they're good games to play against worthwhile opposition. The timing is utter crap though. The fact we're going to the USA too is a farce. I was all for the Malaysia/Australia trip but doing that as well as the USA is ridiculous.

12. No Kane No Gain

We did it in 2012 too, although 4th didn't get us CL qualification.

We can compete in the Europa League and still get a good points total. This season was poor points-wise and we were lucky to get 5th from it but if we can scrape 70 points or there abouts next season we should be pleased. Sometimes it'll get us 4th but that's more down to how the top 4/5 spenders do which is out of our control other than the 2 games we play against them. Our concentration should be on what we can control which is racking up a competitive points total and staying ahead of the rest behind us.

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

The USA fixture is a bit of a joke and just a marketing ploy, I'd like for Poch to take a Spurs XI side to that but can't see it as they'll no doubt be expecting to see Kane and co.

The Audi Cup games are fantastic and ideal in my opinion, pitting ourselves against world class opposition right before the start of the season will be a good test to get the players ready to rock and roll.

14. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

We certainly treated last year's US tour like a series of Spurs XI games, so hopefully there's an outbreak of common sense. At the very least, we shouldn't be taking Kane, Carroll, Pritchard, Lamela and Veljkovic as they're involved in various tournaments this summer.