1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Transfer News/Gossip

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by whiffletree, Apr 19, 2013.

1. hampshire Blue

hampshire Blue Active Member

I hope that's wrong. He makes Steve Thompson look prolific.

2. Statto

Statto Active Member

I guess now the table is nearly complete the speculation can start in earnest.

Not sure if anybody has mentioned him and he may not be our biggest requirement but I really like the look of Dwight Gayle of Peterborough. He terrorised us at CCS.

Surely must be available at a decnt price now they are relegated.

3. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

On the first post Jonny Williams should be moved to unlikely, he will not join Cardiff... And that is not a WUM comment. I would love him to join the Swans but it is not going to happen because that kid is going to a big team and will end up costing about £15m.

4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

oh....cheers for that vd

5. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

6. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

I dont believe the Adomah story.

Cant see why hed be a target. If wed missed out then maybe. PL - cant see it.

7. hampshire Blue

hampshire Blue Active Member

We have to do much better than that. He's no better than Noone or Conway.

8. Shinycitylad7

Personally think you would be lucky to have him. In a attacking team he will be your best player. No doubt about it.

9. The Exile

The Exile Member

It didn't help Bristol having him in the team.

10. Shinycitylad7

Oh it did, We would of been down long before with out him. Plus he links up with mayanrd very well. After a few game you would all be raving about him :)

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shiny - I've liked what I've seen of Albert, but don't know enough about him to judge, and let's face it, being a one time "player of the season" amongst your lot doesn't say much. Could be as good as we've got in that position, but I doubt very much he's any better.

We've already got plenty of players of that type out wide who can link up with Maynard and Fraizer. We could do with a different option up front along the lines of a more experienced Rudy type of player with physical presence to set them up.

I seem to remember the jacks looking at Adomah at one time with something like a £3M tag bandied about. Don't know why that didn't happen - perhaps in the end, they thought he wasn't good enough for the Prem?

12. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

You disagree?

13. Polo

Polo Member

Lewis McGugan to sign in the next few days on a free transfer.

14. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

who told you that THE SUN.....makes me wonder why you pay 2 watch football your so in the know VD........<doh>

15. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

I'd much rather have Adomah than Conway in our squad, but we do probably need better than both.
    I think most PL full backs will manage Conway easily, he's just too slow for a top class winger.

Coming from L1 Adomah should be cheap though.

16. Stevoldinho

What does he do exactly? With £15m Zaha, wonder kid Williams and 30goal Murray CP should have walked the league.
    Williams looks busy, has a decent touch and can beat a man. He's not quick or big and really injury prone.
    I know the press are claiming he's the next great CP hope I just haven't seen anything (admittedly only seen him play 3/4 times) to suggest he's outstanding. He's a bit like when Henderson was at Sunderland I just don't get the valuation or highly he's rated. At best he looks a **** Aron Ramsey and I reckon he'd only be valued at around £15mill if he moved now.

I agree he won't come to us but as you can probably guess I won't lose much sleep over that.

17. Stevoldinho

Thought Bridcut was outstanding for Brighton over the 2 legs. Their player of the season, not sure we need much in centre mid but he looks too good for another season in the Championship to me.

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'd take a punt on him - the way Bridcutt fits in Poyet's side would be perfect for Malky's set up here.

The only thing that's lacking is his inability to get on the end of a ball in the danger zone. I know he's more of a holding midfielder, but he can't seem to score at all and makes McPhail look like Ricky Lambert.

If you took Gunnar, Kimbo or Whitts out to make room for him, we'd lose significant goal threat.

Would be great little guy to have around though - it's gonna be tough next season.

19. Stevoldinho

I think there'll be times next season where we'll need 2 out and out holding mids. Add to that Gunnar scored this season when allowed to get forward.

It was his energy and how responsible he was that impressed me, always tidying up in front of the back 4. Reminded me of Mascherano when he was at Liverpool.

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

.....or Makelele at Chelsea. I wouldn't mind betting that Claude was still there when Bridcutt started with them.

He could have learnt a lot from him - I think they're about the same size and style, and if he gets anywhere near his abliity.............