1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YorkshireHoopster, May 6, 2012.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Just thought it worth mentioning that we have to be grateful that Premier League teams have a professional attitude and do not give up just because they have nothing left to play for. Stoke made it hard for us today and were not going to roll over for us. Good for them. I'm sure that Pulis will put out his best team next week and try to win the game against Bolton.

Equally our season may well turn on the fact that West Brom threw everything at it to overturn a two goal deficit at the Reebok and thankfully they achieved it. They had nothing left to play for except their professional pride.

Are there any other national leagues about which you could say the same?

2. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

I agree: Stoke worked really hard today and definitely wanted to get something out of today's game. They even seemed to be wasting time from the 20 minute mark onwards: it was like they were playing in the away leg of a Europa League match!

I wish them well for next week.

3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I thought the same thing. I even thought that Crouchy wanted to score.

4. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Do you reckon nines? Having just seen motd, I was thinking he gave it just a bit too much, just by mistake, just so it went round the outside of the post. Once an R, always an R.

5. QPR12thman

QPR12thman Active Member

Did you see the way WBA were chasing that equaliser? And the way brunt rallied his troops after their first goal? A real credit to them.

6. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

After yesterday:
    1. I will dislike Stoke for ever - dreadful attitude from a club that is already safe; why would anyone pay to watch that?
    2. The Baggies are on my Christmas card list for ever. There is a great history between our clubs anyway and they are their fans are the ones from Birmingham worth talking to.

7. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Sorenson said he was sorry they couldnt send us down or something to that effect.

It means they were trying hard but you could see their whole focus was on not letting us win rather than playing for the 3 points, its really strange when you consider they played a 424 with 4 proper forwards.

Lets hope they are that desperate next week and with their home crowd pushing them on for the 3 points and not just 1.

8. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

Stoke will put on a performance next week,there fans will demand it,nobody likes finishing a season losing at home.

9. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

If I was a professional footballer involved in a match against opponents that could be relegated if they lost, then I'd want to be part of the team that put them there. I don't think it's a vindictive thing, just a desire to be part of a match that meant something. It's one of those games that you can tell the gradchildren about, like a cup final except the losers get remembered (for being relegated) instead of the victors.